• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 8th

Loudninja

Doesn't seem like we will be getting any official PR about this Black Friday any time soon. I wonder if that means things are substantially down from last year. That would be especially surprising in the case of PS4 since it received a substantial price drop compared to last year's and it's sales last year weren't particularly impressive. It's also hard to believe that WiiU would be down given all the evidence we have to the contrary. Was really expecting to hear something from someone by now.
Like I said BF is not just a day no more its pointless.

Doesn't seem like we will be getting any official PR about this Black Friday any time soon. I wonder if that means things are substantially down from last year. That would be especially surprising in the case of PS4 since it received a substantial price drop compared to last year's and it's sales last year weren't particularly impressive. It's also hard to believe that WiiU would be down given all the evidence we have to the contrary. Was really expecting to hear something from someone by now.

I'd imagine that at this point if Sony's numbers are positive then they may just be waiting until PSX to brag since it's pretty close. It'll be interesting if things were down for either camp this year given the deals though, $300 is the sweet spot for a hefty swath of people.

Like I said BF is not just a day no more its pointless.

Oh, I think if there was a clear winner we'd seen some proper PR talk.

But. Numbers are so close that announcing oneself the winner is a very dangerous game. Even too dangerous for Yusuf Mehdi, and that says a lot.

RexNovis

Banned
I'd imagine that at this point if Sony's numbers are positive then they may just be waiting until PSX to brag since it's pretty close. It'll be interesting if things were down for either camp this year given the deals though, $300 is the sweet spot for a hefty swath of people.

For XB1 being down would at least make some sense. The deals this time out them at price parity outside of a few select retailers. That's a huge difference from a $70 price advantage with extensive bundle deals. I'td be fantastic for them if they weren't down this year as their sales last year were pretty much incredible especially given their performance throughout the rest of the year.

Oh, I think if there was a clear winner we'd seen some proper PR talk.

But. Numbers are so close that announcing oneself the winner is a very dangerous game. Even too dangerous for Yusuf Mehdi, and that says a lot.

That's certainly possible as well. But at the very least you would think we'd get some braggadocios software sales figures or something.

If you still need a christmas present, I fortunately have a product for you.
mau-mau-606264441_00.jpeg

RexNovis

Banned
If you still need a christmas present, I fortunately have a product for you.
mau-mau-606264441_00.jpeg

+1 internets to you
Cheers for the chuckle.

That actually hadn't occurred to me for whatever reason but I could certainly see that as a possibility as well.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I doubt Sony Will talk about Black Friday sales At the PS Experience.
I just don't see why.

In my opinion, the nexts important annunce Will be the WW sales by end of year.

I think we should just wait For the NPD now.

DieH@rd

Banned
I doubt Sony Will talk about Black Friday sales At the PS Experience.
I just don't see why.

In my opinion, the nexts important annunce Will be the WW sales by end of year.

I think we should just wait For the NPD now.

Either that, or surprise pre-NY announcement that they have reached 35M shipment/soldthrough sales.

Kyougar

Let's see a possible scenario...

XB1 this November: 900,000 ( i personally predict 1.02m )

Wii U this november: 400,000 ( i personally predict 325k)

Now, last year, Wii U got a 140% boost November to December, ( 242,000 -----> 580,000 ), and XB1 only 5% boost ( 1,230,000 -------> 1,290,000 ).

IF we will see those sales in November, and we will see the same boost of last year, then the December result will become:

Wii U: 400,000 + 140% = 960,000
XB1: 900,000 + 5% = 945,000

Ok, not gonna happen, but lmao if will. :p

Do you work at Ars Technica? ;)

I asume Sony has other (bigger) targets and milestones than "just" winning a very important, yet single weekend of a whole year.

That's why I said it will be mentioned only briefly. Nevertheless it's still black friday, the most important day of the year sales-wise - and it just happened.

Of course they have other targets, but I just cannot imagine they let this chance for a little punch pass. In the end, as we still don't know who actually won, it might simply not happen because there was no win for Sony.

Kyougar

because you guys like numbers for NPD:

Steamspy Owners change for November (US only)

CVPvqyIW4AIVeMf.png:large

btw 9 out of 10 of my friends bought Fallout 4(PC) on Retail, so Fallout 4 PC should really be 8 Million Plus!

Ryng_tolu

Banned
It was an example how they could announce November Sales at PSX. No hard fact.

I was "whutting" the 2.2 million in November.
I mean... That's super low.

If PS4 Will sell only 1 million in Nov NPD, which is almost a given in My opinion, this mean the US sales are over 45%.

