• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nurse at Naval Hospital Taking Racist Photos with Newborns

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Guys, just give this racist person another chance to handle day old infants. Can't ruin her life. Just imagine what should could be doing when the camera isn't rolling.

blackflag

These are active duty nurses. Whew they are fucked. Navy hopefully doesn't let them article 15 and prosecutes.

Dumb racists.

And Jesus there's literally a defense force for everything

What I mean is that we don't know the race of any of the babies involved as far as I know unless the parents have spoken out. The videos and pictures I have seen don't give a clear idea of race.
Ok, I can understand that. My children were born slightly lighter than the baby that was made to dance and it struck a chord with me. I assumed both babies were the same, but that assumption could be entirely mistaken. Maybe it wasn't racist and just pathetic, disgusting, vile and scummy. I apologize if I offended.

I kind of inserted myself into the scenario of the parents, mentally.

Derwind

I honestly don't understand what you are saying. It is obviously wrong, but how is it obviously race inspired if we don't know the race of the babies?

Im trying to figure out what would inspire someone to dangle a new born infant for a snapchat video with 50 cent track playing in the background.

FUME5

How do you go into this profession and then fuck with peoples kids?

EDIT

Oh, they aren't nurses? Still fucked up.

What? Don't need an idea of race to know it was race inspired? What?

You don't need to know the race of the babies at all to know the 2 corpsman were being racist.

Their acts give it away. What they did (playing rap music and calling them mini Satan's) showed they were going for a racist slant.

How the hell is this not obvious?

Asking for the race of the babies is freaking inconsequential.

I swear I gotta take a break. Like for real

Dishwalla

Banned
Lol really? Your command staff must have been very different from mine. They don't fuck around especially when something has publicity.

Yeah this. Bad publicity at the very least is not tolerated by the military. This is already viral and on mainstream news, these nurses are donezo.

so their military corpsman? they will probably get a wrist slap and get promoted

What?! Lol no.

I was a corpsman and corpsman are enlisted, not officers. You do something like this, and the military will kick you out with a dishonorable discharge.

Your life is over at that point.

the ONLY way they could stretch this is the middle-finger picture as referring to all the babies in general as being too much work/annoying/crying/etc and she's frustrated regardless of their skin color and just happened to take a pic of a black baby (aka babies from hell, still a fucked up thing to post). BUT like everything in life, context is crucial and in this context it's clearly likely racist and fucking shameful and she handled that baby without supporting their neck or anything

S
M
H

Hmm, I find the video funny. But I also would understand why some people would me upset over it. However, my daughter is 10 months old and I've used her like a puppet to dance to all sorts of music.

omg

Maddness

Hmm, I find the video funny. But I also would understand why some people would me upset over it. However, my daughter is 10 months old and I've used her like a puppet to dance to all sorts of music.

1438288015114.jpg

The fucking posts on OT lately in some of these threads. My fucking word.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Ok, I can understand that. My children were born slightly lighter than the baby that was made to dance and it struck a chord with me. I assumed both babies were the same, but that assumption could be entirely mistaken. Maybe it wasn't racist and just pathetic, disgusting, vile and scummy. I apologize if I offended.

I kind of inserted myself into the scenario of the parents, mentally.
Yeah at best it is vile and scummy and dangerous, and it possibly could be heinously racist as well.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
These ain't civilians, not only will they Article 15 their asses, i would not be surprised if they are Court Martial and sent to the brig. Bread and water these motherfuckers.

Drensch

I still don't see racism. It could be. I don't even know if these babies are of a different race.

If I had to guess these two thought it was funny to have a baby dance to music. If I had to guess the general baby crying,pooping, etc makes them satans.

I've never really heard satan as a racial slur. But I'm sure you've heard children referred to as demons or heathens or some such in a joking way.

I'm not saying that what they did was ok etc. I see a lot of straw men in this thread. I don't think I've seen anyone defending them, "caping" for them, or "finding this acceptable". I do see a lot of conclusion jumping on the race front. Let's save racist for PDP, the Nazi guy or the many racists there are.

I don't see a racial component based on any of the stories I've read, feel free to show me.

Johndoey

Banned
it's not racist to call them mini satans if she's just pissed about babies in general, not because they are black. unless i've missed something, the race angle isn't mentioned in the linked stories.

Damn you're really going out of your way to pretend this woman ain't racist.

You don't need to know the race of the babies at all to know the 2 corpsman were being racist.

Their acts give it away. What they did (playing rap music and calling them mini Satan's) showed they were going for a racist slant.

How the hell is this not obvious.

Asking for the race of the babies is freaking inconsequential.

I swear I gotta take a break. Like for real
How is that obviously racist even if the babies weren't black? Someone who hates their job dealing with babies couldn't call them "mini satans" without it being racist? Literally none of the news reporting I'm finding mentions race AT ALL. The OP is the one who added the racism framing. I'm not convinced it's racially motivated. That doesn't excuse what the women did! They are still abusing babies!

I still don't see racism. It could be. I don't even know if these babies are of a different race.

If I had to guess these two thought it was funny to have a baby dance to music. If I had to guess the general baby crying,pooping, etc makes them satans.

I've never really heard satan as a racial slur. But I'm sure you've heard children referred to as demons or heathens or some such in a joking way.

I'm not saying that what they did was ok etc. I see a lot of straw men in this thread. I don't think I've seen anyone defending them, "caping" for them, or "finding this acceptable". I do see a lot of conclusion jumping on the race front. Let's save racist for PDP, the Nazi guy or the many racists there are.

I don't see a racial component based on any of the stories I've read, feel free to show me.

Baby looks black to me. At the very least, clearly dark skinned.

Nurse looks non-black, and is jerking the baby around to 50 Cent.

You're overthinking it b

Odoul

With them being newborns isn't that basically torture?

I hope getting that hate and ugliness out of their hearts was worth a dishonorable discharge.

Very stupid move here by two relatively young people. Thankfully they didn’t hurt the babies during this. I expect a swift and stern punishment.

White supremacists fundamentally dont accept the humanity of any Black person, whether its a newborn babe, a 12 year old kid, a grandmother at a prayer meeting, or an old homeless man. It took me a while to understand it because I was caught up in the delusion that all people can be reached and have some goodness in them. No. Some people are fucking evil and rotten to the core and no discussion will ever change that.

Gotta love how Bit-Bit drops fuckery in the thread, gets everyone responding to him, and predictably, never posts a single follow up.

Drive-by coward.

FTF

it's not racist to call them mini satans if she's just pissed about babies in general, not because they are black. unless i've missed something, the race angle isn't mentioned in the linked stories.

...are you two fucking serious? smdh.

FranF

Banned
If my mother had found out that something like this happened to me, that nurse would have seen what that place between life and death looks like.

One of the reasons I don't want to be a parent is because the idea of something terrible happening to my child enrages me like nothing else. If I found out about something like this happening to my children, I'd be struggling not to cause these people bodily harm. Children are not your racist fucking props.

Unreal. I hope every bad thing possible happens to her.

THIS RIGHT HERE. If that was my (hypothetical) baby being jerked around it'd be the last thing that cunt ever did

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
People call babies little devils or satans sometimes because they cry often and are not easy to deal with.

I have never heard it used in conjunction with race before.

Making the black babies dance to In Da Club is unfortunate, but I still don't think it is out and out racism, just stupidity and a total lack of being a good nurse and respecting those who are entrusted in your care.

This is stupid girl s being stupid. The nurses on question could just as easily been black and it would still be a fireable offense. Unless they were using racial epithets pr outright showing otherwise disdain or abuse based on race, I am going to sit out the racist drumbeating on this one.

Edit: and while they were being a little rough on the babies, some of you have obviously never seen a baby born before. The nurses in the OR/delivery room are anything BUT gentle to newborns, they whip them around, rub them furiously, pull and yank on their limbs, etc. Babies are resilient and not actually made of thin glass, you know.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

People will bend themselves into a pretzel to not see what's obvious. It isnt this threads job to remove your blinders.

I've read that story and I read the WaPo story earlier.
While this is an example of assholery and stupid, I'm not seeing the racism nor did I see it mentioned in either article.

What lead this nurse to believe it's ok to disrespect newborn black bodies like that? Let me answer that for you since you seem very ignorant: The same idea that leads to all bias against black people - The notion that they're "less than".

I see the same thing in all walks of life where black people are treated in ways they'd NEVER treat white people.

Loss of teeth, huh?

When my daughter was born in 2015 I remember my dad taking me aside and telling me point blank to watch the hospital staff like a fucking shark. And sadly I knew exactly what he was getting at. Because the fact is some folks will think it's ok to disrespect even newborns or value their care less because they're black. My mother in law is a nurse and she tells me point blank even other black nurses will go out of their way to treat their white patients better than the black ones.

I can tell you they are fucked sideways.

Yup, going by the:
He said he expects the women will face dishonorable discharge from the military and possible criminal charges, while their supervisors could also face punishment, including firing.

They're done for. Dishonorable discharge is basically like not existing in the US. Plus whatever UCMJ law they throw at them. They *shouldn't* be able to get a job nearly anywhere with a Dishonorable on their record. I would imagine any civil suit against them should be fairly easy to win with the Dishonorable on their record.

Definitely up there with worst things I've seen though. I want to think people wouldn't do that to a newborn (or anyone), but here it is.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Baby looks black to me. At the very least, clearly dark skinned.

Nurse looks non-black, and is jerking the baby around to 50 Cent.

You're overthinking it b
I think you may have never seen a new new born baby.
Click spoiler for a 'white' baby picture
baby-just-born-picture-id496356304

I'm not gonna bother to reply because all I'm doing is working myself up over ppl who refuse to see the obvious.

Kick rocks you ignorant jackasses.

I made it a point to stand outside the nursery for the hour and it half it took for them to check and bathe my daughter. I was the only one who stayed. Blows my mind how anyone can not stand there and make sure shit like this doesn't happen to their kid.

I would have jumped through the glass if they tried that shit with my daughter.

For a lot of parents the time the baby spends in the nursery is a much needed break and likely the only break they will receive from the time labor begins until the baby starts sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time. We were exhausted after labor and the two nights the baby spent in the nursery were life savors. My wife had terrible migraines and couldn't stand even normal volume noises, the baby being in there with us at the time would have been torture.

Asshole

You know what this is, please don’t act like this.

Maddness

I don't understand the disconnect. How people can believe these women are shit. How they can believe they are vile for putting a newborns life in danger. How they can believe they are shitty people for flipping them off and calling them little satans. How they can shake their heads in disbelief as they dance these newborns to 50 cent. Though, when it comes to accepting the fact that these 2 shit stains might be racist, some people can't fathom it.

Wake the fuck up.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
People will bend themselves into a pretzel to not see what's obvious. It isnt this threads job to remove your blinders.

Quantum racism.

Top Bottom