• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYtimes: Ann Coulter says she will pull out of speech at Berkeley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Op-Ed from the Chancellor of Berkeley outlining their side of the story:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/...region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region&_r=0

That's actually a really measured, good response to the whole thing.

Someone wise once told me the culture wars can and will infect everything they can not because people are fighting for principles or morals, but because people just want to wage war against each other on all fronts, damn the collateral damage. The more I see this, the more I think she is right.

Slayven

That's actually a really measured, good response to the whole thing.

Someone wise once told me the culture wars can and will infect everything they can not because people are fighting for principles or morals, but because people just want to wage war against each other on all fronts, damn the collateral damage. The more I see this, the more I think she is right.

That is the most wishy washy "both sides" concern trolling bullshit I read in a while. IT doesn't even mean anything, because the basis of it is faulty as fuck

Because comparing the labeling of MLK as an extremist by the right to labeling actual Neo-Nazis and eugenic peddlers as extremists is not the same thing. At. All.

But this is all speculation and assumption. We really don't know if it did or not, you're just assuming.

But again, letting extremist views go unchallenged is not the answer. I'm sorry, this isn't really about bubbles. And you know what also has really dangerous consequences? Legitimatizing extremist views and letting them go unchecked.
I wonder how all these people would feel if the speaker was an outspoken ISIS sympathizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom