• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2013 [Up2: Xbox One/360 HW, 3DS top system of year]

Don't forget all the DLC too lol.

yeah, I bought every single one and I'm sure many others did too
that's like $50 in almost pure profit per person :lol

edit: assuming bundles and getting the first map free, total cost for all DLC is $48.50 for NA, €45.42/£40.72 in Europe, and 7250 yen in Japan
DAMN

Somnid

So my biggest surprise is that Monster Hunter is becoming a thing in the West. Bodes really well for MH4. Just bug Nintendo to foot the bill for a Wii U port. I'm sure they'll be happy to.

Lego City also not bad. But damn W101 got destroyed, that one hurts.

FE ~ 370k
Sly PSV ~ 67k
EO4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Dark moon ~ 1M+
MH3U ~ 224k
SS ~ 72K
LEGO 3DS ~ 365k
DS:SH ~ 36k
DKCR ~ 386k
ACNL ~ 910k
X zone ~ 87k
SMT4 ~ 96k
M&L ~ 472k
KZ:M ~ 102k
RF4 ~ 47k
Rayman PSV ~ 20k
Sonic 3DS ~ 97k
Party ~ 252k

All above LTDs didn't count bundle, but count special ed.
So what are we missing? Etrian Odyssey Untold, A Link between Worlds, SM3D World and Wii Party U. Anything else?

Mario Party sold over 250K? THAT GAME HAD NO HYPE AND RELEASED ON THE SAME DAY AS 3D WORLD, ZELDA, AND XBOX ONE.

WHO BOUGHT THIS GAME? My mind has actually been blown. Totally thought it just bombed.
Mario Party sells. It gets passed over on the internet because the internet demographic doesn't really match up with the Mario Party demographic, but it sells.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Those W101 numbers are a fucking travesty. How the hell did Lego sell so much? More than Pikmin, even? Jesus.

Wasn't Lego the only thing to come out in months? Dat thirst.

Might have been around the time Ubi did the Legends delay. I'm not surprised to see it still sell the most on Wii U considering that, but maaaan they botched the handling of that.

DaBoss

I wonder how Monster Hunter did digitally. It is a game that benefits from you having it with you at all times, and then there were the 50% off sales. I hope it can eek out some more sales. It really does bode well though.

donny2112

he tweeted me back.

@aarongreenberg so 3rd party games sold more on #PS4 ?

Aaron Greenberg ‏@aarongreenberg

@11000Wattz 3rd party did yes, but less overall and less for 1st/2nd party which are the exclusives. Also SW attach rate was higher on XB1

Hey, guys, remember when Nintendo did this last gen with Wii, and Microsoft said "uh-unh! Third-party sales are where it's at!"

Yep, those were good times...

Wow at the just dance numbers on the xbone. I thought it would fare better.

I'd like to know the numbers for COD on the 360 and Just Dance on the Wii U, please.

Sandfox

How do the Mario Party games on the portables do, anyway? (I've always thought that franchise was kind of pointless on a portable system..but what do I know x.x)

I think someone posted way at the beginning of this thread that, combined, X/Y was 3.7m (not sure if that's worldwide or not...probably WW numbers)

Mario Party DS sold about 8.21 million WW as of March 2011.

StevieP

Banned
Do you guys think the delay and porting costs for 360/PS3 were worth it?

I'm not sure how many sales they lost via delay vs how many they gained by porting, and how much the ports raised the budget.

It's a niche game on a poorly selling console.

When people buy Nintendo systems, they look for the boxes with Mario on them.

In retrospect the ray man delay and extra porting may have cost them more than they gained

B.O.O.M

FE ~ 370k
Sly PSV ~ 67k
EO4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Dark moon ~ 1M+
MH3U ~ 224k
SS ~ 72K
LEGO 3DS ~ 365k
DKCR ~ 386k
ACNL ~ 910k
X zone ~ 87k
SMT4 ~ 96k
M&L ~ 472k
RF4 ~ 47k
Rayman PSV ~ 20k
Sonic 3DS ~ 97k
Party ~ 252k

All things considered not bad for some of these vita titles..KZ M over 100k? Well deserved. It deserves more really

Effect

Oh my god, SMT IV almost at 100k.

LOOKS LIKE THE QUEST IS GOING WELL.

Was wondering if this SMT4 number was good. Really enjoyed that game along with Soul Hackers. So if SMT5 or any other one came out I'm onboard day one.

Any Lego City Undercover numbers?

GavinGT

Banned
this combined with the PS4 LTD #s seems to suggest that the 3rd Party games that sold better on PS4 sold better by a much larger margin than vice versa

Clearly third party games are going to sell better on PS4 when about a million more Xbox One first party games were sold.

Sakura

FE ~ 370k
Sly PSV ~ 67k
EO4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Dark moon ~ 1M+
MH3U ~ 224k
SS ~ 72K
LEGO 3DS ~ 365k
DKCR ~ 386k
ACNL ~ 910k
X zone ~ 87k
SMT4 ~ 96k
M&L ~ 472k
RF4 ~ 47k
Rayman PSV ~ 20k
Sonic 3DS ~ 97k
Party ~ 252k

MH3U did pretty good. Considering they don't really have to pay to dub the game or anything, it's probably quite profitable for them. I imagine MH4 will be out here soon too. Also surprised at X Zone. Figured it would sell closer to EO4 numbers.

Top Bottom