• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIOH releasing on February 9, 2017 Worldwide

Guess the question now is which games are getting dropped. For honour is completely dropped, horizon when I'm having a dry spell and nioh once I beat persona 5 and Nier automata. When did Febuary become so popular.

silva1991

February is the new [insert a 2016 month that was looking great before delays happened]

seriously tho I hope nothing gets delayed that month.

#1. FUUUUUCK YES! We finally got a release date!

#2. February is going to be insane.

I'm going to be picking up Nioh, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nier, and For Honor[/i].

Nioh - Feb 9th
For Honor - February 14th
Persona 5 - February 14th
Nier: Automata - February 23rd
Horizon: Zero Dawn - February 28th

Barring absolutely abysmal reviews for these, these 5 games are going to last me months.

Same. All these games and then a NX to buy in March? What a time to be alive.

spekkeh

Banned
I mean you think February is insane, and then it immediately gets followed up by Mass Effect Andromeda, Zelda Breath of the Wild and whatever else for the NX.

No trailer shown at the conference so that means that the "confidential Nioh video" that the September 17th stream is probably it.

chefbags

Wait a fucking minute here. Just hold on a moment.

You're telling me that...

-Nioh

-Persona 5

-Nier Automata

- For Honor

-Horizon Zero Dawn

...are all coming in February?

That's absolutely crazy.

This is the month where all my paychecks have been accumulating for. This is their reason to not be spent lol.

Espada

No trailer shown at the conference so that means that the "confidential Nioh video" that the September 17th stream is probably it.

Yup, it looks like they've got enough material to reveal things over the course of the show. I'm eager to see what that footage is, along with the other day where they reveal their development goals and other things.

Fake Edit: I can see Horizon being delayed to March or later. Sony has had a really hard time getting their developers to stick to a timetable this generation.

hichanbis

Banned
Nioh has top priority, then I will savour Persona 5 for months and probably buy the rest that review well when cheap on the PSN.

#1. FUUUUUCK YES! We finally got a release date!

#2. February is going to be insane.

I'm going to be picking up Nioh, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nier, and For Honor.

Nioh - Feb 9th
For Honor - February 14th
Persona 5 - February 14th
Nier: Automata - February 23rd
Horizon: Zero Dawn - February 28th

Barring absolutely abysmal reviews for these, these 5 games are going to last me months.

Seems like quite a bad idea to release Nioh and Nier in the same month. I mean, I know they're pretty different as these things go, but I imagine there will be a lot of crossover in these two audiences.

My interest levels are probably:

1) Horizon (actually coming out over here in March)
2) Nioh
3) Nier: Automata
4) Persona 5 (sorry everyone but I don't really care)
5) For Honor (need a lot of convincing with this one. I think it'll be really fun in the short term... longer term who knows?)

Ydelnae

What am I playing this Christmas now that everything got delayed? lol

I won't even be able to get this on release date now, because I will be focused on Persona 5. Did not expect the game to slip into 2017.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Horizon has priority over everything else.

That's the problem though and the reason I'm comfortable with them releasing HZD it in March. I think Sony should give NIER and NiOH room to breath. It also means they've got big titles for Feb and a system seller for March.

Fake Edit: I can see Horizon being delayed to March or later. Sony has had a really hard time getting their developers to stick to a timetable this generation.

Horizon was previously only listed as being 2017 title in Japan. So this is just a specific date rather than a delay.

Espada

Seems like quite a bad idea to release Nioh and Nier in the same month. I mean, I know they're pretty different as these things go, but [/b]I imagine there will be a lot of crossover in these two audiences.[/b]

I'm not really seeing the overlap, though. One is a very challenging (some would say excessively so) title with a feudal Japanese setting with bandits, ninja, Samurai, Hattori Hanzo, and creatures from Japanese mythology. The game is not open world. The game has been building a following with each demo released and the word of mouth that spread about the game.

The other is a Platinum-style title with double jumps, hovering, helper robot firing projectiles in a post-apocalyptic Earth with robots as both your characters and your opponents. This hews a lot closer to the Devil May Cry/Bayonetta style of gameplay than Nioh ever does. Nier: Automata is open world on top of this.

Both releases are distinct enough to avoid what you're suggesting, and even then they're separated by several weeks.

SolidSnakeex said:
Horizon was previously only listed as being 2017 title in Japan. So this is just a specific date rather than a delay.
Oh, I was referring to the U.S. release for Horizon. IIRC Shinobi062 was the one who spilled the beans that Horizon was being pushed into 2017 for N/A.

I'm not really seeing the overlap, though. One is a very challenging (some would say excessively so) title with a feudal Japanese setting with bandits, ninja, Samurai, Hattori Hanzo, and creatures from Japanese mythology. The game is not open world. The game has been building a following with each demo released and the word of mouth that spread about the game.

The other is a Platinum-style title with double jumps, hovering, helper robot firing projectiles in a post-apocalyptic Earth with robots as both your characters and your opponents. This hews a lot closer to the Devil May Cry/Bayonetta style of gameplay than Nioh ever does. Nier: Automata is open world on top of this.

Both releases are distinct enough to avoid what you're suggesting, and even then they're separated by several weeks.
Not to be rude but...you aren't very good at nioh, if you don't understand how close it is to a pure action game.
When the action genre is as starved as it is, nioh will have to do.

Frimaire

Wait, doesn't Yakuza 0 comer out in the west like late January, too?
God, there are even more games around that time than I thought...

IvorB

Oh man, Feb is a while away but I want them to take all the time they need to get this polished up and perfect. Looking at the replies it seems there's some other stuff coming out that month. I was thinking to pick up Horizon: Zero Dawn but now it looks like it will just have to wait.

DMONKUMA

So February and March is heavy-hitting. Wonderful.

Personally looking forward to....
-Nioh
-Nier
-For Honor
-Horizon
-Maybe Zelda (depends if NX is something I want)

How am I suppose to schedule Nioh, For Honor and Persona 5 0_o ?!

Persona 5 is one thing but both Nioh and For Honor requires mastery over complex mechanics

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
February another one of those ridiculous "no YOU move" months. There's an entire rest of the year, but everyone wants to slap it in for that fiscal one and the result is someone bombs.

ps3ud0

Im more annoyed than I should be about this - making me choose about a few games Ive been waiting for is harsh :(

Fuck Feb

ps3ud0 8)

Madchad

Sadly as much as i want all those games that are going to hit in feb i cant justify dumping close to £400+ on them when they will only sit about for ages. Going to have to pick 1 or 2 and leave the rest for later in the year :/

Seems like quite a bad idea to release Nioh and Nier in the same month. I mean, I know they're pretty different as these things go, but I imagine there will be a lot of crossover in these two audiences.

My interest levels are probably:

1) Horizon (actually coming out over here in March)
2) Nioh
3) Nier: Automata
4) Persona 5 (sorry everyone but I don't really care)
5) For Honor (need a lot of convincing with this one. I think it'll be really fun in the short term... longer term who knows?)

I'd say FH is arguably the most interesting of those mechanically, especially in MP. They could have something special on their hands.

Nioh is a must for me after the Alpha and Beta.

Nier Automata seems a pretty safe bet as well, as does Persona.

Most wary about Horizon. Love the concept, but there might be too much FC in it for my liking.

Top Bottom