• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

vern

Yes I remember it saying something like "many will eat crow once third party support will be revealed"
But I have nothing against him at all

Just catching up on this thread but I never once said anything like that.

I said I knew of about ten third party games, and only one that would really make gaf talk (this one hasn't been announced yet, but it was leaked by others and I confirmed i had heard of it too...
LA Noire
) .. the rest I said were pretty lame. Most have since been announced. I even said Steep was cancelled... and where is that? Haven't seen it actually released or heard a peep since that sizzle reel if I'm not mistaken. Anyway glad you don't have anything against me, but don't make stuff up lol.

Sorry, but do you have a link for where he said this?

Payday level... My mind immediately went to Killing Floor for no apparent reason.

Not saying it's this. Not saying it isn't. And last time I heard about this game, whether it's this one or some other one (😉) was probably a month or two ago... and as we all know things can change.

Vern is...where?

Here! Can't always be monitoring gaf 😅

Waji

The only few seconds I could see about Arms would be for an upcoming new Character. But it may be too early for that.

The only few seconds I could see about Arms would be for an upcoming new Character. But it may be too early for that.

Not if its already on the cart and been done like in Splatoon.

Wasn't it supposed to be 10? Like almost a highlight reel but not really?
? They announced a 5 minute trailer of Super Mario Odyssey will be their e3 conference.

In all seriousness I hate that SMO is the main event. Not because it shouldn't be, but because I don't want to see anymore footage/info. Guess I'll just look away when it starts but will still hear it. I really hope Bowser isn't the main villain. Would be especially odd since New Donk City IS Donkey Kong 81, and the fruit world looked like SMB2 inspired and desert world looked SML1 inspired. Would be great to have a DK villain in a main Mario game. If he's not a villain in New Donk City would really have to wonder why all the DK references in New Donk City. So tired of Bowser. Atleast the Mushroom Kingdom is no more.

In all seriousness I hate that SMO is the main event. Not because it shouldn't be, but because I don't want to see anymore footage/info. Guess I'll just look away when it starts but will still hear it. I really hope Bowser isn't the main villain. Would be especially odd since New Donk City IS Donkey Kong 81, and the fruit world looked like SMB2 inspired and desert world looked SML1 inspired. Would be great to have a DK villain in a main Mario game. If he's not a villain in New Donk City would really have to wonder why all the DK references in New Donk City. So tired of Bowser. Atleast the Mushroom Kingdom is no more.

I mean SMO is the next BoTW in terms of anticipation and going by youtube counts, one of the most anticipated games of the entire year. They'd be utterly daft not to make it at least some cornerstone of Nintendo's presence at E3.

As for Bowser as a Villain, there's something to be said about his predictability as a mainstay but at least he's dapper as hell this time around. With Mario's Huge Moveset like in 64, I eagerly await how bossfights will be handled.

After reading all this and e3 being so near, I dreamt that Nintendo announced metroid prime 4 ( yes it was called that). It didn't look like a big upgrade so dream me wasn't impressed.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I wonder what Nintendo's got lined up for Q1 2018. Surely they'll drop a megaton or two during E3. Maybe new game from Retro or Platinum?

With Zelda recently released and a new 3D Mario already coming this year the only announcement I really care about is a new Metroid. The rest is the rest. Nintendo's E3 could be a 10 second Metroid teaser and I would be cool with it.

javac

Nintendo's been trying to adhere to releasing one game a month and so unless they suddenly stop in December I suspect that we'll see Switch games released in Jan, Feb, March, ..., 2018 and so unless these games just appear on shelves with no marketing we'll get Directs detailing these games before years end if not at E3. Everything that we know of will be out this year, nintendo will talk about 2018 and beyond at some point.

Neoxon

I wonder what Nintendo's got lined up for Q1 2018. Surely they'll drop a megaton or two during E3. Maybe new game from Retro or Platinum?
With how little time there is in the Spotlight, I'm not so sure. At least we can somewhat understand why they aren't discussing the 3DS in this.

