• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

mejin

RG0BS1U.gif

w/ Bundles.

Now I'm curious....where those $400M came from Microsoft??? Game and hardware sold really bad.

303k XB1' sold in Halo month is quite mediocre historically speaking.

It would have been more in line with expectations had they held up a week and release in November.

Everything is bundled these days. The Halo bundle got some sales, but not the PS4 price drop as people are mostly waiting on newer bundles and/or better sales in November.
MS will also have new bundles and better deals in November. I'm expecting the next 2 months to be close.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks a lot, NPD_George, for this splendid data/material to be used in future console war topics!

Jrs3000

Seems too good to be true George is legit considering people in the past that had the numbers would obscure them to not get caught. Bish where are youuuuuuuu? Need confirmation.

FZZ

Banned
Hi, nib95, thanks for the positive feedback!

The best-selling title of the October 2015 U.S. Games Industry Report, Microsoft's Console Software SKU 'Halo 5: Guardians,' sold a combined total of 935K including all Bundle units.

Thank you for the data! Also sorry if it's too much to ask, but do you also happen to have software sales figures for the top 10 games this month?

Same as Europe, there was a 75-25% digital to retail ratio in my circle of friends so it's safe to say that it sold ~ 2.5mil copies. Don't think Microsoft is going to be too unhappy with those results!

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oh snap. Given the generous average of 25% in digital sales means it has sold at best around 1200K copies, including bundles, including digital sales.

Yeah, that's quite a drop. No wonder PR kept silent.

sense

Hi, nib95, thanks for the positive feedback!

The best-selling title of the October 2015 U.S. Games Industry Report, Microsoft's Console Software SKU 'Halo 5: Guardians,' sold a combined total of 935K including all Bundle units.
thank you very much. could you give us assassins creed and uncharted sales number if it is not too much trouble.

RexNovis

Banned
Hello again, NeoGAF forums.

Forgive me as I am not familiar with forums, and I am unaware of the conventions of this community. I enjoyed participating in the 'NPD (U.S. Hardware Predictions)' game that the NeoGAF forums offered before the Report was finalized and released. The Neo GAF seems like a fun, intelligent community, so I would like to help the NeoGAF out by disclosing a few immaterial data points from Thursday's Report, although I do not have the time to participate in your 'console war' topics or respond to queries on a regular basis.

*snip*

Hello again! And thank you for the information it is much appreciated. I hope you are able to look I'm on the discussion at some point. Things tend to be pretty crazy at first and indeed very focused on the aforementioned "console wars" but once the attention dies down some decent sales discussion is had. Always exciting to have new informed voices be a part of that. Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts/insight in the future.

Also just as a side note it's just "NeoGAF" or just "GAF." The preceding "the" is unnecessary. ;-)

Which number of US Halo sales would y'all consider a success, and which a flop?
First three days atleast 2 million but would want to see above 2.5

Anything under 2 is pretty bad for a numbered mainline halo game.

This is the game that use to be seen everywhere and had more players on it playing than the number of sales on h5.

People miss how big halo really was or could be.

watdaeff4

So confirmed posters with NPD data are vague so they don't get caught and this guy comes by as a junior

With NPD in his name

NPD as his avatar

Gives exact software numbers

I think someone is messing with your lust for numbers

Duxxy3

303k XB1' sold in Halo month is quite mediocre historically speaking.

I thought about picking up and XB1 for the Gears remaster and Halo 5, but I can get the remaster on my PC and the campaign for Halo didn't turn out how I hoped. So that purchase is getting bumped til next year at some point.

Makes me wonder how many Halo fans are just campaign fans.

So confirmed posters with NPD data are vague so they don't get caught and this guy comes by as a junior

With NPD in his name

NPD as his avatar

Its pretty funny though. Now we just need a photo of him wearing an npd t shirt.

Jumeira

Banned
Thank you NPD_George.

Troubling for both MS and Sony. Halo didnt do much, and price cut didn't do much either, in fact PS4 is down YOY.

Next 2 months have a new angle applied to them, are people turning their backs on home consoles ? :(

With NPD in his name

NPD as his avatar

This. I need confirmation. Seems a bit too on the nose.

Also, laughing my ass off at all the silly doom posts. Yeah, consolez r dead u guyz

ps3ud0

Really hope the low Halo 5 numbers are in reaction to Halo MCC and the many months of issues. How else can you really reconcile those numbers unless people just dont think of Halo as it once was many years ago?

Novembers NPD will I guess consolidate what the viewpoint should be...

ps3ud0 8)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
it does not account for consumer purchases made via digital distribution,

If you really are from NPD: Is this ever going to change? Used sales aren't really ever going to "count" since they aren't anything more than second-hand sales unless you go through Gamestop (and even then they're still "second-hand" sales). I dunno in regards to mobile, but that'd technically would be under digital sales as well.

(Also, it's just "NeoGAF." One word. Not "THE NeoGAF." Just drop the "the" from GAF.)

pastrami

What is going on? Is NPD_George legit? Is this some weird concession by NPD because numbers were leaking out anyways? I'm so confused.

Oh wow, didn't expect George to reveal software aswell. I do wonder if he's sanctioned by the NPD or whether he just has access to the data? At least he's made this thread a bit more... interesting.

Podge293

Sold in you mean. Sold through is bought by consumers. And of course its sold in, why wouldnt it be, its the bigger number for PR.

Do most retailers pay up front for consoles ?? If so then yeah I can see MS saying 400mil revenue. If not then it's sold through as they'd be releasing incorrect data that could lead to manipulation of its market price and that's a massive no no for the SEC

Top Bottom