• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hermii

Maybe only the mouth is real. And when Kojima will do his presentation he will show the video with the CG mouth, showing where there is still work to be done to get complete realism.

So put me on team Hybrid I guess.

My problem with this is : What will it prove that they can make a realistic hybrid ? Its useless in games. Holywood movies already make realistic hybrids. Why spend the money ? Qui bono ? If they reveal this is a hybrid, I doubt many people will be blown away.

Is it so hard to belive this is just a bad actor ?

My problem with this is : What will it prove that they can make a realistic hybrid ? Its useless in games. Holywood movies already make realistic hybrids. Why spend the money ? Qui bono ? If they reveal this is a hybrid, I doubt many people will be blown away.

If any of it is CG then it's just the bandages. I don't think any part of his actual flesh or face is CG because it looks far too real.
I wouldn't say it's useless in games, the cutscenes would look a lot better and more realistic. But it would be useless in real time gameplay alright. Also they have shown MGS:GZ on Fox engine already and the character models don't look great. Snake looked like a prosthetic robot

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

It's not the point, it's to show what they have managed to achieve, and what is still too difficult. Like "we got eye movement to be very realistic, but not enough emphasis has been put on mouths, so this is the next step". It's a discussion about rendering technology and realism, so yes it would be useful.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Someone needs to pull a Dyack and make a thread the day before GDC saying: "CG OR REAL", just for the laughs later.

But it's obvious who's going to laugh.

I love how if this was just stated that it was CG, everyone would just be commenting about "Uncanny Valley!" "It doesnt look natural!" blah blah. I hope it is CG just to make people second guess their judgements and appreciate the CG talents...

#teamReal

Into the insanity I go

From a marketing perspective, this would be a brilliant showcase of the new technology. There are some subtle clues in the interview too that have already been pointed out that make me think this is the case.

QiBRRhl.png

Dr.Acula

Banned
If any of it is CG then it's just the bandages.

I could see that as the reveal. Like they have a video of Joakim Mogren with and without bandages, then they add snake's bandana etc.

Wait... This is actually a demo of Kinect2! Bandage your face in real-time! MGS5 Durango exclusive!!!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
That's... Yeah.

If he saw this, he's probably depressed as shit.

exactly!

#TeamFun is it still amusing when you're collectively ruining a man's self esteem?

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

(this message brought to you by #TeamReal)

Yea there are some seriously cruel heartless shits in this thread. Poor guy is probably setting up a closet noose as we speak.
ROFLMAO

Shikoro

People are confusing his weird face and terribly and purposefully bad acting with something that's not real lol. Just cos he looks weird doesn't mean he's animated. many people in real life look and act just as weird.

Yeah, I can't believe so many people fell for it. There are a lot of people on NeoGAF so you can't expect everyone to be on the smart side.

the real guy that kojima paid to do this is probably staring in a mirror at his lips and wondering if they really look weird

Wow. W.O.W!

31QwmH4.png

Some arguments for why it would be CG make sense, and clearly some real weird business is going on, but I just don't believe that whole thing is CG.

Also, this is crazy. I commend Kojimakim on a something well done.

Salsa

I wonder if the madness is gonna slow down any time before GDC

I like how for each very obvious proof that this guy is real (twitter people saying they met him, photos of the guy clearly just sitting there on a shirt), wannabelievers come up with "SHARP POLYGONS! BOOM!" or something like that

this is truly a thread for the ages.

People are confusing his weird face and terribly and purposefully bad acting with something that's not real lol. Just cos he looks weird doesn't mean he's animated. many people in real life look and act just as weird.

I know! This is why you never shoot for REALISM in CG but BELIEVABILITY. People don't actually want to see things that are realistic, because real life is boring, weird and doesn't look natural.

I wonder if the madness is gonna slow down any time before GDC

I like how for each very obvious proof that this guy is real (twitter people saying they met him, photos of the guy clearly just sitting there on a shirt), wannabelievers come up with "SHARP POLYGONS! BOOM!" or something like that

this is truly a thread for the ages.

please tell me you're not that simple..why is it escaping your imagination that an actual person model/exists?

Hermii

It's not the point, it's to show what they have managed to achieve, and what is still too difficult. Like "we got eye movement to be very realistic, but not enough emphasis has been put on mouths, so this is the next step". It's a discussion about rendering technology and realism, so yes it would be useful.

Just not buying it. And I actually like conspiracy theories like the Kennedy hit, and yamashitas gold but this one is just too stupid.

Salsa

please tell me you're not that simple..why is it escaping your imagination that an actual person model/exists?

dude im not even gonna bother arguing with people anymore, ive been here since page 1 and there's no use in the discussion. People will go through any length to believe what they want to believe. I'll sit and wait till the 25th.

this is a good example of what I mean though, "please tell me you're not that simple!". Everyone's getting personal and weirdly fucking angry or offended by the stuff happening here, it's hilarious.

Maybe only the mouth is real. And when Kojima will do his presentation he will show the video with the CG mouth, showing where there is still work to be done to get complete realism.

So put me on team Hybrid I guess.

That would be the most realistic scenario. But advancement in animated normal maps, moving wrinkles around lips and eyes are a reality now. There's also the fact that the bandages covers the hardest muscles to convey in CG.

A really awesome scenario would be that Kojima reveals at GDC that Joakim was real but Keighley was CG all along. thatsatwist.jpg O_O

It is CG.
dude im not even gonna bother arguing with people anymore, ive been here since page 1 and there's no use in the discussion. People will go through any length to believe what they want to believe. I'll sit and wait till the 25th.

this is a good example of what I mean though, "please tell me you're not that simple!". Everyone's getting personal and weirdly fucking angry or offended by the stuff happening here, it's hilarious.
I won't read a 65 page thread. What's your stance Salsa? I think it's CG. What could be happening is that Kojima is alternating between a real life model and a CG one.

Top Bottom