• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Celine

QiBRRhl.png

Believe!

DrBo42

000r5z9r.png

Also get this in the OP!

0oWoWxj.jpg

31QwmH4.png

The trumpet-call had let loose an enormous volume of noise. Already an excited voice was gabbling from GDC, but even as it started it was almost drowned by a roar of cheering from outside. The news had run round the streets like magic. He could hear just enough of what was issuing from the internet to realize that it had all happened, as he had foreseen; a white bandage tearing across the tail of the black. Fragments of triumphant phrases pushed themselves through the din: 'Photo-realistic face textures -- perfect animation -- eyes with a soul -- greatest victory in human history -- CG, CG, CG!'

Under the table DrBo42's feet made convulsive movements. He had not stirred from his seat, but in his mind he was running, swiftly running, he was with the crowds outside, cheering himself deaf. He looked up again at the portrait of Hideo Kojima. The colossus that bestrode the world! The rock against which the hordes of #TeamReal dashed themselves in vain! He thought how ten minutes ago -- yes, only ten minutes -- there had still been equivocation in his heart as he wondered whether the news from GDC would be of victory or defeat. Ah, it was more than a NeoGAF army that had perished! Much had changed in him since that first day in the Joakim Mogren thread, but the final, indispensable, healing change had never happened, until this moment.

The voice from the live-stream was still pouring forth its tale of 4D graphics, 8GB GDDR5, bandage physics, but the shouting outside had died down a little. The waiters were turning back to their work. One of them approached with the gin bottle. DrBo42, sitting in a blissful dream, paid no attention as his glass was filled up. He was not running or cheering any longer. He was back in NeoGAF, with everything forgiven, his soul white as snow. He was in the NeoGAF HQ, confessing everything, implicating everybody. He was walking down the white-tiled corridor, with the feeling of walking in sunlight, and Bish at his back. The longhoped-for bullet was entering his brain.

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty-plus pages it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the serious pose. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Hideo Kojima.

Xun

It'd be interesting if some shots are real and some were CG. Then Kojima can ask if people could tell the difference when was what since they did those comparison pics before. Team purple would win. :p
This is what I believe.

His facial movements are simply too strange in certain shots.

bock

If face features were recorded from the real actor there's wouldn't be much difficulty in re-rendering the character as CG with a real-time engine on modern hardware. And after all most of his face is covered.

Makai

Why does team real have to be for 100% real while team CG doesn't have to be for 100% CG?
Because the null hypothesis is that this is a standard interview where two people are simply filmed. Plus, most members of #TeamReal are completely certain that there is no CG, with half of their comments starting with "come on" or "am I in Crazytown?" With great arrogance comes little wiggle room.

Kyoufu

Oh no, my friend. Have no doubt the public humiliation will be very real. TeamReal will see to the that.

Actually it would be more humiliating for TeamReal if it were to be CG. We're not insulting them saying they're crazy etc. They're being very aggressive, thus their platter of crow will be that much bigger.

If I'm wrong then so be it. I mean, I fell for the Vita hype. I know all about disappointment.

Is this what TeamCG's defense has become? "Bu-but we're just havin' fun guys!"

Oh there will be much fun.

FOR TEAM REAL

AT GDC

Well someone's going to have to make some rules on what constitutes a win because I doubt the super deluded guys will concede defeat when it simply goes unmentioned at gdc.

After watching the GIF, its either real or they place a lot of detail on the CG. I notice some water on his left eye, not in the eye itself but on the tear duct.

have to go with cg.

read most of the summary, watched it with no volume and he looks plasticy and unsettling. maybe it's just the lighting. that black ridge in his eye is really pronounced. the cuts back and forth are still a strange choice if that rivas guy really did meet joakim in studio

jaypah

Well someone's going to have to make some rules on what constitutes a win because I doubt the super deluded guys will concede defeat when it simply goes unmentioned at gdc.

I think it's safe to say that if there's no mention at GDC then team real wins.

#teamcg #teamfun "started from some polys now we here"

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Actually it would be more humiliating for TeamReal if it were to be CG. We're not insulting them saying they're crazy etc. They're being very aggressive, thus their platter of crow will be that much bigger.

If I'm wrong then so be it. I mean, I fell for the Vita hype. I know all about disappointment.

you and me, outside now! :p

one month avatar bet?

genjiZERO

QiBRRhl.png

If it's not CG then they're deliberately put filtering effects on it to make it seem less real. It does look really strange to me. I'm personally of the opinion that it's a real body and some dude it wearing a green mask which they put a CGI head on.

vio

Well i decided to analyze the video frame by frame and...
M3VnRpo.jpg

LOD change or dynamic tessellation in action! Those are polygon edges. I`ll be damned.

FluxWaveZ

Because the null hypothesis is that this is a standard interview where two people are simply filmed. Plus, most members of #TeamReal are completely certain that there is no CG, with half of their comments starting with "come on" or "am I in Crazytown?" With great arrogance comes little wiggle room.

Fine, it's still a bit weird to me, but I believe it's 100% real anyways. At this point, I'm holding that position out of bullheadedness even though I think some of that interview looked a bit off.

LOD change or dynamic tessellation in action! Those are polygon edges. I`ll be damned.

No, it's a bandage wrapped around his head with flat spots!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
QiBRRhl.png

They definitely used CG for some of the cutbacks on the CEO.

The like I said before the last part of the interview was all CG.

M3VnRpo.jpg

Boom, look at the bottom right of the shirt too, neck area.

GAF is having a blast in this thread lol..

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Some parts did seem like being real, others alerted my uncanny valley sense.

I sense Team Real is going to eat lots of crow, this coming GDC.

QiBRRhl.png

Well, that, and because Kojima is so fucking crazy that this is actually a possibility with him. So good.

JazzmanZ

reading this thread makes it sound like a video game take on weather the Moon landing was faked or not.

Also it's not like its the first time we've had this cg/live action thing before, remember that one Arkham City trailer?

Uiki

read most of the summary, watched it with no volume and he looks plasticy and unsettling. maybe it's just the lighting. that black ridge in his eye is really pronounced. the cuts back and forth are still a strange choice if that rivas guy really did meet joakim in studio

Welcome, you are safe here. #TeamCG

Kyoufu

reading this thread makes it sound like a video game take on weather the Moon landing was faked or not.

Also it's not like its the first time we've had this cg/live action thing before, remember that one Arkham City trailer?

Remember when GAF was Killzowned? What a beautiful day that was.

neither have I.

Seems like a good time to start though :)

After GDC we let an impartial third party decide the winner?

No need. It will be revealed if he was CG or not since Kojima is showing off his tech, right?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
No need. It will be revealed if he was CG or not since Kojima is showing off his tech, right?
yep, I'm just making sure there's a definite verdict in case the truth turns out to be something vague and unpredictable, like a real person later touched up in photoshop or something.

Gnub

That video is hilarious.
Jeff: There's the whale. Some new screen shots of the main character.
Mummy: *Scrolls tablet image
Jeff: I notice a fox engine logo there. So, is the game running on fox engine?
Mummy: *Stoya face

vio

That video is hilarious.
Jeff: There's the whale. Some new screen shots of the main character.
Mummy: *Scrolls tablet image
Jeff: I notice a fox engine logo there. So, is the game running on fox engine?
Mummy: *Stoya face
LOL

Top Bottom