• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2013 [Up2: Xbox One/360 HW, 3DS top system of year]

101 ~ 49k

ibfP5VO6JDHGko.gif

My God have mercy on all you fucks with a Wii-U who didn't buy this

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So how much would the wii u need to sell per month to reach their original estimates? Cuz goddamn, holiday's over.

FE ~ 370k
Sly PSV ~ 67k
EO4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Dark moon ~ 1M+
MH3U ~ 224k
SS ~ 72K
LEGO 3DS ~ 365k
DS:SH ~ 36k
DKCR ~ 386k
ACNL ~ 910k
X zone ~ 87k
SMT4 ~ 96k
M&L ~ 472k
KZ:M ~ 102k
RF4 ~ 47k
Rayman PSV ~ 20k
Sonic 3DS ~ 97k
Party ~ 252k

All above LTDs didn't count bundle, but count special ed.

Seems pretty good for niche titles like FE and MH3, no? Hoping MH4 will make it over now.
Do you guys think the delay and porting costs for 360/PS3 were worth it?

I'm not sure how many sales they lost via delay vs how many they gained by porting, and how much the ports raised the budget.

I think they would have gained these additional 50k or something when the WiiU still had minor steam after the launch, while the other versions could have still come without a WiiU delay.
But the game now had much more content thanks to it, so whatever.

Drago

When you buy a new game from GameStop but it's really just a used game labelled as new, does that count towards NPD? Cause that's how I received my copy of W101 :V

Sandfox

Also, for some context on those Atlus games, these are the numbers they were posting on DS (creamsugar posted these back in July)...
tc:uk ~ 233k
tc:utk2 ~ 88k
smt:ds ~ 61k
eo ~ 35k
eo2 ~ 34k
smt:ds2 ~ 33k
smt:sj ~ 28k
eo3 ~ 22k

And at $40, Atlus has to be very happy.

This is good news for EO4 and SMT4.

I think one could argue that the Xbox 360 has a more accessible and appealing end-of-life library compared to the PS3, especially considering the Kinect aspect of it.

A more cynical person could phrase my argument as "cheap games, and more mainstream Kinect shovelware for dumb kids and their dumb parents", haha

I think its only home consoles in the graph not handhelds.

Ah ok well we need to know PS4 numbers still!

I think one could argue that the Xbox 360 has a more accessible and appealing end-of-life library compared to the PS3, especially considering the Kinect aspect of it.

A more cynical person could phrase my argument as "cheap games, and more mainstream Kinect shovelware for dumb kids and their dumb parents", haha

lol just describe it as a better casual appeal, especially with minecraft exclusively for so long

So if you include the Fire Emblem hardware bundle + digital sales the game has to be over 500k right? Possibly closer to 600k?

If I remember correctly, there were only around 22-26K bundles available/sold for all of NA region. Maybe someone has the accurate numbers?

Side note: very happy I was one of those, so pretty ^_^

ascii42

When you buy a new game from GameStop but it's really just a used game labelled as new, does that count towards NPD? Cause that's how I received my copy of W101 :V
They are labeled as new because they haven't been sold yet. When you buy the copy is when the sale gets counted. Not really different than buying a new car that had a handful of miles on it from other people test driving it.

nib95

Banned
Overall pretty predictable results. Xbox One doing really well, especially for such an expensive console. That said, PS4 has been massively supply constrained whilst there seems to have been more supply than demand with the Xbox One.

Great software numbers for both next gen consoles, especially Microsoft first party. Pretty poor numbers for Sony first party. Knack flopped. Reviews killed it. Killzone, less than expected, reviews probably hampered it. GT6….wow….should have stuck to next gen. Last of Us, amazing numbers. Wii U….poor…Vita….poor.

Be interesting to see what sales numbers are like once the PS4 is in healthy supply. I know several insiders predicted these results based on the supply and demand discrepancy. But to be fair, I expected a bigger difference. Evidently Sony did still manage to get quite a few PS4's back in stock, just selling out lightning quick which made it seem otherwise.

Arent there some people who buy it for just mine craft.

Kysen

Seems like the PS3 is a complete and utter failure in the US. With sales that poor in one of the most busy periods in the year. GT6 on PS3 bombing should be the long overdue kick in the ass polyphony needs.

nib95

Banned
i think purple and red are the other way around, purple looks bigger to me.

But I think it means PS4 and XB1 Dec sales are very close.

Yeap, you could be right. But yes, seems to be very close indeed. Would also confirm that there really is a lot more demand for the PS4 comparative to the Xbox One.

Lumyst

He already said these don't count because they're only like 8 games....or something.

There's more than 8, I got both Sin and Punishment 2 and Kirby's Epic Yarn together for less than a single one of those labeled "Nintendo Selects" last year.

Those Wii U numbers were achieved with significant investment in advertising and promotion. Ouch.

Yes, to me the most troubling thing was the failure of Wii Party U to entice the casual gamers with the gamepad, the whole "family fun together" strategy Iwata mentioned.

Drago

They are labeled as new because they haven't been sold yet. When you buy the copy is when the sale gets counted. Not really different than buying a new car that had a handful of miles on it from other people test driving it.
The copy was basically new (unused CN code and all) so I know why they sold it as such. Not cool that they took the shrink wrap off for me though!

Top Bottom