• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo still cannot transfer Switch saves (Polygon) [Up: They can, but not you]

entremet

Nintendo better step it up.

The Switch seems to not be a bomb like the Wii U and there finally have some nice buzz, but their feature set better start coming up soon. Consumers have been spoiled by smartphone tech.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm really hoping cloud saves come along with their online service.
But it would be good to have local backups on microsd.

If I ever lose my Zelda save at this point, I am never going to play that again.

I'm not paying for online, so if NIntendo ends up making the only way to backup saves through a paywall they can go screw themselves.

I'm really disappointed that the saves don't go on the cart, at least. It would have been nice of every cart came with some extra writable empty space for saves and even game updates. Keeping all that stuff together just makes sense to me, when you have a format that gives you the option to do so.

Two Words

I'm honestly 50/50 on this one. I 100% believe that the option should be there, but I can also see why Nintendo didn't include it right away.

I've been lucky enough to have a completely functional Switch, but I feel for those negatively affected by this. They need to implement Cloud saves or something rather soon. SD card support seems 50/50 as I'm sure they're worried about exploits.
Uhh, what valid reason is there to not have local save back ups?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I would imagine they're trying to clamp down on save game fuckery in an attempt to keep their fresh new console from being hacked right away.

SteveWD40

I would imagine they're trying to clamp down on save game fuckery in an attempt to keep their fresh new console from being hacked right away.

Stop punishing customers in the lost cause of fighting those who will crack it anyway.

They have indicated cloud saves will come with the online services, better hope they are right...

Vitacat

No doubt you're right. But it's still wrong to treat millions of legit customers badly by denying us the most basic things like save backups. Surely they could use some good encryption and do a checksum check when reading a backup to prevent people from screwing with the data.

And others said, it's also not acceptable if such functions get hidden behind a paywall when their online service goes into effect. Save backups to cloud should be free. And even then, I'd still want the ability to have local backups. Clouds can go down, or disappear completely when suits determine its no longer business sense to keep them going. So cloud saves alone is not good either.

Bowl0l

It's not surprising if Nintendo locks saves behind a paywall because without that, what redeeming features will Nintendo paid Online service have?

It's not surprising if Nintendo locks saves behind a paywall because without that, what redeeming features will Nintendo paid Online service have?

It's not surprising people are making shit up, then proceeding to get angry at the things they made up, all the while ignoring reality

Top Bottom