• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2016

That's absolutely incredible given that Uncharted 3 came out in the holiday period at a system with a larger install base ��

46 titles released for PS3 in Nov 2011.

10 games released for PS4 in May 2016, and only 7 got wide release.

It was definitely a bigger installed base back then, but UC3 was released in a much more competitive market as well.

that doesn't include the LE, CE, or console bundle?

No hw bundles, everything else included.

So with bundles....... over a million?

Don't know.

Fat4all

Banned

It was definitely a bigger installed base back then, but UC3 was released in a much more competitive market as well.

Hmm, both are impressive in their own ways.

How was the install base numbers for the PS3/PS4? I'm wondering about percentages.

Dezzy

Doom second place? Selling more than overwatch? Is this a fake list?

Does NPD track sales on battle.net? I'd bet a majority of PC players bought it there. I did, back in April too. Blizzard already said they had 7 millions players. I doubt Doom outsold that. (as great as it is.)

Does NPD track sales on battle.net? I'd bet a majority of PC players bought it there. I did, back in April too. Blizzard already said they had 7 millions players. I doubt Doom outsold that. (as great as it is.)

Of course they don't, OW will be big on PC.

Fady K

It was definitely a bigger installed base back then, but UC3 was released in a much more competitive market

True but I'm still impressed. Also very happy and impressed that Doom made #2!

NPD does not track digital sales, period.

Misleading the digital titles being released now dwarfs 2011.

Not misleading when you're talking about sales of packaged goods.

And if you want to bring digital into it, comparing digital share of a May 2016 game and a November 2011 game in terms of extrapolating for total? lol

NateDrake

No hw bundles, everything else included.

Nov 2011 was a beastly month for PS3: UC3, CoD:MW3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, Rayman Origins, NFS, SR: 3rd, Marvel vs Capcom 3 and plenty more.

Mooreberg

Legitimately surprised that Uncharted 4 outsold the other two big games that were multiplatform. Congrats, Naughty Dog. Homefront must have bombed horrendously.

DxgMLcY.gif

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

bigjig

Wow congrats to id! Great to see a single player focused FPS beat out Overwatch and Battleborn, especially after the lukewarm beta reception

Zackat

That doom at #2 is amazing. I am wondering how many PC digital sales OW got though, still cool to see. I never doubted the Naughty Dog.

eFKac

After the 2.7m press release, a million in May NPD didn't add up, but behind UC3 would be disappointing numbers.

A shame also as it's the best in the series.

Glad it's #1 at least.

Hopefully these pathetic Wii U numbers each month are continually lighting a fire under Nintendo's ass to truly deliver the goods with NX.

Top Bottom