• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld's Lorne Lanning on PS4.5 ( Video )

AmyS

That quote also says to me that Neo is an effort to prolong the life of the PS4 not cut it short.

Well yeah, I agree.

With PS4K coming out in the short to midterm, there's no way we'll see PS5 until 2020 at the very earliest. Maybe 2021 (8 years after PS4) and so the PS5 SoC could be designed for the 7nm node and have enough performance to handle AAA games at native 4K, depending on the goals devs have on a game by game basis, and the console could still be priced at $400.

A PS5 released in the early 2020s, when doing sub-4K rendering, there should be tremendous performance for truly next-gen graphical complexity / fidelity, fluid simulation and all kinds of neat stuff, over and above what's possible on base PS4.

I also do not expect to see iterative consoles every 3 years like clockwork. we could see a range from 3 to 5 years. But one thing is clear, a 7-8 year cycle like last gen isn't going to happen again.

Top Bottom