• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2015 [Up2: Nintendo Numbers]

Hoo-doo

Banned
So is XB1 up in september YoY or not? Venturebeat mentioned both the XB1 and the PS4 being down in september YoY.

Until Dawn?
GIF_star_wars_force_awakens_instagram_spot_2.gif

i wish. but it was lucky to chart in August considering its release date. September was too much for it

Dlacy13g

Hardware sales down 27% yoy overall but The One was up and Sony still beat them? Something's not adding up.

Seems perfectly plausible. Sony sales were still more then MS but less than last year...and MS had gains from last year but still not enough to beat Sony. I am guessing the numbers are likely very close to each other.

On Steam it did 400K to MGS5's 750K.

Warner is also a strong publisher.

I wouldn't be shocked if the difference is a couple hundred thousand.

Yeah people were underestimating Max. Its pretty much yet another win for WB this year, as long as the budget wasn't too crazy

Mory Dunz

At this point (of install bases), shouldn't the PS4 and Xbox1 versions of Disney and similar games outsell the Wii U version?

not praising the wii u or anything (lol), it was just the only surprising thing to me on the charts so far.

Did not expect PS4 to sell as much as last year because we had destiny last year .
Also i expect software sales going to keep dropping YOY unless we get some DD info .

Sterok

Hm, I wasn't that hopeful for Happy Home Designer, but I was hoping it would somehow at least crawl its way to the top 10. 3DS is still waiting for any games of note. And waiting. And waiting.

Last year, PS4, XB1, and WIU sold a total of 909,000 unit.

So, PS4 + XB1 + WIU < 909,000

Not necessarily. It says hardware sales are down, but the majority of that is going to be the decline of the PS360. Could be that the current gen machines are actually selling better than they were a year ago, but just not enough to make up the sharp decline.

At this point (of install bases), shouldn't the PS4 and Xbox1 versions of Disney and similar games outsell the Wii U version?

not praising the wii u or anything (lol), it was just the only surprising thing to me on the charts so far.

Depends on how many kids are buying on them compared to the WiiU.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah people were underestimating Max. Its pretty much yet another win for WB this year, as long as the budget wasn't too crazy

On the basis that Avalanche has neither shuttered nor laid off half their staff, I'm guessing that Warner was pleased enough to make a sequel even if it's not going to be their biggest hit in the last few years by a long shot.

Both PS4 and Xbone do a pretty damn poor job of moving family friendly software tbh

Top Bottom