• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opa-Pa

Double Metroid is killing me. I'm trying to get work done but can't think of anything else.

Like I'd legit stop giving Nintendo shit for an entire year and even shut up about Mother 3.

Metroid 3DS + Metroid Switch? 2D + 3D? Both possibilities are amazing to me.

My dream scenario is we get a Smash 4 port with all content from both versions and then some, either this year or the next. For the rest of the Switch gen Smash takes a break and we instead get a CvS2-inspired 3v3 Nintendo All Stars vs. The World / Multiverse where there are fighters from every conceivable property (Capcom, Namco, Jump, etc). It'll never happen but one can dream.

I thought I accidently clicked on the EZA topic.

This crazy rumor mill is spreading in here too???????

Thank goodness the conference is early in the morning!

HD Luigi's Mansion on Switch with huge environments and a return to the non mission-based gameplay of the original would actually probably make me cry. The opportunity for such a game to be terrific is there.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
HAL porting Smash to Switch makes the most sense to me.

Blizzard...I'm guessing it's either Hearthstone OR it's an F-Zero game with Sakurai at the helm because he asked about Captain FAlcon during the leadup to Smash U

Yet there is a reliable source saying that Namco-Bandai is working on Smash Port so yeah.

So why are we taking this guy in the other thread seriously

Someone enlighten me
Colin-Farrell-Shrug-In-Bruges.gif

But I hope he's right.

arlucool

I keep reading about a "winter picture" tease and you guyz associating it with Ice Climbers or Blizzard but it's so obvious is going to be Tropical Freeze sequel/port to the Switch and we're all gonna mass suicide.

sinonobu

Banned
I keep reading about a "winter picture" tease and you guyz associating it with Ice Climbers or Blizzard but it's so obvious is going to be Tropical Freeze sequel/port to the Switch and we're all gonna mass suicide.

I wouldn't mind Retro working on another DK game.

Shahadan

A port wouldn't surprise me, it's easy to do since it doesn't even use the gamepad at all.

jariw

It's a Mario Odyssey ice level.

The way this E3 has been going I'm expecting:

- 15 minutes of Reggie performing an unscripted, unfiltered, stream-of-consciousness marketing speak and spin one-man show
- 10 minutes reiterating everything we already know about ARMS
- Brief snippets of Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Rabbids show up in a Switch accolades montage
- "We have so many more exciting Nintendo games to show you... and we can't wait to do just that over the coming months. Thank you and goodnight"

Mariolee

Mariolee said that his source was "ok" and when he asked whether they had gotten something right before he said that they did.

If what they told me of their source is true, its PLAUSIBLE, but they could always be lying or be misled.

I'm not holding my breath.

At this point the hints are ink blot tests and people are just reading what they want to see.

Mark1

How many new games are people actually expecting to get announced? This could really go anywhere today.

Keeping my expectations in check to avoid disappointment. Look forward to seeing more of the announced games like Mario.

Nintendo please show me some games coming out after 2017. Show me what Retro Studios are making. Show me Smash DX.
Show me Metroid

sinonobu

Banned
He said his blizzard picture was indeed teasing Blizzard.

Oh no no no, I was simply finding it funny that people were focusing on small details in the photo and not on the fact that there's near-whiteout conditions going on.

If you guessed Blizzard, you're correct..

How many new games are people actually expecting to get announced? This could really go anywhere today.

Keeping my expectations in check to avoid disappointment. Look forward to seeing more of the announced games like Mario.

Nintendo please show me some games coming out after 2017. Show me what Retro Studios are making.
Show me Metroid

I'll be fine with just one or two. Gimme Odyssey and Smash and I'm set for 2017.

weekev

Banned
Anyone else thinking Nintendo have a huge chance to win e3 after the lacklustre showings from everyone else bar Ubisoft?

Jubenhimer

I'm calling it, Overwatch Switch could be announced. Jeff Kaplan expressed interest, and surely Nintendo would want 2016's surprise hit on their new console, especially a version you can take with you... Right?

Instro

Anyone else thinking Nintendo have a huge chance to win e3 after the lacklustre showings from everyone else bar Ubisoft?

This has happened several times over the last decade, and Nintendo has shit the bed every time. Keep expectations low lol.

Harpoon

Hmm, Switch and 3DS Metroid games coming out at the same time would be a good repetition of the November 2002 Prime/Fusion double whammy, which was also a return for the franchise after it spent a few years in hibernation.

I'm building up my expectations way too high.

weekev

Banned
This has happened several times over the last decade, and Nintendo has shit the bed every time. Keep expectations low lol.
Good point. Expectations checked. Saying that the Switch games we have seen so far have been awesome apart from Skyrim. I'm struggling to check my expectations..

Mark1

This. Sometimes Nintendo have the best presentations...or the polar opposite. Doesn't help that they don't focus on E3 as much.

So please set expectation levels low to avoid that possibility of disappointment

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You guys know everyone is going to be like "Nintendo Fucking Blew it LOL" and then as the Treehouse goes on and more information comes out, most will realize Nintendo's E3 was actually pretty strong.

No. Unless the info comes from the "conference" itself it doesn't count. Even before treehouse, Nintendo would reveal additional stuff on their website, but that never counted either. This rule has been passed down the generations. Nintendo has 25 minutes to deliver or they can kiss their whole future goodbye.

arlucool

I myself not specting too many surprises. If anything, Retro's game. However, I do expect to see new footage of already announced games like FireEmblem Warriors and FE Switch, SMT, Xeno2, mayyyyybe Monster Hunter XX, Pikmin 4 or a brief look at a new Animal Crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom