• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Reps at Eurogamer Expo claiming 'Wii U 19x more powerful than PS3"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wii U can run Bayonetta 2 at 100% so 2 x 100 = 200 bayoz
PS3 can run Bayonetta 1 at 70% so 1 x 70 = 70 bayoz

200/70= 2.857

Wii U is 2.857 times more powerful than PS3.

Maybe Wii U is a winner...

medium.jpg

19x winner xD

When I went to Eurogamer most of the reps weren't even from the company, they were just hired to wear a t-shirt for the weekend from some agency and given a few hours training.
Has anyone who actually went to the EG Expo pointed out that the "Nintendo Reps" infact had nothing to do with Nintendo at all as a company aside from being hired to demo at that event?
Ah beaten, yeah so they were either misinformed by Nintendo or just bullshitting. I'd go as far as to bet some kid told the rep "oh this thing is so powerful" based on what they heard on the playground and the rep took it as fact.
Pssst!
Play along!
No fuck that it's not cool and just makes GAF look dumb when there are discussions about such tripe quotes.

Perhaps what the rep really meant to say is that the Wii U is 19x more efficient than PS3. There's something thats much easier to believe.

Yes, even the author did not believe them:

Nintendo representatives on the day informed me that it was “19 times more powerful than PS3”. Having spent a decent amount of time with the launch software I doubt these claims, as the games on show at the expo appeared directly comparable to Xbox360 and PS3 titles and certainly no better.

Damn, that's pretty good isn't it?
Aren't Sony only aiming at like 15x more power the PS3?

Looks like Nintendo got this one in the bag power-wise.

I don't know why someone would report this, let alone make a thread about the report - since it is self evident to anyone who knows what Eurogamer Expo is, and to those who attended and met the booth crews (who were awesome, lovely and very friendly) -- that Nintendo's booth reps aren't (and wouldn't be) privvy to any kind of highly specific technical data about the machine. One of the reps I spoke to had just finished a stint of acting in the musical Carousel in London, in fact. They're not strictly Nintendo employees.

Drencrom

Why didn't they just settle with saying 4-6x as powerful? That is at least is a bit more realistic you know.

Edit: argh beaten

Stewox

Banned
if the actual was 1.9 , the question is if it's meant as an addition or top or absolute.

If it's addition it's 290% ... so it does fit with our 3x multiplier.

Are PC's 19 times more powerful than the PS3 yet? A current PC had a GPU that is about 6 generations newer than the one in the PS3, and has about 16 times more RAM on average (not including the 1-3GB's of GDDR5 in the graphics card). But what about CPU performance?

Absinthe

I don't know why someone would report this, let alone make a thread about the report - since it is self evident to anyone who knows what Eurogamer Expo is, and to those who attended and met the booth crews (who were awesome, lovely and very friendly) -- that Nintendo's booth reps aren't (and wouldn't be) privvy to any kind of highly specific technical data about the machine. One of the reps I spoke to had just finished a stint of acting in the musical Carousel in London, in fact. They're not strictly Nintendo employees.

Why the heck not? Look at all the fun we are having!

Come on now chaps. I had a nice chat to one of the Nintendo Reps at Eurogamer.

She was more than happy to chat about her favorite console - the Xbox360 - and that she didn't even own a Wii. She did think the Wii U looked good - of course. She along with the others where there to earn some money.

They did their jobs admirably, but having a single clue about the WIi U's supposed power. Of course not.

Never underestimate the Nintendo effect, they can create gaming experiences that are master classes in design and shrug off any need to compete on a technical level.

Hyperbole like none other.

Im sure the Wii U is excellent and on par with both the PS3 and 360, but thats just pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom