• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One week later, PS4 dominates best selling videogame charts for Amazon/Gamestop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said anything about that.

Only before pre-order data was scoffed with comments like "remember the Wii U" now it's herald of Microsoft's downfall.

I can't afford XB1 so I won't be buying, especially since I'd have to import.

Pre-orders don't equal sales. I've said it numerous times and I'm sure most people know that. What these lists give an indication of what customers on those sites want for now.

GhaleonEB

If Sony is able to have significantly more units than MS, due to the latter's yield issues, they'll certainly be in a position to take advantage of it. I still think they both sell out this holiday. Next year though....

Seventy5

I wouldn't be surprised of Microsoft still wins this holiday. After that however...
How? All signs point to MS having far fewer units available at launch than PS3. Is there some other metric they could win by? The most DRM at launch maybe? That will be a landslide.

Joeki11a

Banned
I bet you these consoles dont sell out, they can make these AMD machines easy in the millions. The games wont sell out either, controllers either, so dont go crazy over not being able to find them.

..........because it's not included. Which makes the PS4 price $459.99.

.....if I were to buy it. I'll wait until someones eventual sale. Or when a game comes out that I want to use it with. And I'm a big fan of Move. I just don't see the need for a pack in.

Oh they will be. No.1 sponsor of the Champions League in Europe, and that competition starts just before launch. I expect there to be "Sponsored by PS4" adverts before and after every advert break across the whole of Europe as well as serious advertising. Sony stepped it up for Xperia Z and they will do the same for PS4. At least in Europe, I hope they do the same in the US.

Sony is sponsoring the Confederation's Cup, but no sign of Playstation 4 there, just Sony make.believe. I would have expected some PS4 signs there.

.....if I were to buy it. I'll wait until someones eventual sale. Or when a game comes out that I want to use it with. And I'm a big fan of Move. I just don't see the need for a pack in.

Same here. If Mass Effect 4 comes out (hypothetical) and I can shout commands at squadmates, I may try it.

I don't see numbers. So, it could be close. Plus the Day One edition was sold out for the Xbox One way earlier - the 10th I believe. Then it came back later.

I'm figuring on a lot of gamers buying their One titles digital, as opposed to PS4 players who seem to want to stick with discs. So, you don't pre-order digital copies and that list is a little moot. I'm buying all mine digital.

Yeah, all the gamers are buying digital...keep telling yourself that buddy.

Chitown B

but it's not just the Move. It's got cool features like using the lights on the controllers to know which side to put your split screen on.

Raymo

..........because it's not included. Which makes the PS4 price $459.99.

This logic doesn't work. When ps3 debuted at $599, people tried to make the same argument. They would say "yeah but if you buy the 360 with the play and charge kit, wireless adapter, plus hddvd drive, plus xbox live subscription it comes out more expensive than ps3!!!" That didn't stop sony's downfall until they lowered the ps3 price to $399. The point is that these, like the playstation camera, are optional features that users can select to customize there experience.

So no, the PS4 is $399 anyway you spin it.

Minigo

PS4 has been sold out?

Ding ding!

it lasted less than 2 hours after the conference, a couple of day after that it was put back available for pre-order and it lasted than a day before selling out again, after that it was never available for pre-orders anymore, on the other hand XBONE has been widely available since the end of MS conference never selling out.

InSpectre

Sony owned Gamescom last August. It will really be interesting to see how preorders go after that. I heard Microsoft is going this year.

According to these pre-order charts, KillZone is doing a lot better than Call of Duty: Ghosts. But does anyone actually believe they will translate into actual sales come launch? Let's not get ahead of ourselves by putting too much weight on these charts

It depends on what you're looking for. The people pre-ordering a PS4 console for launch day are probably more likely to choose a Sony first party launch FPS, particularly Killzone, over a Call of Duty game.

That certainly doesn't mean that Killzone will outsell CoD on PS4. It's definitely a possibility but we can't know based on this info. This is basically as useful as Gamestop employees posting their preorder numbers.

Chitown B

Ding ding!

it lasted less than 2 hours after the conference, a couple of day after that it was put available for pre-order and it lasted than a day before selling out again, after that it was never available for pre-order anymore, on the other hand XBONE has been widely available since the end of MS conference never selling out.

You're wrong. The Xbox One Day One edition was sold out the day of the conference, and then spotty afterwards, to come back up a couple days later.

Chitown B

Are there any games announced to even use the PSEye?

I don't think so. They didn't mention it at all during E3, which is telling. However I think it was to make sure everyone knew the $399 price didn't include it, therefore making the point that the base price for a PS4 + controller is only $399.

Minigo

You're wrong. The Xbox One Day One edition was sold out the day of the conference, and then spotty afterwards, to come back up a couple days later.

really? I stand corrected then, every time I've checked XBONE was available for pre-order, in any case the fact that amazon.ca sold-out all its PS4s in less than 1 day is very telling of the situation.

akaoni

Banned
Shopto (website is blocked here unfortunately so can't link) is pretty much the same.

Top 10

1) PS4 console
2) XBOX One console
3) Watchdogs (PS4)
4) Battlefield 4 (PS4)
5) Killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)
6) Destiny (PS4)
7) FIFA 14 (PS4)
8) The Division (PS4)
9) Dualshock 4
10) Dead Rising 3 (XBone)

The best part is Xbone bought the big background advert space on the homepage;
obualDKl.jpg

Zukuu

Banned
I like the "ONLY" part about their price tag x'D... well for the OVERVALUE they deliver, that sure is a bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom