• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2016

One of those charts where you feel most games deserved the sales.

I don't like all the games, but I recognise the quality and glad they're all being picked up at retail.

YAY! Long live consoles.

sNXLEQW.gif

mreddie

Doom over Overwatch has me very happy, i don't have anything against Overwatch, just happy to see Doom doing well over a game that seems to be selling a lot.

OW likely made bank digitally but thank heavens DOOM did great.

I love the non military, not too serious FPS

Wagram

I would probably shit my pants with laughter if Sony ever came out and touted a PS2 classic's sales as a means to boast about PS4 success.

How are both games sales on Steam?

Overwatch isn't on Steam as it is a Blizzard game, Battle.net and retail is where you get their games from. What we do know about Overwatch is that they have over 7 million players already, the game was always going to be overwhelming dominant as a PC digital game as a Blizzard title and that's not going to be represented on NPD.

Havik

Suprised to see doom above Overwatch, I guess it was released 10(?) days earlier but i expected Overwatch to sell alot of copies at release.

specdot

NBA playoffs are making 2K an easy sell. I wonder if it charts again due to 2K being free in Plus this month.

idlewild_

Oh yeah, is there anyway to check it's sales figures, or will we have to wait for a statement about PC sales?

Does Blizzard even do that?

Not often, only number they gave so far was 7mm players first week. Maybe in the next quarterly report.

Top Bottom