• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nurse at Naval Hospital Taking Racist Photos with Newborns

Surfinn

Hmm, I find the video funny. But I also would understand why some people would me upset over it. However, my daughter is 10 months old and I've used her like a puppet to dance to all sorts of music.

How is flipping off a baby, calling it a mini satan, then forcing it to dance to rap music funny?

Unless I'm missing something

Kaako

Felium Defensor
At a Naval hospital. Newborn babies.
The utter disregard for life because she/he happens to be a different color than your fucking temporary skin. I need a smoke break right now cause I'm heated after watching that video.

Hmm, I find the video funny. But I also would understand why some people would me upset over it. However, my daughter is 10 months old and I've used her like a puppet to dance to all sorts of music.

Read the whole freaking post before you say ignorant things.

Other acts were done that make the dancing wrong.

And regardless, THEY GOT NO RIGHT TO PULL STUNTS LIKE THAT. NONE

Lois_Lane

ITS NOT HER FUCKING KID!!!

She doesn't have the right to broadcast other people's babies to whoever the fuck she wants. What is wrong with you?

Maximo

How does a human being hate a baby?

It's a baby.

Its the babys skin not the person themselves. Anyway didn't we have some defenders in a topic about a OP's short term girlfriend being racist who was a nurse, and we had people saying she shouldn't be reported and the chance of losing her job cause it wouldn't effect how good she was at her job?

Taking a picture of a patient and posting it to social media is enough to get you fired in any hospital in the country. They're done.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I really wish they'd mention political affiliation in all of these stories. I mean I already know , but still.

If my mother had found out that something like this happened to me, that nurse would have seen what that place between life and death looks like.

One of the reasons I don't want to be a parent is because the idea of something terrible happening to my child enrages me like nothing else. If I found out about something like this happening to my children, I'd be struggling not to cause these people bodily harm. Children are not your racist fucking props.

Unreal. I hope every bad thing possible happens to her.

Fuck this woman to the end of the earth.

Why aren't these children with their mothers for the Golden Hour after childbirth? Is it an intensive care unit or something? Or is the Navy behind the times in modern medicine as it applies to childbirth?

I hope you weren't fucking dumb enough to do it when the child was a newborn.

Alebrije

Good they are exposed.

That's why you punch a crazy Nazi on the street. Waiting for the "maybe they have a mental illness" defense force.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

God damn sad that you're a parent saying this considering the content and context of the video.

These are not nurses, but enlisted, hospital corpsman.

I was a hospital corpsman when I was in the Navy. Wtf were these sailors thinking?!

The Navy is going to throw the book at them, dishonorable discharge with no benefits.

Goodbye life.

Good luck trying to get a job outside of McDonald's or Walmart.

MIMIC

Banned
The viral post shared a photo from a Snapchat account that showed the employee giving the middle finger to a newborn, followed by a caption that read “How I currently feel about these mini Satans.” The post also read the “navy nurse” and her friend made a baby dance to rap music.

What an irredeemable, vile person. They're BABIES!!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Lord Almighty, did you even read the OP? Call the baby Mini Satans? Giving them the middle finger? A fucking baby?

I'm dumbfounded. Stupidity is, like, forgetting to put a diaper on, mis-labeling a baby's gender on their placard. How is flipping off a fucking baby 'just' stupid or assholery? How is it not racist to call them mini Satans and make them dance to rap music?

Theres not that much benefit of the doubt in the whole fucking universe.
What I mean is that we don't know the race of any of the babies involved as far as I know unless the parents have spoken out. The videos and pictures I have seen don't give a clear idea of race.

I've read that story and I read the WaPo story earlier.
While this is an example of assholery and stupid, I'm not seeing the racism nor did I see it mentioned in either article.

I've read post like this on Reddit and neogaf earlier. While this is an example of a leprechaun eating avocado toast in a bikini, I'm not seeing ignorances nor did it mentioned in either website with post like these.

hoos30

C'mon, man. Just because you do stupid shit to your ten month old, doesn't make it okay for this ass to do it to a one day old baby!

I can't with this site sometimes.

Murkas

Racists don't care about age.

Racist teachers will gladly talk down and punish 4 year old black/brown kids more often, and more harshly than whites kids. Or not teach them as effectively etc.

Disgusting but not surprised it reaches newborns too.

"Mini Satan"?
You're the one making a racist caricature with babies, you vile demon.
The cognitive dissonance with these fucking people, it makes them even more disgusting.

This breaks my heart, how could someone use a baby, and innocent baby to act out their disgusting views. I know they've always been here but it just gets more disheartening seeing more and more of them feel emboldened. =/

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

You playing with your child is not equal to some random nurse using a strangers infant as a way to put down a race on social media. The fact that you're old enough to have a kid but your brain can't fire off the right sequence of synapses that would allow you to empathize and that you think your experience with your kid is even close to whats being portrayed here is a bit worrying

You think you've seen it all..and then you read Neogaf. Yikes.

tbm24

I made it a point to stand outside the nursery for the hour and it half it took for them to check and bathe my daughter. I was the only one who stayed. Blows my mind how anyone can not stand there and make sure shit like this doesn't happen to their kid.

I would have jumped through the glass if they tried that shit with my daughter.

Nephtis

She shouldn't just lose her job - she should also lose her license. I'm fine with it if the parents choose not to sue, but those nurses need to be removed from any and all jobs where patient interaction is required.

What I mean is that we don't know the race of any of the babies involved as far as I know unless the parents have spoken out. The videos and pictures I have seen don't give a clear idea of race.

You shouldn't need a idea of race to draw a clear and definite line that it was wrong and absolutely race inspired.

Kraftwerk

Hmmmm...

I am tired from a hard day's work doing carpentry in the summer heat, so my head might be all dizzy...but are folk legit defending this?

Jesus Christ

Nekofrog

Banned

Wow.... Just. Ok. Can we have one thread where people don't defend this racist shit

Surfinn

She shouldn't just lose her job - she should also lose her license. I'm fine with it if the parents choose not to sue, but those nurses need to be removed from any and all jobs where patient interaction is required.

I don't see how this person doesn't lose their license.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
These people are horrible, but not all racists are horrible

Straight logic, brehs

/s

Fuck these racist garbage people

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
You shouldn't need a idea of race to draw a clear and definite line that it was wrong and absolutely race inspired.
I honestly don't understand what you are saying. It is obviously wrong, but how is it obviously race inspired if we don't know the race of the babies?

Going by the article posted earlier, the women are not nurses:

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/allys...y-nurses-corpsman-baby-video-facebook-photos/

While they have widely been referred to as ”Navy nurses," Thompson, 21, and Barrett, 23, are actually hospital corpsman and not registered nurses. Sean Cronin, a Jacksonville area attorney who has filed medical malpractice suits dozens of times against the Naval Hospital, told WJXT-TV that the corpsman are the equivalent of civilian certified nurses assistants. They are supervised by doctors and nurses and are not licensed. He said he expects the women will face dishonorable discharge from the military and possible criminal charges, while their supervisors could also face punishment, including firing.

I can tell you they are fucked sideways.

Top Bottom