• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2015 [Up2: Nintendo Numbers]

killroy87

Wow, Disney Infinity makes the list but Skylanders and LEGO don't! That's crazy, the Star Wars thirst is real!

It also helps that DI was pretty cheap this year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
40% higher hardware and yet software continues to lag behind last gen.

Am I wrong, or is that a bad trend?

ethomaz

Banned
But those destiny fanboys told me it would outsell MGSV #zzzzzzz
Wait but Destiny bundles are not counted lol

BTW MGSV did way worst than I expected.

Forza 6 floped like in UK.

Destiny did ok... just surprised Xbone sold more retail... I need to know how many bundles sold too.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

A lot of those "lost" software sales have moved to digital purchases, I would guess. They are just counted as a loss for NPD.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I guess Metal Gear ain't that popular.

It's been around a ~5 million series in recent years, which at one point would have been a huge number, but isn't nearly as big in 2015.

Both Madden and NBA do more than that in the US alone.

Warner has had three games do that this year already as well with Dying Light, Arkham Knight, and Mortal Kombat.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Certainly digital purchases are only increasing and not considered here.

killroy87

I'm legit surprised that LEGO didn't chart at all. That's what they get for charging out the ass for the thing. It was as primed for success as any game, but consumers weren't going to pay those prices simply because they came with minifigs.

Pretty interesting that they're calling the Destiny release "The Taken King" when it's just a vessel for a code that happens to include a year-old game. Shit is gonna get weird in the next few years.

Until Dawn?

insertimage.gif
It's ok. You can't force people to buy games no matter how great they are. The good news is it still exceeded expectations and a sequel is being considered!

Krakn3Dfx

Good to see Mad Max chart, even though I figured they would. Great game, should have a long tail once the MGSV hype has died down.

nib95

Banned
Forza 6 didn't chart? I thought it had a fairly strong marketing campaign. Do we know where it came in the top 20?

I'll be depressed if it doesn't do well. I really don't want the racing genre to go dwindle away. They seem to do really well in Europe, but not so much in the US.

Conduit

Banned
X1 isn't up in sale though. PR did its job though I guess. The power of the comma strikes again.

So, Xbone is not over 284k and PS4 not over....what, 550k? So, Madden sold better on PS4, Destiny better on Xbone ( not including PS4 bundles ). What a trade. Anyway, where is Forza 6?

Nirolak, looks like everything is down.

But the PSN store had a record month in sales, so......

Its funny how everything points to Xbox One being down this September compared to last September, that tweet even says it, the Venture Beat article says it, but the MSPR statement says something different. Looks like they, MSPR, mean that Xbox One sales for the entire year, through September, are up over last year. But their use of commas make it seem otherwise. Funny.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NPD becomes more irrelevant every month as it doesn't track digital and you can bet your ass most of Taken Kings were digital.

I see absolutely no way you can make this claim.

I agree that digital sals are a big chunk of the loss, but what evidence do you have for your statement?

Elios83

Forza 6 didn't even chart (and had 3 weeks of tracking presence).
It has never been a huge seller but this debut seems pretty disappointing.
Franchise fatigue?
Sony is right when they said that the market for racing games is going the way of the dodo? :p

Rocky

Banned
At this point (of install bases), shouldn't the PS4 and Xbox1 versions of Disney and similar games outsell the Wii U version?

not praising the wii u or anything (lol), it was just the only surprising thing to me on the charts so far.

It's really weird because Disney themselves were only pushing the PS4 version on the commercials they aired on their Disney XD channels. The commercials only showed PS4 logo and didn't mention any other version.

Top Bottom