• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIOH releasing on February 9, 2017 Worldwide

IvorB

Sadly as much as i want all those games that are going to hit in feb i cant justify dumping close to £400+ on them when they will only sit about for ages. Going to have to pick 1 or 2 and leave the rest for later in the year :/

Honestly I can never see the point of buying a game that I can't play immediately. They get so much cheaper in such a short space of time. Maybe some people can play multiple new game simultaneously but I tend to focus on one game at a time. Otherwise I begin to think that game isn't holding my attention well enough.

I was mildly interested in the game due my friend hyping it for me, but I'm sure it'll sit on the back burner a bit because I'll end getting and playing Halo Wars 2 probably for quite some time(unless it disappoints)

UCBooties

Oh, fuck off, game industry. Is this even financially sound? Are all of these games expect to have completely isolated audiences or do they not give a shit about having to compete so much? Did the entire industry accepted some sort of dare? What the actual fuck, give February a fucking break!

Same thing happened with delays dumping a bunch of games into November. At least look at a fucking release calendar guys.

Lingitiz

Never thought I'd say this, but I hope Horizon gets delayed out of the Feb window. There's 5 or so huge games all out in the same month.

I knew this game wasn't making it to 2016. And now this means I'll have to pick and choose what I get in February. Too many games and something will have to wait.

IvorB

Weirdly this thread got me thinking about how great it would be to have Nioh with Horizon: Zero Dawn graphics.

I was going to get it day one, honest, but being so close to persona eliminated that possibility. See, the thing about Nioh, more than any other game in Feb, is that it is a game that demands investment and mastery over it. It practically demands your full attention instead of splitting it between 3 games, as I can do with the others. And I ain't mastering shit in the 5 days between that and persona.

At least, that's the reason I gave to my friend as we contemplated what we inevitably had to drop off to make Feb manageable. Really though, for me, it's simple; there is Persona, and then there is everything else.

Lord Phol

Nooo that feels so far away D:. This is probably my most wanted game atm (I even filled in two forms of serious feedback which I rarely do). Oh well it's going to be worth the wait, and as long as they feel confident in the product they release they can take the time they want polishing it.

For Honor is the real problem- Persona 5 is a turn based JRPG so playing it along side Nioh is fine but For Honor is an execution heavy game with a completely different combat system.

Kinsei

Banned
I dont get why all of these feburary dates are announced when god knows most of them wont stick to it

I imagine Nioh and Persona will definitely stick since the former has had two public demos already and the latter is a localization of a game releasing this month in Japan. I think horizon also has a good chance of sticking since it was already delayed.

I imagine Nioh and Persona will definitely stick since the former has had two public demos already and the latter is a localization of a game releasing this month in Japan. I think horizon also has a good chance of sticking since it was already delayed.

I think Horizon is the biggest 'risk'; open world action RPG have tons of moving parts making it very easy for something to go wrong. Especially an open world game this pretty.

I think Nioh is relatively safe from delays in that aspect.

Espada

Not to be rude but...you aren't very good at nioh, if you don't understand how close it is to a pure action game.
When the action genre is as starved as it is, nioh will have to do.

Considering I killed the bosses in both demos in under 3 tries each and got my Tachibana runs down to ~30 seconds, I'm plenty good at Nioh. There's a pretty big difference between the highest levels of Nioh play (see XLH Gladiator videos) and DMC/Bayonetta level things (Donguri). Especially after the removal of the low stance Ki Pulse dodge, and the more cumbersome weapon switching added in the beta demo.

Both games are different enough that they're unlikely to cannibalize each other's sales.

Considering I killed the bosses in both demos in under
3 tries each and got my Tachibana runs down to ~30 seconds, I'm plenty good at Nioh.

By good at the game, i meant really understanding the combat system to a high level of play.

You could argue here, i'm plenty good at the game, "its an impressive feat" .
https://youtu.be/kIapQcKRnts

But when i come back here after spending sometime upgrading skills and understanding how you should be using them....well its fancy,quicker and more fun!
https://youtu.be/rE6LAWB6ZUM

There's a pretty big difference between the highest levels of Nioh play (see XLH Gladiator videos) and DMC/Bayonetta level things (Donguri).
Especially after the removal of the low stance Ki Pulse dodge, and the more cumbersome weapon switching added in the beta demo.

Both games are different enough that they're unlikely to cannibalize each other's sales.

Of course theres a big difference, but nioh is not some slow game.
Whilst a game like bayo has aerial combat, nioh keeps you on the ground, but basically has a replacement for aerial combat, the ki system.
Its also got animation cancelling, weapon swapping, stance switching , tons of different combos, etc.
I dont understand how you can possibly think there wont be overlap between nier and nioh, they are unlikely to cannibalize each others sales, purely because we never get any bloody action games.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I see they're trying to murder and mutilate my wallet this February.
Can't wait to play this baby on the Pro.

Deku Tree

I feel like an early Feb release date means the game is finished and they are delaying it for marketing or sales reasons. But a late March release date means they are rushing to finish the game before the FY is over for bottom line reasons. So I guess NIOH is just being polished.

MMaRsu

Banned
From what I saw of For Honor I dont have much interest in it, so Ill gladly pick this up instead.

Also dont care about Nier or Persona ( no japanese va for an anime game like persona? no thx then )

I feel like an early Feb release date means the game is finished and they are delaying it for marketing or sales reasons. But a late March release date means they are rushing to finish the game before the FY is over for bottom line reasons. So I guess NIOH is just being polished.

It's probably to incorporate beta feedback.

Nerokis

Atleast they pushed it out far enough. Don't think it will get delayed again.

We'll see. As much as I loved the beta, I got the sense it needed a good amount of work, and who knows whether 5 months will be enough. Looking forward to February 9th, but I'm not going to be surprised to see another delay.

Just a heads up guys, there would be a stream today for Nioh from Koei Tecmo in a little under 5 hours from this post.

Taken from Gematsu said:
13:00 to 13:40 – Koei Tecmo Line-up Stage – Featuring Kou Shibusawa (general producer), Kazuhiro Fushige (Kou Shibusawa brand general producer), Kenichi Ogasawara (Omega Force brand), Yosuke Hayashi (Team Ninja brand), Hishashi Koinuma (Gust brand), and Mei Erikawa (Ruby Party brand). An introduction to Koei Tecmo’s abundance of Tokyo Game Show 2016 titles by representatives of each brand. Kou Shibusawa may also make a new announcement!

14:15 to 15:00 – Nioh Introduction Stage – Featuring Kou Shibusawa (general producer), Hisashi Koinuma (producer), Yosuke Hayashi (director), and Fumiko Yasuda (director). A Tokyo Game Show 2016 stage for Nioh one year after its reveal. A thorough introduction to the highlights of Nioh.

Top Bottom