• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Super Bowl Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

And that couch, toilet and bed you need as well. Jesus Christus Nintendo, what were you thinking?!

OK, now we're really getting into totally optional extras. Why not get the golden chalice you need to drink out of?!

my_setup1.jpg

And that couch, toilet and bed you need as well. Jesus Christus Nintendo, what were you thinking?!

Don't forget the hidden cost of the food you'll need to power you through each time you play it.

Also electricity bill for when it's in the dock or on charge.

Don't forget the hidden cost of the food you'll need to power you through each time you play it.

Also electricity bill for when it's in the dock or on charge.

What about the cost for a car you need to drive to work in order to get the money you need to buy the console in the first place?
God damn it, Nintendo, always stuck in the fucking past!

Awe man, you been I have to buy games
separate from the console? Nintendo's lost their minds this time!

eh. This is the first time since Gamecube that Nintendo didn't bundle their console with a game. Aint nobody in America going to buy 1+2 Switch, but we would have played it if it were packed in. Seemed like a no brainer to pack it in but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

I'm spending $370... I am doing it wrong apparently

Yes you need to order all the things, it's the only way.

What about the cost for a car you need to drive to work in order to get the money you need to buy the console in the first place?
God damn it, Nintendo, always stuck in the fucking past!

What about the extra money for the car charger for when you want to charge your switch while you're in the car?
Damn

random25

eh. This is the first time since Gamecube that Nintendo didn't bundle their console with a game. Aint nobody in America going to buy 1+2 Switch, but we would have played it if it were packed in. Seemed like a no brainer to pack it in but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Nah. It was only the Wii where the only available launch SKU has a bundled game. All other else, handhelds included, had a "vanilla" SKU and a SKU with a bundled game with a much higher price tag.

spekkeh

Banned
"The One That Makes You Really Want the Thing It's Selling".
Lol. Time should step out of their Nintendo bubble. Nobody wants to buy this except the really old people who talk in Friends references. Total fanboys. Losers. Sad!

That guy is looking like he knows they both drank too much henny and its going down lol
That's the best part of the commercial. That 'oh snap I'm going to get lucky tonight' face was snuck in there completely intentionally.

Nah. It was only the Wii where the only available launch SKU has a bundled game. All other else, handhelds included, had a "vanilla" SKU and a SKU with a bundled game with a much higher price tag.

I thought the NES was always bundled with Super Mario Bros in the west?

Yeah because other consoles don't have "hidden costs". I hate this thing when people bring it up. Newsflash, games and peripherals cost money on other devices too.

You also don't need a memory card.

don't forget about the television you have to play it on, the monthly electrical bill charges this thing will force on you, the gas it takes to go to drive to a place to pick up the stuff and drive back home, and the groceries that you need in order to provide sustenance while playing the switch. we're looking at something at least $1,000 before taxes. at least with the ps4 i had it delivered to work and that thing was only $400 plus a game.

This is so disingenuous...

Guys please don't be obtuse. We're not discussing hard core gamers here, were talking about mainstream. Im not trying to attack the box. I'm of the opinion that the cost of entry for this console is higher than Nintendo's past. Nintendo also leans younger so when it comes to mainstream adoption parents will be making those calls. Parents like me. I'm not dropping that cash for my son any time soon. Maybe once the library gets bigger and it gets way cheaper.

Sorry. Those excited about it already know about it I think. Superbowl ad won't bring big change here. That's all.

Oregano

I can see why they didn't pack it in though, because people would then inevitably want the console cheaper without 1 2 Switch.

Shaii

It's more than that.

$300 - system
$60 - game
$50 - memory card
$60 - pro controller in the ad

That's $470 + tax. $500 bones for this. No kids worth that.

You also forgot the $30 Charge Grip, if you want to charge your Joycons without having to get out of the couch.

Maybe some ekstra joycons if you want to play 4 player multiplayer... That's an additional $110 on top of your list!!!!

