• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctre81

lol Gamestop just accidently confirmed Skyrim and Pokemon for switch then stealth deleted it.

”Nintendo Switch games will include new title offerings from Mario, Splatoon, Zelda, the NBA and more! You will even be able to play Skyrim on the go, or Pokemon at home with the Nintendo Switch. The unit will also include a number of handy, interchangeable Nintendo Switch accessories."

It looks to be a floor layout for demos on the show floor so it's definitely more possible than "random paper with all the games pls don't leak."

Though I'm putting this in the fake category. Monster Hunter 5 instead of XX is my biggest concern; Splatoon Rainbow Festival just sounds strange as well, like it's a Kirby game.

Rainbow Festival makes sense as a title though, it's a game all about color and festivals play a large part in it.

Plum

March 17 - It sucks that I have to choose between the Switch launch and going to see Beauty and the Beast. I only wish there was some way to play my new Nintendo games while at the theater.

Well even with the portability of the Switch you'd be an ass to start playing Zelda in the middle of a film :p

Just collect the console early in the morning and wait until after, it'll still be there once the movie finishes and I doubt you'll regret the 4 or so hours the theater trip would take.

Rainbow Festival makes sense as a title though, it's a game all about color and festivals play a large part in it.

It makes sense, but it's just way too similar to Kirby game titles for me to find it believable.

Oregano

MonHun 5 will not be announced.

XX just got announced and it's releasing literally when the console releases.

FAKE :p

I think that photo is fake but Tri G and 4 were announced at the same time in Nintendo's Pre-TGS conference.

Honestly that line up is super believable apart from MH5 obviously.

Still obviously fake though.

Roo

well..

1484005202857.jpg

Thanks a bunch. Unfortunately Argos has always been iffy with me and once gave my reservation to some dude who came in before me.

I'm on HUKD - it never crossed my mind actually!

Tbh, the best option for reliability is Nintendo themselves. Only once have they let me down (Mario kart 8) and they compensated by emailing me an eshop code for the game. The disc copy showed up a few days later, so I had both.

And that was whilst there was the "get a free game when you register MK" promo on, so I ended up getting two free games. Result!

They aren't the cheapest though, so take that into account.

Inazuma Eleven
Taiko Drum Master
Monster Hunter 5
Skyrim Special Edition
Super Mario Maker for Switch
Just Dance 2017
Minecraft: Switch Edition
Lego City Undercover
Mario Kart 8 Switch Circuit
Super Mario Switch
Splatoon Rainbow Festival
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Seeing just "Switch" and not "Nintendo Switch" in these titles leads me to doubt the list heavily.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/lego-city-undercover-coming-to-nintendo-switch-ps4/1100-6445654/

interesting that a lot of people see Minecraft for Switch as being this early when it took WiiU ages to get a port, they must have been working on it at the same time as the Wii U version if so

Well even with the portability of the Switch you'd be an ass to start playing Zelda in the middle of a film :p

Just collect the console early in the morning and wait until after, it'll still be there once the movie finishes and I doubt you'll regret the 4 or so hours the theater trip would take.

Wolfcastle - dats da joke.

I just saw a commercial for B&B and realized it was the same day. Disney will need to wait a day or so to get my money. I have a date with a different beauty that day - its Tingle.

jdstorm

Banned
Went to Gamestop today to see if I could put down for a pre-order and was told I should line up Friday because stock is going to be extremely limited. I cannot fucking understand why this company is limiting stock. I'm not saying artificial scarcity, but it's obvious they're not mass producing early on in its life cycle. Absurd.

Limited stock comes from how poorly the WiiU performed. Sure the switch is poised to be a MegaHit. But all retailers have to go on is the <15M WiiUs sold in its lifetime. So they are starting very conservatively

Oregano

Tbh, the best option for reliability is Nintendo themselves. Only once have they let me down (Mario kart 8) and they compensated by emailing me an eshop code for the game. The disc copy showed up a few days later, so I had both.