We shoul Know that's impossible.

PS4 sales should be ~3 million or more in November most likely.

btw 9 out of 10 of my friends bought Fallout 4(PC) on Retail, so Fallout 4 PC should really be 8 Million Plus!
I give this pun a 9/10

Also: Undertale. Incredible. Would love to know the production cost...
Sony and MS are camping in front of the developer's home I guess.

Kyougar

I was "whutting" the 2.2 million in November.
I mean... That's super low.

If PS4 Will sell only 1 million in Nov NPD, which is almost a given in My opinion, this mean the US sales are over 45%.

We shoul Know that's impossible.

PS4 sales should be ~3 million or more in November most likely.

Probably 3 Million, yes. Someone had a list of the US sell through share versus world wide in the last thread. It was going down from 40 something percent to 32 or 33% in the last two Years IIRC.

RexNovis

Banned
Probably 3 Million, yes. Someone had a list of the US sell through share versus world wide in the last thread. It was going down from 40 something percent to 32 or 33% in the last two Years IIRC.

That's still pretty low if US is ~30% of sales. I'd imagine it'll be somewhere north of 4 million.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Someone had a list of the US sell through share versus world wide in the last thread.

He was me lol. :p

That's still pretty low if US is ~30% of sales. I'd imagine it'll be somewhere north of 4 million.

Don't forget November is a bigger month in the US than in the other countries thanks Black Friday.
So, the US sales this time should be bigger.
Not 45-50%, but more than the actually 32-33%.

I say some Like in the range 3-3.5 million.
4 million could be literally insane.

RexNovis

Banned
He was me lol. :p

Don't forget November is a bigger month in the US than in the other countries thanks Black Friday.
So, the US sales this time should be bigger.
Not 45-50%, but more than the actually 32-33%.

I say some Like in the range 3-3.5 million.
4 million could be literally insane.

I thought Black Friday and holiday shopping were getting bigger in the EU and UK. But I could see that. I think 35-40% sounds about right in which case it would be somewhere between 3.5-3.9 million by my estimations. So yea 4 million was perhaps a bit too optimistic.

small44

That's why I said it will be mentioned only briefly. Nevertheless it's still black friday, the most important day of the year sales-wise - and it just happened.

Of course they have other targets, but I just cannot imagine they let this chance for a little punch pass. In the end, as we still don't know who actually won, it might simply not happen because there was no win for Sony.

I don't understand,Microsoft didn't say they win too so the probability that ps4 win or xbone win is the same.

Javin98

Banned
News from little America:
Wow, that is pretty close in the UK. Since we established that UK is basically mini US, I'm guessing the PS4 outsold the XB1 in the US by a slight margin as well.

"November 2015 was the biggest month in PS4 history - selling more than 2,2 million consoles world wide".
This was already mentioned by other posters, but 2.2 million world wide in November would be horrible for the PS4. The least I think the PS4 sold in November is 3.2 million.

RexNovis

Banned
News from little America:

For some context last year's black Friday weekly sales for the UK were 240k for both consoles. So this is a 14% increase from last year. US sales for both consoles were ~2.1 million for November NPD last year.

It's important to note that the UK measurement is specifically for the week of Black Friday whereas as the NPD figure is for the entire month of November so it's not likely to be directly comparable but it does give us a rough point of comparison on what sort of results to expect for Black Friday.

Wow, that is pretty close in the UK. Since we established that UK is basically mini US, I'm guessing the PS4 outsold the XB1 in the US by a slight margin as well.

For Black Friday this might be the case but for the month in total not just the week of BF the difference is likely to be larger in favor of Sony thanks to the release of two highly anticipated/preordered bundles.

Activated in time for November NPD. Aww yisss.

Long time NDP lurker, first time poster.

Amateurish poke(s) in the dark:

[PS4] 1476K
[XB1] 1112K
[WIU] 447K

Well PS4 won last year in UK but Xbox One still won by a large margin, so I wouldn't use that as some kind of link. Also, if I hear correctly they were closer this year than last. I think the fact Xbox One was close when the majority of sales are non-preorders for that time in NOV may give it a higher chance.

One thing though for December, it seems the PS4 will stay at $299 for a bit and no news for Xbox, at the same time, seems that Xbox One is having deals all week at local retailers that make it that or less on paper so I guess we will see for December

This was already mentioned by other posters, but 2.2 million world wide in November would be horrible for the PS4. The least I think the PS4 sold in November is 3.2 million.

Uh did you forget last year when the PS4 steamrolled the Xbox One in UK but the XBox One steamrolled the PS4 in America?

Top Bottom