Nintendo are super greedy this time around.

/s

Guys please don't be obtuse. We're not discussing hard core gamers here, were talking about mainstream. Im not trying to attack the box. I'm of the opinion that the cost of entry for this console is higher than Nintendo's past. Nintendo also leans younger so when it comes to mainstream adoption parents will be making those calls. Parents like me. I'm not dropping that cash for my son any time soon. Maybe once the library gets bigger and it gets way cheaper.

Sorry. Those excited about it already know about it I think. Superbowl ad won't bring big change here. That's all.

If you're talking about mainstream gamers it makes even less sense. Mainstream gamers aren't the ones who will be buying pro controllers and additional storage at release. I agree that it's a big ask for parents to pay that much when buying a device for their children, then again smartphones and tablets tend to be the go to for children so what do I know. It's not a huge amount more than the 3DS at launch anyway.

The last part of your post is just silly. Yes the people who are excited about the switch already know about it (read that back and think about why it doesn't make sense). They're trying to appeal to people who aren't already excited about it. That plus they don't expect people to go out and buy a switch this second. This is part of a campaign to increase the awareness of the switch and there is no doubt that worked.

I should have known better than to post in a Nintendo thread. Yes all Nintendo's back! The king returns.
Sorry I prognosticated. You guys are fiercely loyal.

Sounds like the cost of a PS4 + 1 game to me back when it launched, so where exactly is the problem?
As someone with a Switch and the $130 version of BotW pre-ordered, and no intent to buy a PS4 any time soon: I don't feel the Switch is worth the same as the PS4, and I imagine many people feel the same. I'm just a stupid fanboy who can't not buy Nintendo's shit.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Nobody at the bar I was at gave a single fuck about this commercial :(
I was waiting for their reactions, and nothing...
I decided to read this now banned posters previous posts and holy shit, this guy tried really hard to seem like he was just a gamer not that interested in switch and most times filinf, almost every post i read so far is intentionally negative about the switch

I should have known better than to post in a Nintendo thread. Yes all Nintendo's back! The king returns.
Sorry I prognosticated. You guys are fiercely loyal.

Chucking a tantrum and throwing your toys out of the cot doesn't make your argument look any better. Switching to personal attacks is a sure sign that you're unable to actually put forth a decent argument.

Toparaman

Banned
At the bar I was at for the game, during the Switch commercial there was stunned silence. Then one guy stood up and slowly started clapping. Others soon joined in, and before I knew it the whole bar was cheering, and screaming "Sugoi Nintendo! Sugoi Nintendo!". Another dude ordered burgers for the whole bar to celebrate. The bartender changed the video input of the TV over to a computer that was connected to it, and we just watched Switch footage on YouTube for the rest of the Super Bowl duration.

Chucking a tantrum and throwing your toys out of the cot doesn't make your argument look any better. Switching to personal attacks is a sure sign that you're unable to actually put forth a decent argument.

This reeks of a personal attack, but ok. My argument was stated clearly. You can disagree, which you clearly do. Time will tell who's right. In my personal opinion, I don't think the ad was effective and I don't think the Switch will be a good value proposition until the price goes down and library goes up.

AniHawk

This reeks of a personal attack, but ok. My argument was stated clearly. You can disagree, which you clearly do. Time will tell who's right. In my personal opinion, I don't think the ad was effective and I don't think the Switch will be a good value proposition until the price goes down and library goes up.

people were having a go at your argument that you need to buy all that stuff in order for the machine to work a certain way. the bare minimum is $400 after taxes for the system and a game. it comes with memory so no need for a memory card and it comes with a controller, so another one is a luxury. i don't think it's necessary to explain to you why it comes across as silly if you argument was about buying something for a kid. it just seemed like overkill to make the value proposition weaker than it might have been on its own.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
this is now a general "my hot take on Switch" / why I think (don't think) the Switch will be BASED-thread, time to SWITCH it OFF hahahahhahahahhaurhg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom