• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Gamer - Top 5 Best Graphics in Games 2015

maxcriden

But NX hasn't even been formally announced yet 😕

(But seriously, the website is going to have a branding confusion problem soon of Nintendo sticks with NX as the name of its next console.)

Zakalwe

Banned
I can't agree with The Order. I find frame-rates and resolution to be as much about eye candy as any of the other graphical settings.

TW3 at 60fps at 4k >

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Not sure I agree with Until Dawn but other than that the list is accurate.
Until Dawn is very good looking game, it's definitely a standout game so it should be on the list.
Batman I'm not too sure.

Order at 1? Yep, definitely the most impressive looking game I've played all year. And yes, I've played BF on PC at 1440p.

But Until Dawn... I would probably put it lower. I think the rock solid performance of Arkham Knight put's it above the shaky (and sometimes abysmal) performance of Until Dawn.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Until Dawn looks better than The Witcher 3?

Z6WE6pr.gif

Until Dawn has really amazing graphics. The only thing that i will change are the teeth. I don't know about Tom Braider since i didn't play it.

Also, i love Bloodborne graphic. I know it's not outstanding, but i find it amazing.

nib95

Banned
Solid list. Probably the same as mine minus swapping the positions around for Arkham Knight and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

And i just noticed...

5. Until Dawn - PS4 exclusive.
4. Batman Arkham Knight - PC port sucks?
3. Rise of the Tom Braider - On Xbox One, slightly inferior to PS4 and PC.
2. Star Wars Battlefront - Multiplatform.
1. The Order 1886 - PS4 exclusive.

I don't think you need to spend a lot of money on a powerful PC to experience pretty graphics.

Until Dawn looks better than The Witcher 3?

Imagine if TW3 was only cutscenes quality rendering. As beautiful as their art direction is, open world can't quite compete.

I don't think you need to spend a lot of money on a powerful PC to experience pretty graphics.

For AAA? yeah it is mostly about better performance until the later half of the gen. AAA games don't switch assets between versions, nor will they ever, just how much of it can be shown on the screen at once.

Certinty

Can't disagree against those 5 games, all look absolutely amazing. If I had to pick 5 of my own I think my 5 might be exactly the same.

Sky Saw

Banned
Is this list consoles only? Even in the video he says "resolution aside" in the battlefront section.

Also The Witcher 3 on PC gets left off completely.

Of course you don't, but the PC will always allow you to push the graphics further than a console does..framerates and resolution are the biggest advantages.

jmga

I suppose he is not comparing with a high-end PC, because Witcher 3 blows away half of the list.

Quonny

Is this list consoles only? Even in the video he says "resolution aside" in the battlefront section.

I think he's judging them based on consoles and middling PC.

Obviously Witcher 3 on a $1100 PC would crush the list, but that doesn't really fit the spirit, at least in my opinion. And plus it's all an opinion anyway, maybe Witcher's world didn't appeal to him.

Zakalwe

Banned
And i just noticed..

Of course you don't, consoles are capable of some stunning visuals.

Just not stunning visuals and the clarity of higher resolutions /and/ higher frame-rates, which add a great deal to the overall quality of visuals.

In motion, 30fps loses a lot of detail, especially when games are doused in motion blur to compensate. 60fps+ lets you see all those wonderful details, textures, particle effects at all times. It's a huge part of the visual experience.

Obviously Witcher 3 on a $1100 PC would crush the list, but that doesn't really fit the spirit, at least in my opinion. And plus it's all an opinion anyway, maybe Witcher's world didn't appeal to him.

I can't really agree because it's definitely an opinion thing. I played TW3 maxed out on PC. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a really impressive game graphically that blew me away and I'd put it on the list.

But it wouldn't be at the top. Probably #3 or #4. Order > Battlefront > Arkham Knight > TW3 would probably be the list if I had to list it off the top of my head.

I'm playing through Until Dawn right now, and sometimes, when the camera is framed just right, it does manage to look jaw-droppingly good. Like, borderline photorealistic. Never underestimate the power of the fixed-camera angle.

The character animation could definitely be improved though.

nib95

Banned
I suppose he is not comparing with a high-end PC, because Witcher 3 blows away half of the list.

I disagree. I personally don't find Witcher 3 as good looking as the other games on the list, high end PC or not. I don't find the lighting and art direction as convincing. The others look almost photo realistic or CGI like at times, The Witcher 3 instead always has this gamey and slightly flatter look to it.

Finaj

Of course you don't, but the PC will always allow you to push the graphics further than a console does..framerates and resolution are the biggest advantages.

Mhm. Until Dawn looks great but its performance is -awful-

jmga

I disagree. I personally don't find Witcher 3 as good looking as the other games on the list, high end PC or not. I don't find the lighting and art direction as convincing. The others look almost photo realistic or CGI like at times, The Witcher 3 instead always has this gamey and slightly flatter look to it.

I suggest you to take a look at the PC Screenshots Thread, because the game with some tweaks really looks like artwork.

Sky Saw

Banned

The Witcher isn't going for photo realism or a CGI look, it has a beautiful almost painting like scenery, the game is absolutely stunning at super high resolutions with max settings.

Until Dawn has really amazing graphics. The only thing that i will change are the teeth. I don't know about Tom Braider since i didn't play it.

Also, i love Bloodborne graphic. I know it's not outstanding, but i find it amazing.

Yeah, this...the teeth from Until Dawn always threw me, especially Jess. She looked like a monster half the time.

d9b

Banned

Nope, The Order 1886 would still be number 1.
Sorry.

Top Bottom