J@hranimo

Banned
Nintendo's been trying to adhere to releasing one game a month and so unless they suddenly stop in December I suspect that we'll see Switch games released in Jan, Feb, March, ..., 2018 and so unless these games just appear on shelves with no marketing we'll get Directs detailing these games before years end if not at E3. Everything that we know of will be out this year, nintendo will talk about 2018 and beyond at some point.

Yup, and that will be before the year is over too.

"Today, we're pleased to announce BOB for the Nintendo Switch!"

twin-peaks-bob-couch.gif

Soul Lab

With how little time there is in the Spotlight, I'm not so sure. At least we can somewhat understand why they aren't discussing the 3DS in this.
you don't know how much will be in the spotlight.
E3 2015 presentation was about 45 mins.
Cut all the developers talk and you are roughly at the 25mins mark too.
While the announcements in 2015 were underwhelming, they were still new.
(Triforce heroes, Mario Tennis, Federation Force etc)

Neoxon

you don't know how much will be in the spotlight.
E3 2015 presentation was about 45 mins.
Cut all the developers talk and you are roughly at the 25mins mark too.
While the announcements in 2015 were underwhelming, they were still new.
(Triforce heroes, Mario Tennis, Federation Force etc)
So maybe there's hope. Between this & the MvCI leak, I really want to be excited for something this E3, but the universe just won't let that happen.

Champion

Indeed, nothing has changed!

It's like "wow if only Nintendo more of these 'Directs' multiple times a year, especially for next year's games."
I doubt Nintendo fans and ppl who have invested in a Switch want to hear this.Its been 3 months of 'wait til E3' comments and its here now. Ppl want to see new games.

5 min for Super Mario Odyssey
2 min for ARMS
3 min for Splatoon 2
2 min for Mario X Rabbids
2 min for BoTW DLC 1
2 min for Skyrim
3 min for Pokemon 3DS
2 min for Xenoblade 2
2 min for FE Warriors
1 min for wrap up
1 min for intro

After reading all this and e3 being so near, I dreamt that Nintendo announced metroid prime 4 ( yes it was called that). It didn't look like a big upgrade so dream me wasn't impressed.

Ah the cursed E3/Direct dreams. They are the worse the night before and when they're happening early in the morning. Feels as if it already happened and you want to go online to share but something feels odd just as you finish that thought.

I have not had mine yet but it will happen as it always does!!

Red Devil

5 min for Super Mario Odyssey
2 min for ARMS
3 min for Splatoon 2
2 min for Mario X Rabbids
2 min for BoTW DLC 1
2 min for Skyrim
3 min for Pokemon 3DS
2 min for Xenoblade 2
2 min for FE Warriors
1 min for wrap up
1 min for intro

You forgot the Smash trailer intro when it appears everything's done. ;)

vareon

It will still be full of relevant information and even one or two surprises, but it won't feel much like an event. Part of me still wants the spectacle and playfulness.

For comparison the E3 2015 Digital Event was 48 minutes long with 15 games.

It will still be full of relevant information and even one or two surprises, but it won't feel much like an event. Part of me still wants the spectacle and playfulness.

For comparison the E3 2015 Digital Event was 48 minutes long with 15 games.
I don't think we should be comparing 2015 to 2017 honestly.

different situations.

J@hranimo

Banned
I doubt Nintendo fans and ppl who have invested in a Switch want to hear this.Its been 3 months of 'wait til E3' comments and its here now. Ppl want to see new games.

That's true, but until we see otherwise this is their strategy (at least for the 1st year). So far imo it's been working. Hopefully they can finish off their 1st year strong despite stock issues here and there.

jariw

There will probably be people saying it is not concerning

And you think the duration is concerning? Why?

Duration isn't related to game quality, and duration only slightly affects the number of games that will be covered. The format of a presentation is a bigger factor than the duration, when it comes to number of games that will be covered.

MTC100

Banned
There won't be any 3DS talk in the Nintendo Spotlight.

I wonder how often someone had to point that out in this thread, I remember doing it myself at least twice already...

Some Mod needs to change the topic to:

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 SWITCH conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

I really hope we get a Mario Party announcement for the Switch. It's the perfect platform for it.

The reason why the Switch is just perfect for me is that with the joy-cons and my pro controller (used when docked) makes 3 player gameplay so easy.

The joy-con really was a genius idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom