• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2016

3rdbass

Banned
Apparently uc4 beat uc3 launch numbers which was a holiday game on a bigger install base so that's a good start.

Good so now we have to find out how much more than 700K it did. I wonder if it beat TLOU release numbers on NPD?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
is this always the case with Blizzard games?

Diablo 3 did about 12 million units before it launched on consoles, and then the first quarter after it launched there, it went to 15 million (which includes whatever PC copies sold in that timeframe).

Loudninja

PlayStation Store: May 2016’s Top Downloads
1 Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
2 Overwatch: Origins Edition
3 DOOM
4 Rocket League
5 Battlefield 4
6 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
7 Battlefield Hardline
8 Battleborn
9 Killzone Shadow Fall
10 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
11 Outlast
12 Terraria: PS4 Edition
13 Grand Theft Auto V
14 EA SPORTS FIFA 16
15 DARK SOULS III
16 The Banner Saga
17 Ratchet & Clank
18 UNCHARTED The Nathan Drake Collection
19 Thief
20 STAR WARS Battlefront
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/06/playstation-store-may-2016s-top-downloads/

Welfare

Maybe the US still hasn't fallen for ND unless there are zombies.

That Zhuge tweet says otherwise though.

The_R3medy_

Neo Member
Congrats to ND and Uncharted 4. Well deserved top spot, but that's rough for Damnbuster Studios and Homefront. I hope the studio keeps going because I think that game had a lot of potential had it not gone through the crisis at Crytek.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Hell yeaaaa Naughty Dogs, get that money!
Doom second is a nice surprise too wow and Battleborne didn't tank? Shieet, everyone celebrating today.

Elios83

UC4 wording is weird. Could be below UC3 it looks like.

Read the full sentence:

“Uncharted 4 also marked the best first month of sales for any game in the Uncharted series after Uncharted 3, which is remarkable given the fact that it launched during the holiday period in November 2011,” said Callahan. “The success of Uncharted helped Sony rank as the leading software publisher for May 2016.”

He's stating that the comparison of best first month is remarkable against Uncharted 3 because that game was released during a holiday season.
If it sold less it wouldn't be remarkable.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The original PlayStation blogs also said it was the fastest selling PS4 first party game, but never said it was the fastest selling Uncharted game, so I think given the seasonality to boot, it's supposed to be implying it's #2.

Top Bottom