• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Has Some Kind of Cryptic ARG Happening Right Now

Handy Fake

What part of the world do you live in?

Sunday is the start of a new week in Canada.

I believe the UK starts with Monday on their calendar.

Monday is indeed the start of the new week in the UK. That's why we hate it.

We also hate it because it brought Bob Geldof to prominence and there's not enough tea over here to apologise for that.

First work day is Monday in Canada but the start of the week is considered Sunday.

You go to a place like Israel and the first day of the work week is Sunday and the last day is Thursday. Friday and Saturday are the weekend.

Sean is from UK so the end of this week would be Sunday.

kami_sama

First work day is Monday in Canada but the start of the week is considered Sunday.

You go to a place like Israel and the first day of the work week is Sunday and the last day is Thursday. Friday and Saturday are the weekend.

Well, that due to the Sabbath. Still, it seems that the Sunday as the start of the week thing was due to the Romans, not the Jews.

Well, that due to the Sabbath. Still, it seems that the Sunday as the start of the week thing was due to the Romans, not the Jews.

I always assumed that a Saturday/Sunday weekend was to accommodate Jews and Christians. I have never really looked into it to be honest.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Has there been any indication that the patch is coming this week at all? Seems like people are getting themselves pretty hyped up but there's not really been anything solid said about what's coming other than it'll have portals. Is that enough of an addition after that ARG? I appreciate the last updates brought a bunch of stuff, but surely if something big was coming they'd have teased that rather than portals.

23qwerty

Has there been any indication that the patch is coming this week at all? Seems like people are getting themselves pretty hyped up but there's not really been anything solid said about what's coming other than it'll have portals. Is that enough of an addition after that ARG? I appreciate the last updates brought a bunch of stuff, but surely if something big was coming they'd have teased that rather than portals.
the memo specifically says it will release this week

jond76

Banned

Yep. In the other thread the email HG put out says the update is coming "this week".

jambo

Learn to read, dog.

JP

When you open a suspicious looking envelope and it takes you just a minute to work out what the hell it is that you've just uncovered.

IMG_0156.png

Last edited:

Mathrin

Its admirable they're still supporting it, but given the initial bad press and all the time since...surely the playerbase must be relatively small?

Mathrin

Yes. And? Not every game needs to be PUBG.

Calm yourself - I never said it was.

The cost of the game at retail at the moment against the dev cost of continued development of new features/ARG elements can’t give much margin for making money if at all. Especially given the number of people who already purchased the game and gave up.

That’s all I meant.

Grinchy

Banned
If real multiplayer is introduced, I'll be back. I played a ton of the game when I got it in the summer last year. I have a massive farm that churns out a ton of money and I can input portal coordinates, so I'm ready to meet up with a buddy as soon as real MP happens (if it happens).

JP

Blam Blam
Oh yeah, of course. What I mean is that it doesn't say what the numbers are actually for. I suppose with these going out now it could take a bit of time before they've all been dispatched.

I'll just do what I've done all along and wait for somebody else to work out what's we're supposed to do with the numbers.

Top Bottom