• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Repost for new page, I'm genuinely interested in an answer:
Here:
There are three prominent theories:
-The interview is entirely CG (the image posted in this case would simply be of an actor dressed up to look like the 'entirely CG' character).
-The interview is entirely real (the image posted in this case would simply be of the actor dressed up as 'Joakim Mogren').
-The interview is a hybrid of CG and an actor (the image posted in this case would simply be of the actor that appears in some segments of the interview).

Yes, the industry needs less actual creatives and more drones doing whatever the focus testing tells them to do.
Kojima has been making the same game since 1998, with incremental gameplay tweaks and more stupid fanservice. He is not creative and is very much submissive to his fanbase/market research. He can save his soul but only by saying 'fuck you' to the industry, abandoning his franchises altogether and make something new.

Peco

9CCT0bK.gif

Wait so nobody thinks the tweeted photos could be CG? Why not? they can do amazing things with CG these days, Kojima Productions is the leader in the field!

Sorian

Banned
There is no such thing as #teamFun right now.
When shit is over, there will be TeamFun and TeamShame

If somebody ends up making love to my avatar for me (avatar request thread), I will wear my avatar badge of awesomeness/shame for at least month after this ordeal (#Teamcg by the way).

Risette

A Good Citizen
Kojima has been making the same game since 1998, with incremental gameplay tweaks and more stupid fanservice. He is not creative and is very much submissive to his fanbase/market research. He can save his soul but only by saying 'fuck you' to the industry, abandoning his franchises altogether and make something new.
Somebody didn't get MGS2.

FluxWaveZ

This
looks real to you?

What are you looking at it on, a smartphone?

Looking at it on a monitor, but now that I'm looking at it with scrutiny everything below the face looks weird, sure. But that's really if I'm looking at it actively searching for any flaw. At first glance, practically nothing about it looked unnatural.

Risette

A Good Citizen
MGS2 is as far from "Fan Service" as you can get -- you don't troll your entire fanbase into thinking fan-favorite character is the main star, then only let them play as him for 1/5th of the game. (If you were speaking strictly about PW/MGS4...you'd be right.)
MGS2 isn't just a troll -- it's a hate letter.

Salacious Crumb

Looking at it on a monitor, but now that I'm looking at it with scrutiny everything below the face looks weird, sure. But that's really if I'm looking at it actively searching for any flaw. At first glance, practically nothing about it looked unnatural.

You can spot the irregularities straight away when you look for them. On the other hand people have put every millisecond of this interview under a microscope and the best anyone can come up with to convince us that it's CG is a strange shadow on the guys chin and his lips look a bit puffy.

#Teamreal

What do you mean by below the face?

FluxWaveZ

You can spot the irregularities straight away when you look for them. On the other hand people have put every millisecond of this interview under a microscope and the best anyone can come up with to convince us that it's CG is a strange shadow on the guys chin and his lips look a bit puffy.

#Teamreal

I'm part of #TeamReal, by the way.

What do you mean by below the face?

Uh... below the face? The face looks natural to me but the movement below it looks off.

I think it's real. Anything that seems wrong with the facial movement can be explained by the bandages being tied to tightly around the face or causing discomfort.

31QwmH4.png

R1CHO

Audrey's ad is 100 times more difficult to make look real that a guy with bandages on a dark room with static lighting and no other humans sharing the scene.

Dr Dogg

Uh... below the face? The face looks natural to me but the movement below it looks off.

Hahaha. The face is real, the body is real. It was filmed on location with a look-a-like actress and then a effects company called Framestore went through all of Audrey's previous films, tv appearance and old photos and fitted this to the footage. Performance capture and real time CG animation are poles apart. This thread I think is making us all go a little bit mental.

SkylineRKR

Hahaha. The face is real, the body is real. It was filmed on location with a look a like actress and then a effects company called Framestore went through all of Audrey's previous films, tv appearance and old photos and fitted this to the footage. Performance capture and real time CG animation are poles apart. This thread I think is making us all go a little bit mental.

Then it looks incredibly awkward. She looks off compared to the others in there. But perhaps because its serving as a double.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
GDC announcement= MGS Ground Zeroes has been canceled, they blew their budget on a ultra realistic Joakim. Doh

Kojima's already won.

Turned thread of gamers into a bunch of nitwits arguing over Audrey Hepburn and some random and likely made-up Swedish game developer.

Salacious Crumb

Haha, no don't go there!

You can read about it here
http://www.framestore.com/work/galaxy-chauffeur

All that work and it doesn't look half as convincing as Mogren, these guys should've gotten in touch with Kojima.

Hahaha. The face is real, the body is real. It was filmed on location with a look-a-like actress and then a effects company called Framestore went through all of Audrey's previous films, tv appearance and old photos and fitted this to the footage. Performance capture and real time CG animation are poles apart. This thread I think is making us all go a little bit mental.

Sounds like a pretty CG face reading the above link.

Symphonic

How do you explain him talking with just his lips?

What? He literally just said why, because the bandages are wrapped.

I'm creating a new team, TeamNewTech, that says that this is some sort of new motion capture technology, or something like that. I don't know.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There is no such thing as #teamFun right now.
When shit is over, there will be TeamFun and TeamShame

I don't think there'll be much fun if it's just real.

To be honest, if all the fucking interview was to say: "I'm sorry Geoff, I cannot confirm that" and just show that they're using the Fox Engine, then that was pointless.

Geoff should've said: THEN WHAT THE HELL CAN YOU CONFIRM?!

Top Bottom