• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2016

Standalone software units month 1 of UC4 > standalone software units month 1 of UC3. It isn't even all that close.

There you go. UC4 can't be far off 1 million.

The wording makes it sound like UC4 sold less than UC3, considering the advertising budget this game must've had that does not seem too great. TLOU I remember did almost 1 million on a console that was on it's way out and it just kept on selling, once does have to wonder why ND went back to a franchise like Uncharted.

2.7 million first week sounds great but when you add in the advertising, where even your gran would have not been able to escape from a forced look at the game it's nothing special. I think Fallout 4 on PS4 alone did better and damn that must be a kick in the teeth, seeing how that piece of shit makes UC4 look like a masterpiece and that's saying something.

Yet here we are, Ratchet out the Top 10, what a travesty. :(

Quit while you are behind...

Raylan

Banned
The wording makes it sound like UC4 sold less than UC3, considering the advertising budget this game must've had that does not seem too great. TLOU I remember did almost 1 million on a console that was on it's way out and it just kept on selling, once does have to wonder why ND went back to a franchise like Uncharted.

2.7 million first week sounds great but when you add in the advertising, where even your gran would have not been able to escape from a forced look at the game it's nothing special. I think Fallout 4 on PS4 alone did better and damn that must be a kick in the teeth, seeing how that piece of shit makes UC4 look like a masterpiece and that's saying something.
lol... sure buddy. They went back to Uncharted because U4 will sell ~10 million copies in the end of the day.

gatti-man

All this uncharted success makes me want to buy it but every time I play an uncharted game it just gives me a meh feeling. Maybe this one will give me that magic feeling.

Shut down in less than a minute.

It's ok, SnowFlakeCake. Everything is gonna be fine.

Audioboxer

Standalone software units month 1 of UC4 > standalone software units month 1 of UC3. It isn't even all that close.

Eeek, if only you'd started to make your post 2 minutes later.

Sony PR is weak and looks like they put zero thought into it, disappoint.

No comment.

This post looks entirety stupid now thx to cosmic, keep trying tho

Fady K

That's absolutely incredible given that Uncharted 3 came out in the holiday period at a system with a larger install base 😮

Arafo

Oh yeah, is there anyway to check it's sales figures, or will we have to wait for a statement about PC sales?

Does Blizzard even do that?

Unofficial but always pretty accurate
QASav45.jpg

Diablo 3 did about 12 million units before it launched on consoles, and then the first quarter after it launched there, it went to 15 million (which includes whatever PC copies sold in that timeframe).

And 20 million as of June 30, 2014.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/5/5972671/diablo-3-activision-blizzard-pc-sales

Hawkens

All time best NPD openings for Sony software

1. God of War III - 1100k
2. Last of Us - 985k
3. God of War II - 833k
4. Uncharted 3 - 700k

Where is Uncharted 4?

3rdbass

Banned

Thanks that clear it up! I knew UC4 had to sell better than UC3 with all the advertising and the 2.7 million WW it sold in the first week.

Deadbeat

Banned
So Uncharted 4 outsold Quantum Break by x times. What is the x? I dont remember what I said last month I have to check.

edit: I was hoping it was closer to 10 times than 5 times.

Fat4all

Banned
All time best NPD openings for Sony software

1. God of War III - 1100k
2. Last of Us - 985k
3. God of War II - 833k
4. Uncharted 3 - 700k

Where is Uncharted 4?

Hmm, makes me realize how much Sony's gonna have to knock the reveal and launch of the next God of War out of the park.

Cuz it would translate to a fuck ton of money.

Toki767

So when CosmicQueso says standalone, that doesn't include the LE, CE, or console bundle?

Probably over a million with those I imagine.

Top Bottom