• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 2015 Fiscal Year Financial Results Briefing | 10:00 AM JST

Ōkami

24l.jpg

24.70m amiibos sold, 28.90m cards

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Polaris or 14nm would be the reason for the delay, not the other way around. Whatever the design is, its already set, they won't change to Polaris because of a delay but if Polaris or 14nm had been the design to begin with then that was hoping on a prayer to be ready for 2016 holiday because it would have needed to start production months ago... and 14nm isn't there just yet.

This is a very easy answer to why they can't/won't launch in holiday: they can't make enough consoles.

I've been wondering about that. Manufacturing delay is one of the only things that make much sense, and if they weren't using something "new" then a manufacturing delay probably wouldn't be an issue.

It could just be software, but I doubt that's the only reason. Nintendo has had teams done with Wii U/3DS software for years now.

Sandfox

The 13th Splatfest, held from April 23rd to the 24th in Japan, saw around 790,000 participants, a record number.
With a total sell-through of 1.49 million units in Japan at the time the 13th Splatfest was held, this means that more than half of the software owners participated in this event.
That's impressive.

Trago

Wii U sell through is at over 12 million. The 'trending downward sales' for their home consoles is still a thing.

Lets hope NX changes that.

-Horizon-

I've been wondering about that. Manufacturing delay is one of the only things that make much sense, and if they weren't using something "new" then a manufacturing delay probably wouldn't be an issue.

It could just be software, but I doubt that's the only reason. Nintendo has had teams done with Wii U/3DS software for years now.

HD games are hard work

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I need sleep now, but I should be back soon. I'll see to updating the OP with links to transcript of Q&A if such has been published by then.

Thanks all.

Top Bottom