And that was whilst there was the "get a free game when you register MK" promo on, so I ended up getting two free games. Result!

They aren't the cheapest though, so take that into account.

The price for N3DS were quite competitive considering you got a choice of faceplates, a charger and a Mario 3DS holder(which they're desperate to get rid of). EDIT:...and my N3DS arrived a day early!

TheJoRu

Seeing just "Switch" and not "Nintendo Switch" in these titles leads me to doubt the list heavily.

Good call. Nintendo doesn't mess around when it comes to referring to their systems correctly. You'd be hard pressed to find someone at Nintendo saying "3DS" instead of "Nintendo 3DS" in an interview, for example.

The Switch is called "Nintendo Switch" and that is how it will be referred to in all cases by them. I mean, sure, they can call a game "Super Mario Switch" just as they did with a "Super Mario 64" but you'll never see a "Minecraft: Switch Edition", it'll be "Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition".

fossi8

Just called Gameplanet store in Monterrey Mexico for preorder information, they say the demand is covered and price will be around $10,000 MXP converted to USD is around 475 dollars VAT included .. LOL thank you Trump !!!

antonz

2 Million units at launch is not out of the normal. Its pretty much in line with what consoles have done in recent year at launches. Yeah PS4 exploded out of the gate in a much larger than normal fashion but Nintendo is playing it the usual. Preorder Demand could see the 2 million increase a bit but Nintendo has no intention of making 6 million units for launch and then having to have insane sales. If they sold all 6 million obviously that would be amazing but if they only sold 3 million the narrative would then be Nintendo doomed

Brofield

in the scale from 1 to 5 , how do you guys thinks you'll rate the presentation when it's over?

1= Meh hardware all around, bad price, nothing but leaked software. pre-order cancelled

2= Eh, I expected more but there was this one redeeming thing in the presentation, will probably get day one

3=
What I expected on all accounts, I am still hyped, and will get day one,

4= Almost perfect, new games, fair price, exciting hardware, I am sold.

5= my mind is blown, I can't believe what I just saw, I'll take 3 of those thank you.

I feel if I don't find a way to bring my hype levels down, it'll land somewhere around 2 or 3. If I'm going in with realistic expectations, definitely a four.

I'm gonna have a hard time not thinking about Space Jam every time I see Pokémon Stars

Could you imagine the Nintendo crew walking out to Quad City DJs like they own this shit like it's N64 era 1997 all over again?

NSESN

I am almost done with my my War playtrhough of SMT apocalypse, it made the last week pass really fast. Should be done with it tomorrow, then 2 days with only pokemon to help.

onionfrog

lol Gamestop just accidently confirmed Skyrim and Pokemon for switch then stealth deleted it.

“Nintendo Switch games will include new title offerings from Mario, Splatoon, Zelda, the NBA and more! You will even be able to play Skyrim on the go, or Pokemon at home with the Nintendo Switch. The unit will also include a number of handy, interchangeable Nintendo Switch accessories.”
Fingers crossed for Pokemon Stars being a launch window game!

SuperSah

Banned
I can see 700k for Japan, 800K for US and 500K for EU.

500k for the whole of Europe would be an utter and complete disaster.

Doing some pretty poor math with poor logic on my behalf, if they launch in lets say most European countries, call it 40 out of 50+ with only 500k units to spread about, there'll only be 12500 units a country.

Disaster. Imagine that.

in the scale from 1 to 5 , how do you guys thinks you'll rate the presentation when it's over?

1= Meh hardware all around, bad price, nothing but leaked software. pre-order cancelled

2= Eh, I expected more but there was this one redeeming thing in the presentation, will probably get day one

3=
What I expected on all accounts, I am still hyped, and will get day one,

4= Almost perfect, new games, fair price, exciting hardware, I am sold.

5= my mind is blown, I can't believe what I just saw, I'll take 3 of those thank you.

I think I'll probably hover around a 3, but I could see it going up to a 4 for me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom