• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Super Bowl Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand, good to see Nintendo spending serious ad money this time, and on securing new music from big acts.

On the other... Imagine Dragons?

Jon

Great commercial - concise, game looks great, good song choice. Good on Nintendo for some 21st century marketing.

Strider

oh wow. Nintendo might finally be getting it on the advertising front...

But yea people can say the switch isn't the successor to 3ds as well and buy into their PR talk for now but I mean... Considering they are investing this hard in advertising this time around surely that points to an "all in" strat on the hardware front. We'll see if it works out.

Neoxon

Not too shabby, Nintendo. I'm actually surprised that they actually wised up & made a Super Bowl commercial. Hopefully this pays off for them.

If nothing else, the marketing for Switch has been pretty damn on-point. That's honestly where it matters most IMO. Hope it succeeds.

Quonny

That Switch demo screen at the very end is really effective.

Good overall commercial, but that final little Switch blob is great.

Captura.png

IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE

On one hand, good to see Nintendo spending serious ad money this time, and on securing new music from big acts.

On the other... Imagine Dragons?
The ad isn't for us, so I think it's a pretty solid music choice.

Good ad. I would have had him go outside to really highlight the portability aspect, but I think it was smart that it's both an ad for the system and for Zelda.

Bazry

That extended one is strange, I think thats the 1st time i've seen an advert for Switch where they haven't just straight up shown the system being docked/undocked at the start. In this one they go from showing someone playing a handheld, to 2 people playing on the TV

JB2448

Legit expected that thread title to be a troll "lol whatif rite guyz? :D" bait and switch, but they actually did it.

Good shit, Nintendo.

Peléo

A Superbowl commercial is already quite expensive, wonder how Nintendo managed to hire the canadian PM for the role.

Overall, pretty good commercial. We also got a bit more footage of the sandboarding boar.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The Super Bowl ad is hot. Maybe more a Zelda commercial than a Switch one, but no biggie. And it's great that they're doing a Super Bowl ad.

As for the extended cut, the kids and families are back. I guess NoA couldn't stand seeing so many adults.

They have a Superbowl ad? Did they have one for previous consoles?
It really only makes sense when you're launching hardware in the Spring. Anything further than a month put would be a hard sell, and likely have little sales impact. With this, people will know what Switch is by the time release hits (and subsequent news stories about how Nintendo's new thing is impossible to find).

Haines

Banned
Honestly.

Nintendo is knocking it out of the park.

Dare i say I can see this catching the eye of the people who only bought a Wii.

Futureman

I want one. Give me.

The Super Bowl ad is hot. Maybe more a Zelda commercial than a Switch one, but no biggie. And it's great that they're doing a Super Bowl ad.

I'd say it's pretty evenly split which is smart. It's one of the biggest franchises and the game looks amazing.

Plum

I was just saying in the Nintendo UK thread that they'd be stupid to not do a Superbowl ad. Glad to see they are, and it's a good one as well.

The ad isn't for us, so I think it's a pretty solid music choice.

Good ad. I would have had him go outside to really highlight the portability aspect, but I think it was smart that it's both an ad for the system and for Zelda.

Yeah, it's totally fine. I'm just being a hater, haha.

Much better than that "Switch" song in the EU ad floating around this morning, at the very least.

Oh wow, the 30 second ad is actually much better than the full one in my opinion. Still wish they had the ending of the UK ads where you see the image switch to the TV. But very good, and a very good idea to focus on Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom