• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's new Splatoon 2-themed Switch case looks nuts, announced first for Japan

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's a shame most of these accessories never seem to leave Japan.

I've seen those Quick Pouches on Amazon JP and are pretty much what I want from a case for my commute, but nothing on Amazon UK.

spekkeh

Banned
For the lazy:

00000646_04.jpg
00000646_05.jpg
00000646_06.jpg
I don't need these I already have one

giphy.gif

sleepnaught

I pretty much want every accessory in here. The bookcover/tabletop stand, the Splatoon lunchbox, the Mario Kart case, and the Splatoon joy-con covers being the standouts.

Someone said these are already on Amazon? Where? Is it only Amazon Japan? Can a US Amazon account order from Amazon Japan? Is there an import tax?

Nintendo's website says July 21st :(

ckfy63a

The ARMS, Zelda, and Mario Kart cases are skins of this one, right?

Those zipper handles are so awesome. I wish they were sold separately, I'd totally deck out my plain black soft case with an ARMS one.

grimmiq

Not related to the thread but couldn't figure out where to ask this.

Going to be in another state for a couple of weeks, likely with only a tiny TV, so I'm thinking of picking up a Switch + LoZ, do I need the dock to charge the console or can I just pick up a USB cable? If it's the latter, what's best to charge it with? I have a couple of generic phone chargers, and I think an apple charger laying around somewhere. Would be much easier being able to leave the dock at home.

samred

The ARMS, Zelda, and Mario Kart cases are skins of this one, right?

Those zipper handles are so awesome. I wish they were sold separately, I'd totally deck out my plain black soft case with an ARMS one.

yes, and, agreed. for only $20ish, I may bite for the zipper tie alone...

also, no, cases from OP aren't up at Amazon JP yet. I checked and then some.

deleted

Puh, the soft cases look awesome! Can you put the joycon straps and some games in it too like in the current official black one?

mclem

Wow finally an accessory who does several thign in a cool and clever way. I definitely will buy this if it happens to release in PAL land or at least at a decent price on play-asia.

I've been putting off buying a case - my Switch isn't travelling much as yet, I'm still finishing off DQ7 - but I'll need one in September. Hopefully that tablet-style case/stand is available over here by then, because that looks right up my street.

MouldyK

Not related to the thread but couldn't figure out where to ask this.

Going to be in another state for a couple of weeks, likely with only a tiny TV, so I'm thinking of picking up a Switch + LoZ, do I need the dock to charge the console or can I just pick up a USB cable? If it's the latter, what's best to charge it with? I have a couple of generic phone chargers, and I think an apple charger laying around somewhere. Would be much easier being able to leave the dock at home.

Can charge it with the supplied USB-C Cable.

Now, the "image cover" (as per rough Google translation), which doubles as a book-style protector for the hardware (leaving Joy-Cons exposed) AND a table stand... WITH AN OPENING FOR THE POWER CABLE TO SLIP THROUGH. Took y'all long enough.

00000646_10.jpg
00000646_12.jpg

QWmoLRE.gif

I need that badly.

Dehnus

Now, the "image cover" (as per rough Google translation), which doubles as a book-style protector for the hardware (leaving Joy-Cons exposed) AND a table stand... WITH AN OPENING FOR THE POWER CABLE TO SLIP THROUGH. Took y'all long enough.

00000646_10.jpg

00000646_12.jpg

THIS! Is how the Dock should have been from the start! Since there is almost nothing in there anyway.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
These are those awful PDP licensed ones right? As much as I did the Mario Kart one (a bit more than the plainer Mario designs that already exist) the popular RDS models still seem to be the way to go, no?

really the only reason the dock isnt a usb c breakout dongle is so nintendo can sell a product that "slots" into its "place" and then sell that "place" for 80$ per entertainment center in your house

Does a breakout dongle provide other USB slots, genuine question.

Top Bottom