• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's Unknown device has approved by Korea RRA

Not particularly. I am very confident that at least one of their main QOL platforms will essentially be a Nintendo kindle device. A touch-screen tablet for adult / geriatric market with downloadable versions of Brain Age, English Training, Personal Trainer, Cooking Guide, etc.

The thing about the QOL initiative is they said it won't launch until at least next April, so I think this is probably something different that releases sooner if it's already getting rfi tested.
Having said that, I think leaked photos of the 3DS devkit came from FCC testing 1 month before the handheld was shown at E3. Either way I think it'll be shown at E3 whatever it is.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Except it's listed as a portable video player, and it's been approved for radio inteference testing, so it's most likely a wireless video display of some kind. The numbering doesn't mean much except have us wondering what 001 is.

Most likely if not their new QOL thing. But I think the console will be redesigned too if this is product 009.

This brings a question: do we have Wii U's gamepad Korean rating? If it's been rated as "portable video player", then we're done here XD

This brings a question: do we have Wii U's gamepad Korean rating? If it's been rated as "portable video player", then we're done here XD

Using the search on their site I can find all the handheld revisions, circle pad accessories and Revolution systems but no mention of WUP... it's out in Korea, right?

L~A

Using the search on their site I can find all the handheld revisions, circle pad accessories and Revolution systems but no mention of WUP... it's out in Korea, right?

Nope, the Wii U doesn't seem to have been released in Korea. Only the 3DS was released there, apparently.

Effer

Knowing Iwata... fully portable Wii Fit? :\

Alternately, Miyamoto's new IP. A augmented reality window treasure hunt sorta device. (Just don't look for pikmin in traffic.)

catmario

It's strange that this model starts at 009, not 001. Something like new media style? New blue ocean?

Nintendo always make me wondering. What could this be?

AdanVC

Ohhh, this is interesting... Realistically, it can be a Gamepad redesign. Nintendo is known for always do revisions of their current consoles during each generation, especially with their handhelds... Maybe a Gamepad that you can carry everywhere and use it like an iPad??

3DS Player for the Wii U? (please?)
My man! I would love to see this before I buy a 3DS sometime this year. Given how cheap the 2DS is I would imagine such a device would be very doable by now when it comes to cost.

...Why? Why the hell not? WiiU is a dual screen system already and being able to play portable games on a screen that is not miserably tiny would be great for me. I don't really think it applies to the description of the device in the OP though :(

LordOfChaos

Speaking of redesigned gamepads, I've always thought a smaller screened one would be a great compromise between dropping it to lower the price and keeping it to make devs use it. It could lower the costs while keeping full compatibility with the established library and everything in development.

Nope, the Wii U doesn't seem to have been released in Korea. Only the 3DS was released there, apparently.

Based on this, I would say it's a pre-existing system, modified to be allowed to be released in the Korean market, like how the iQue Player was a modified Nintendo 64 for the Chinese market.

If it's a handheld, I could see it being classified as a "compact video player" by a classification board that rarely reviews video game systems.

Oersted

Based on this, I would say it's a pre-existing system, modified to be allowed to be released in the Korean market, like how the iQue Player was a modified Nintendo 64 for the Chinese market.

If it's a handheld, I could see it being classified as a "compact video player" by a classification board that rarely reviews video game systems.

3DS, 2DS and Wii have been released in Korea. WiiU not.

Link1110

Omg!! Maybe they've partnered with oculus rift to make a new system!! Imagine what Nintendo could do with vr!! Maybe it can even be a handheld!!!

Vinc

Wii U Lite? The DS lite was pretty much the best thing that ever happened to the DS, so maybe this is happening. Include a wifi chip in the gamepad and its own little OS to allow for remote play from the web, make the system more attractive overall, announce a few great games, including Zelda, and relaunch the whole thing for 199.

Fedele

I really want to be wrong, but I think this won't be something huge... I'm kinda skeptical about Nintendo dropping the WiiU anytime soon.

Übermatik;108788028 said:
It's going to be a device that tells you if Nintendo are doomed or not, in real time.

*BEEPBEEP*YES*BEEPBEEP*

Leaked image of the device:

2421260-gj4tz.gif

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Wii U Lite? The DS lite was pretty much the best thing that ever happened to the DS, so maybe this is happening. Include a wifi chip in the gamepad and its own little OS to allow for remote play from the web, make the system more attractive overall, announce a few great games, including Zelda, and relaunch the whole thing for 199.
The gamepad has a wifi chip. It also has its own firmware. Remote play from the web would require adequate computational powers to run a web browser. In no way would that be a Wii U 'lite'.

Top Bottom