• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2016

KingWool

Banned
OOT3D making the top 25 list for NPD (individual SKUs, I imagine?) is a pretty neat trick. It's never too late to start up a greatest hits line.

The *major* leak hinted at another round of Greatest Hits coming this fall. Curious to know if this title will be on there. Is OOT the best selling Zelda game with this re-release?

Bethesda now needs to let id revive Quake, give me the gothic atmosphere of Quake 1 pls none of that sci-fi bullshit.

They need to make it a rpg first, then scrap that idea and use the assets to make a fps.
Just like they did the first time!

firelogic

I think God of War 4 will still be big in the US, but it'll need an aggressive marketing push just to make sure it sells well, for good measure.

The change in scenery with a new origin story for Kratos will push the game easily. It won't be God of War 4 as it doesn't make any sense for Kratos to be in a completely different myth continuing from I-III. Expect a similarly designed Kratos with clear differences and the same name but a different origin.

Kusagari

I think there's a very good chance Gears outsells Halo 5 in America.

But it's not making a difference at all in the grand scheme of things.

No wonder MS lowered the price, ~102k sales are terrible.

UC4 on top was expected, but goddamn at Doom being #2. Hope the sequel doesn't take another 10+ years to come out.

Welfare

I mean, we basically sorta know the Xbox One is ~100k-110k, so I can just say that when just looking at both the Xbox and 360, this is the lowest May between all 3 before a successor launched.

What I mean is that

Lowest May sales for Xbox before the 360 launched: May 2003 - 124k

Lowest May sales for Xbox 360 before the XB1 launched: May 2013 - 114k

I wonder if the XB1 sold 104k.

Kusagari

Honestly, the UC4 number isn't that impressive to me. Considering the hype and glamour around the series it should easily break a mill first month with this install base.

I can't help but wonder whats kept the series from ever becoming super huge in America.

Holy shit, does that mean XBO is a little above or around 100k?

Did the Sony potentially sell twice as many PS4's than XBO's?

Wait, what? There were some of the craziest Xbox Deals I have seen this past month, including Black Friday deals..It had never been cheaper with more stuff included and it barely reached a 100k?

That's got to be concerning for MS, they all but gave it away...

Good numbers all around. Considerinng doom had about 13 days on Overwatch, it's not exactly that suprising that it had the edge. That said, OW will have a longer tail. Battleborn however, is not the best considering it came out almost 3 weeks before overwatch.

LOL at people diminishing God of War IV sales potential

image.php

Honestly, the UC4 number isn't that impressive to me. Considering the hype and glamour around the series it should easily break a mill first month with this install base.

I can't help but wonder whats kept the series from ever becoming super huge in America.

Very few exclusives sell 1 million, but if you factor in bundles and digital good chance it did.

Javin98

Banned

Probably the fact that it doesn't go "Fuck yeah, America!" every chance it gets?

Welfare

Nathan Drake is a serial killer that no one likes.

/s

Fat4all

Banned
Wait, what? There were some of the craziest Xbox Deals I have seen this past month, including Black Friday deals..It had never been cheaper with more stuff included and it barely reached a million?

That's got to be concerning for MS, they all but gave it away...

I bought one of those crazy bundles for my dad for Fathers Day coming up.

I even got him a kinect, he loves voice command stuff.

allan-bh

That's the fourth game in the main series. The timing for become super huge has passed.

icespide

Banned

digital probably put it over a million no?

Welfare

Actually, tis the E3 season and all, but with the high likely hood a slim model is releasing at E3, and MS are clearing out stock with $299 500GB bundles and $319 1TB bundles, is it possible that this low May result is because there is actually little stock in the channel right now?

Dropping 35-40% from April to May is a bit extreme, and would be more than the 33% MoM drop from April 2014 to May 2014.

Memento

It is probably 1 million+ counting digital sales

GnawtyDog

Banned

This is not a sales month conductive of millions going to the stores to buy games aka the holidays. It's all on marketing and the base. Mom and pop, auntie and grandpa ain't making gifts this time of year.

Thus you get the number that you get. All things considered it's a great number.

You can increase U4 sales by at least 200k more, least 200k if it were to have sold on the holidays - or a date close to it with after launch hype leaking into Black Friday. Not to mention store bundles by retailers themselves etc...it all ads up.

Actually, tis the E3 season and all, but with the high likely hood a slim model is releasing at E3, and MS are clearing out stock with $299 500GB bundles and $319 1TB bundles, is it possible that this low May result is because there is actually little stock in the channel right now?

Dropping 35-40% from April to May is a bit extreme, and would be more than the 33% MoM drop from April 2014 to May 2014.

No way, this is silly.

Fat4all

Banned

Was there any indication of it selling out anywhere? How long did those bundles and deals last, I wonder.

Raylan

Banned

Nah. More like 'the customers had little interest in buying one/the one'.

Top Bottom