• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orca is a masterclass in film making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmozone

Congratulations OP for digging up this little gem. I saw it on TV back then, but had no idea it was so close to Jaws, thought it came much later. Now I feel it's more like a Resident Evil vs Silent Hill situation.

It has always this great atmosphere about the duel between the guy and the whale. There was this great scene near the end where his crew offered Harris' character an advantage and he was like "Fuck the dynamite, we're fighting one-on-one." (IIRC) Great movie that makes you totally forget that the whole concept is actually hilarious. Also, super-stylish opening.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
This was so great. I love the opening scene where the orca makes the great white scream like a bitch. And then it calls the guy out to a one-on-one battle to the death; taking out a lakehouse and using glaciers as weapons. Making a giant dolphin into a revenge-fueled killer was a brilliant idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom