• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sunset Overdrive Trailer

Sojgat

the gif just getting better and better

PoshGlossyAuk.gif

LOL, this is amazing.

That they go up in flames like James Cagney in White Heat...but I canT see why the tremendous hype for this game. It seems like this game is the love child of Brink (overly hyped bomb) and what should have been the single player portion of Titan Fall. I hope this is an X1 seller so it sparks a fire in Sony rear but considering these are the same people that made Fuse I don't see this game setting fire to the world but rather going up in flames http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bytoID_SNnE

TomShoe

Banned
That they go up in flames like James Cagney in White Heat...but I canT see why the tremendous hype for this game. It seems like this game is the love child of Brink (overly hyped bomb) and what should have been the single player portion of Titan Fall. I hope this is an X1 seller so it sparks a fire in Sony rear but considering these are the same people that made Fuse I don't see this game setting fire to the world but rather going up in flames http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bytoID_SNnE

Small part because it's Xbox exclusive (admit it, some small part of the excitement for some games stems from the fact that a competitor won't get it.)

Much larger part because it's a fun, lively take on next-gen, where it's been a lot of military shooters and gritty realism so far. It's a breath of fresh air, game wise.

Small part because it's Xbox exclusive (admit it, some small part of the excitement for some games stems from the fact that a competitor won't get it.)

Much larger part because it's a fun, lively take on next-gen, where it's been a lot of military shooters and gritty realism so far. It's a breath of fresh air, game wise.

Yea...I mean, it couldn't just be because, you know...it looks fun? No, can't be that.

And I don't think anyone is realistically calling this a "system seller," (ok, sure people are saying that, but it's mostly hyperbolic system wars nonsense). I think this game looks phenomenal, and there have people been saying in the various SSO threads that it's making them want to get an XB1, but it'll realistically not be something that pulls "casuals" in by itself. But, together with many other great games that the XB1 is set to get, this game makes a great addition (and one that should be at the forefront of advertising the system, in my opinion).

And if it does turn out to be a system seller, that would be great, too (I hope it does). But, lets keep the system wars crap out of here. The game looks fun. It's pretty simple, really.

abadguy

Banned

lol Now it's like Brink.( also Titanfall, wat?) There was another who was saying it's like Bioshock. Lets find some more random games to compare it to. How about Sonic The Hedgehog as well? Hey it's bright and colorful like..ummm Mario Sunshine! Yeah guys i don't get the hype in a game that's all like Sonic meets Mario Sunshine from the Fuse guys! ( hey lets also ignore all the other games they've made.)

This looks like the first game that makes me jealous of the XB1. Titanfall had my interest piqued, but with it only being an online shooter it was easy enough overlook. I might pick up an XB1 in a year or so if it can get enough games like Sunset Overdrive and a good price drop, but the console's Gold paywall still makes it a tough sell.

I hope the gameplay pendulum swings back to the arcade style. Just bring back the fun. The modern military shooters aren't bad, but for me they are starting to feel a little played out. After all, if you are going for a realist feel and achieve it then every game that did the same would look and play identically.

Top Bottom