• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS president talks Disgaea 5; Yomawari sales; new IP development

I really want to check out Yomawari. Hope they bring it over. Hotaru no Nikki was a great little game too. NIS has been doing quite OK stepping outside of their usual screwball RPG comfort zone.

Yeah. I think I do remember a post about how while the Vita might not be popular, the owners of it tend to buy a good amount of games.
You tell me..
My vita game library is alive and kicking ;)
Now based nis gift me the final gift..
Makai kingdom zetta game west on vita..
Soul eater west on vita..
Let me believe!

Endesu

Yomawari is a sure thing. Still hanging on and hoping for some kind of word about Hayarigami. I'll take any scraps I can get for that one.

I think porting Disgaea to PC is going to prove a very good investment. With the engine working well there it should be really easy to bring the rest of the services over. For now the Steam audience remains enamour of seeing the Japanese titles finally available and for NIS it should prove a nice windfall of revenue.

manfestival

whats better is that im currently playing through disgaea 5 and its as much of a great game as any of its predecessors with a ton more content.

So much for the Disgaea 5 bombed WW rhetoric.

Had it stayed in Japan it most definitely would have. Some people on Gaf just assume that because Gaf threads for niche titles aren't very active, that the game itself wasn't very successful. Very few niche titles have legs on their OTs, Gaf does not have a huge amount of niche fans. The better place to read into how well a niche game is doing would be something like Gamefaqs (even with how toxic it usually is), where Disgaea 5 has a very active "community" still.

I think porting Disgaea to PC is going to prove a very good investment. With the engine working well there it should be really easy to bring the rest of the services over. For now the Steam audience remains enamour of seeing the Japanese titles finally available and for NIS it should prove a nice windfall of revenue.

I don't think it'll help as much as you think. Disgaea 2 DHD will be very simple since it runs on pretty much the same engine with some minor tweaking.

There's reasonably large divergences in engines no matter where else you go from there (La Pucelle's skill system is completely different (and I'm not even sure if NISA has the rights to that, due to the whole Mastiff thing, Phantom Brave and Makai Kindgom use free movement and very different lift and weapon mechanics, Disgaea 3 basically gutted the mechanics and rebuilt them, though D4 is very similar to 3, Disgaea D2 is in between the 1/2 & 3/4 system, and Disgaea 5 is different again).

Top Bottom