• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir Review Thread

ys45

Can you change difficulty mid game ? Because I might try hard but if it get way too hard for me I want an option to lower the difficulty back to normal

Sevyne

Got my copy on Saturday and have put almost 11 hours in. Due to a lot of the feedback in here about the difficulty being easier I started on Hard. Definitely the right move. Still a tad on the easy side, but I'm loving it regardless.

I've always felt that this game could have been the best thing Vanillaware put out had it not been for it's framerate and sluggish combat (even after Muramasa and Dragon's Crown releases). Now that those issues are fixed and other improvements were made that they didn't even need to do, it's easily at the top of my list for them. The game is truly something special to me.

Wasn't a big fan of the original due to the combat, but I went ahead and pre-ordered this one after seeing some gameplay. Looks a million times better! Looking forward to playing this.

pariah164

Well, if someone wants to do the OT, I'll gladly help with the graphics if needed. If I need to whip an OT up myself, I will.

Hastati

Excellent in depth review by RPG Fan:

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Odin_Sphere_Leifthrasir/index.html

Really good website by the way, particularly if you're into jrpgs, although they cover western rpgs as well. Their comprehensive and easily navigable review database (stretching back to ps1 days and covering pretty much all systems with a notable rpg library) has proven to be an excellent resource for me when I was building my jrpg collection.

Totally agree, they are one of my favorite sites for RPGs. Glad they liked the remaster.

jamsy

So is this game more like Muramasa or Dragon's Crown?

Cause I really liked Muramasa and couldn't stand Dragon's Crown.

So is this game more like Muramasa or Dragon's Crown?

Cause I really liked Muramasa and couldn't stand Dragon's Crown.

from the new demo it felt a lot like Dragon's Crown, just more mobile/faster

edit: also does no one know the answer if there will be a digital version? I find it strange it's the day before and it doesn't even have a page in the store.

Wasn't a big fan of the original due to the combat, but I went ahead and pre-ordered this one after seeing some gameplay. Looks a million times better! Looking forward to playing this.

If you're in North America, there's been a free demo up on PSN for a few days that gives a taste of the new combat -- it's quite excellent and going through with any of the five playable characters probably only takes 15 minutes tops, and it's just an amalgam of various level elements and a boss at the end with no story spoilers. The characters seem slightly leveled up to give you a few options to toy around with, too -- highly recommend it as it does a good job of giving a taste of the gameplay systems without spoiling story.

T-Rex.

Banned
from the new demo it felt a lot like Dragon's Crown, just more mobile/faster

edit: also does no one know the answer if there will be a digital version? I find it strange it's the day before and it doesn't even have a page in the store.
Don't all games have a digital version? It is weird though, I can't even find the demo when I search for it on my Vita.

Don't all games have a digital version? It is weird though, I can't even find the demo when I search for it on my Vita.

I mean it's not offered as an option on Amazon, which I've bought digital versions from before.

It's not possible to find it on PS4 PSN store, you gotta find the demo from the browser store.

It's like they're doing everything they can to make it seem it's not coming to digital.

AEREC

Hoping this is available to preorder digitally soon...bought some PSN credit for the vita version. Don't they usually do a discount for PSplus preorders?

Top Bottom