• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2013 [Up2: Tons of Nintendo Software]

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
<5k sales is just not making money back point. Abandon ship.

Cream always keeps me up for the WiiU hardware. He knows how to fish.

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of how Red Steel sold due to motion controls. Was the gamepad a selling point for the WiiU? Did people buy the WiiU for the gamepad? Are people craving nifty gamepad features such that they may buy a game that they wouldn't otherwise have gotten because of those features (more specifically, would Nintendo gamers be willing to buy a core title due to it having nifty gamepad features). Would it be worth the effort for third parties to port and spend more money on adding gamepad features for their WiiU titles? But ZombiU answered most of those questions already :-( (Personally, I'd have gotten Splinter Cell if it were Mission Impossible or James Bond...oh come on, I didn't get it on the Xbox 360 too, so I'm absolved of any guilt towards the game's performance >_<)

I see what you mean now, but let's not get too crazy here. ZombiU had an interesting concept but also too many flaws even before release and in the previews.

I'm also guilty of Splince Cell's performance, but that has more to do with how I'm allocating more time and money towards my 3DS and Vita.

weevles

SC < 300k
360 ~ 70%, WiiU ~ 1.6%

Damn that's so sad it almost makes me want to buy a copy of the Wii U version.

But it still wouldn't change a damn thing.

On the bright side, it looks I can get a cheap copy of the SC RC plane edition for cheap on PS3 soon... :p

Relax, I think you're speaking to one that probably buy most, if not all, of Wii U first party games.

You're correct. I can't remember the last time I bought a Nintendo game used...I buy pretty much their entire 1st-party lineup as it gets released. :)

StevieP

Banned
SC < 300k
360 ~ 70%, WiiU ~ 1.6%

<5k copies sold on Wii U.
Approx 85k sold on PS3.
Approx 210k sold on 360.

Sold to 0.0027% of the total 360 userbase.
Sold to 0.0014% of the total Wii U userbase.
Sold to 0.0011% of the total PS3 userbase.

Edit: Total userbases of consoles calculated with worldwide figures. If someone has the US figures, they could do a better (more accurate) comparison

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Disney < 300k
Wii ~ 25.2%, Wii U ~ 16.3%

Wow--better than I thought it would be, I guess.

Nintendo really did a horrible job getting people to move on to Wii U from the Wii.

Capcom in 2013

Only first month sales:

[PS3 - 360] DMC: Devil May Cry - 187,000
[3DS - WIU] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - between 100,000 and 130,000
[PS3 - 360] Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - below 58,000
[PS3 - 360 - WIU] Resident Evil: Revelations - 60,000
[PS3 - 360] Remember Me - 41,000
[PS3 - 360] Lost Planet 3 - 10,000

tumblr_m0hs5ugb7m1qaqou6o1_400.jpg

Top Bottom