• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh | Last Chance Trail Reveal Trailer | PS4

Oresama

So hype for this!

I hope they fix death gifting before final release.

That's going to be abused so hard for easy loot drops.

ByWatterson

The Souls games have created an incredible new AA to AAA space, helped rejuvenate the single player experience and, when done well, can be among the most satisfying game experiences out there.

Looking forward to the demo and reviews.

I launched the beta and obviously didn't work but I've doubts because I have a PS4 Pro and it gives me three options instead of two: Movie, Action, and another movie with unlocked frame rate.

I thought that the three options were only for PS4 OG, I should pick action right? 1080P + 60fps on PS4 Pro... right?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I launched the beta and obviously didn't work but I've doubts because I have a PS4 Pro and it gives me three options instead of two: Movie, Action, and another movie with unlocked frame rate.

I thought that the three options were only for PS4 OG, I should pick action right? 1080P + 60fps on PS4 Pro... right?

Well thats up to you. There is also a 4K 30 fps option

Just a reminder guys, the last live stream would be on the 20th of JAN 22:00 JST.

I know we just had a blow out of info this whole week but you never know if they might have "one more thing" up their sleeves.

Kudo

Just a reminder guys, the last live stream would be on the 20th of JAN 22:00 JST.

I know we just had a blow out of info this whole week but you never know if they might have "one more thing" up their sleeves.

If you're watching some sort of live commentary would be appreciated once again, might not catch it myself.

Yeah, I don't think Pro features are implemented in this demo. I booted it up, obviously I have to wait until tomorrow 10pm PST to play it, but until then it let's you calibrate the options.

It only let me choose - action, movie, movie variable. Unless of course, if you are running it on Pro it automatically scales with it with no need for separate options. I.e, putting it on action while running on the Pro gives you 1080p/60fps. And putting it on movie gives you 4k at 30fps.

Kudo

Yeah, I don't think Pro features are implemented in this demo. I booted it up, obviously I have to wait until tomorrow 10pm PST to play it, but until then it let's you calibrate the options.

It only let me choose - action, movie, movie variable. Unless of course, if you are running it on Pro it automatically scales with it with no need for separate options. I.e, putting it on action while running on the Pro gives you 1080p/60fps. And putting it on movie gives you 4k at 30fps.

I doubt it has Pro enhancements, 4K with variable FPS seems unlikely, I bet the FPS won't be anything near 60 so they won't leave the unlocked option there.

Global Countdown

Dunno how to make that embedded tho and I'm to sleepy to look for it.

I gotchu, fam.

TIME UNTIL NIOH LAST CHANCE DEMO IS PLAYABLE

t1484971200z1.png

18hours?! But I want it now!!

Ayy, it's 4 AM here, I have class in 6 hours, Gravity Rush 2 comes in from Amazon tomorrow, but I can't fucking sleep because all I want to do is play Nioh, goddamnit.

I'm watching let's plays of the alpha and beta because watching people experience it for the first time is fun.

The demo is unlocked at 14:00 CET for me, that's in 3 hours, I guess the info when you launch the demo is wrong?.

Mine says 22:00 CST when I try to play it, so 23:00 EST (what I set the countdown timer to) is consistent with that.

I dunno why yours is different, but I hate you for being able to play in 3 hours :).

Hystzen

Is it the same beta demo from last time dont think i can go through the village again to the boat especially with full game around corner

I'll do whatever I can to unlock the third bonus ASAP. Once I have it, I'll stop playing because I want to experience the game fully at retail.

I hope some badass people will coop and help :p

In the full game though, I'll focus on doing the game solo. It's just that I don't like a timed event for a bonus.

Xypher

Mine says 22:00 CST when I try to play it, so 23:00 EST (what I set the countdown timer to) is consistent with that.

I dunno why yours is different, but I hate you for being able to play in 3 hours :).

It might have something to do with your region, I downloaded it off the German store, and last time I checked it also said 14:00 january 20th for me, but I also found the timeframe weird, as it said it would be available til january 23rd at 1am, I believe. Which is way longer than this "trial" is supposed to last after all, so I figured it might just be wrong information there.

Edit: to add onto that, that would make the european starting time the same as the time as the final livestream, which I doubt they would do, but we'll see in a bit more than two hours, I guess.

aravuus

So it won't be available on the EU store? Gotta make a US account when I get home then

e: nevermind, looks like it's there in the Finnish store too. Just assumed it was US exclusive cause nobody seemed to be talking about the EU stores lol.

schlynch

Really excited for this. But...

I just watched the recent 15 min gameplay on IGN and the animations are still choppy and these cheap particle effects all over the place... meh. Didn't saw much of the game after its initial reveal and thought they will work on these things until release.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When is this out in EU? I went to my JP store and found Nioh but it said it requires PS+?

Top Bottom