• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

orioto

Good Art™
Beautiful, thanks a lot! I love that it's such an unusual take on BotW, rather than depicting the green rolling hills, there's a lot of stuff in this one that people that haven't played wouldn't recognize: the dragon, the divine beast beam, the blood moon...

Your other BOTW piece is also breathtaking, capturing that famous moment from the trailer so well.

Stardew Valley is crazy popular indeed, much more than Harvest Moon for some reason. This is the first time you're doing a Stardew Valley piece? I love your 16 bit overhead pieces so much, I'll look forward to it.

Thx :p
Yeah i have more fun doing old school graphics game a lift and i prefer naive settings. I hope it'll be a cool one, there is a lot of work on it..

orioto

Good Art™
Thx!

So this is the incoming stardew valley but it's a really tough one -__- i'm terrible at doing top view trees. I can never get the right angle and it's rare to find photos of them at that angle.

StardewValleyWIP01.jpg

orioto

Good Art™
Finally finished the Stardew Valley art yesterday. it was a hell! You'll see tomorow.

While i'm here i progressed on my got poster (cause i didn't like the global presentation of it..). it may be the final form.

Also i'm still experimenting with shirts. I decided to do something i would actually wear :p Going further with the idea of fake corporate shirt, i had the idea of a mining emblem narshe shirt. Tell me what you think!

NarhseShirt.jpg

Also i'm still experimenting with shirts. I decided to do something i would actually wear :p Going further with the idea of fake corporate shirt, i had the idea of a mining emblem narshe shirt. Tell me what you think!

NarhseShirt.jpg

I like that idea! The design looks good, too. Not overly obvious, subtle enough that only FF3 fans will get it.

I love that GoT poster. Very unique take (and also reminded me of long gone chars i had forgotten about)

Also the T shirt is cool as well. Love the stuff that's "if you know, you get it"

Pepboy

Hi Orioto,

Have you made any artwork inspired by Dragon Quest? Sorry I was searching your site(s) but couldn't find any. Maybe they were limited posters that sold out? Thank you.

orioto

Good Art™
Hi Orioto,

Have you made any artwork inspired by Dragon Quest? Sorry I was searching your site(s) but couldn't find any. Maybe they were limited posters that sold out? Thank you.

Not yet! I didn't find the right thing to do with it! And only FFVIII and IX sold enough in the west anyway

I want a notification when this goes on sale because I will buy one.

It'll go soon but there is a problem with shirts on redbubble now so i'm waiting

Man, that's lovely, thanks a lot. Love the pumpkins and the dog. :)

You don't have any Harvest Moon piece, right? This can easily double as one. :D

I guess lol, but Stardew Valley seems to be the new fad!

Pepboy

Not yet! I didn't find the right thing to do with it! And only FFVIII and IX sold enough in the west anyway

Ah okay fair enough! Thank you for replying. I thought maybe because the monsters were iconic enough / consistent across games that the DQ series as a whole might be worthwhile even though each game hasn't sold spectacularly. But you know the ins and outs of this stuff way better. Please let me know if you ever do create DQ stuff -- DQXI is coming to west next year and hopefully it inspires you. :)

orioto

Good Art™
Ah okay fair enough! Thank you for replying. I thought maybe because the monsters were iconic enough / consistent across games that the DQ series as a whole might be worthwhile even though each game hasn't sold spectacularly. But you know the ins and outs of this stuff way better. Please let me know if you ever do create DQ stuff -- DQXI is coming to west next year and hopefully it inspires you. :)

I'll probably do one soon enough anyway! And i'll probably play DQXI on PS4!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Why have I not seen this thread until now? I am closing on a house this week and need to pick up a few of these after. Impressive work.

I have three of your pieces and they are terrific. Thanks for your work.

(The Link and Malon beach one, LttP entering to fight Ganon, and the FF7 Midgar bridge)

orioto

Good Art™
How do you know all of my weaknesses? I have no walls left

I didn't know i swear :p Nobody asked for this one actually, but i'd like to tuoch more and more of the history of videogame

Also due to a guy on my patreon talking to me about wallpaper engine, i discovered it and had fun with it all night.

I thinkk i'll b able to do animated versions of my art progressivly, it's a really nice soft, except for no zoom out in the editor lol.

wallpaper32-2017-08-14-04-57-33-84.gif

Actually i put a video on youtube, it's better

trixx

Beautiful art as always. A few of these are calling to me. Like A boys mind(Earthbound?) Persian night and even the new BotW one. Personally huge fan of the ones that emphasize settings

Kinda want to have the Earthbound one in my room asap

The question is do I want to put it up as a poster or frame it...

Ohhhhh and the Metroid Prime one with the Samus visor was one of the best I've ever seen. Why didn't I purchase it? :(

orioto

Good Art™
Beautiful art as always. A few of these are calling to me. Like A boys mind(Earthbound?) Persian night and even the new BotW one. Personally huge fan of the ones that emphasize settings

Kinda want to have the Earthbound one in my room asap

The question is do I want to put it up as a poster or frame it...

Ohhhhh and the Metroid Prime one with the Samus visor was one of the best I've ever seen. Why didn't I purchase it? :(

Thx!
The Metroid one is available by the way lol. Now i have lots of people thinking things are not available when they are lol -__- That's why i'm not selling more of the one that were selling before i guess..

So i kept having fun with wallpaper engine, i finalized the mario rpg one and tried a way more complex one (but it's more heavy on the proc, although it seems to be really small for me), Xenoblade, i made a playlist

Also the FFVI shirt is OUT!

If you can deal with the mess that is redbubble to chose shirts type and colors :p

Also later today doom time but it's pretty lame i'm sorry, i struggled too much with the cyberdemon!

Missed the Doom one. Not my favorite game (actually, I haven't played any since the early Doom 2), but the piece is very tasteful. :)

Looking forward to the Secret of Mana one. This is, what, your sixth piece for that game? Seventh? Can't blame you, it's a gorgeous game. :)

Just for the hell of it, let's revisit some of your amazing SoM works, because a couple of these are simply hearthstoppingly beautiful.

fearoftheheavens_by_orioto-da3dsk2.jpg

flying_to_pure_land_by_orioto-d8lyjhx.jpg

orioto

Good Art™
Missed the Doom one. Not my favorite game (actually, I haven't played any since the early Doom 2), but the piece is very tasteful. :)

Looking forward to the Secret of Mana one. This is, what, your sixth piece for that game? Seventh? Can't blame you, it's a gorgeous game. :)

Just for the hell of it, let's revisit some of your amazing SoM works, because a couple of these are simply hearthstoppingly beautiful.

He he this is legend of mana this time, the one nobody played :p

Datschge

Just for the hell of it, let's revisit some of your amazing (...) works, because a couple of these are simply hearthstoppingly beautiful.
That's actually a good idea in this thread, may help giving more exposure to his older works now that all are available.

Looking through the pictures the following was my first Orioto desktop background without knowing it. I guess it's over 5 years old now?
Vx4SQ9D.jpg

https://www.redbubble.com/fr/people/orioto/works/8245345-through-the-night

orioto

Good Art™
That's actually a good idea in this thread, may help giving more exposure to his older works now that all are available.

Looking through the pictures the following was my first Orioto desktop background without knowing it. I guess it's over 5 years old now?
Vx4SQ9D.jpg

https://www.redbubble.com/fr/people/orioto/works/8245345-through-the-night

Oh my haha it's actually 9 years old. The second one i did!

OP recap for new page

New OP for modern times!
If you want to follow me and don't know where:

Tumblr - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram

PATREON! (Early releases, 1200p, QHD walls, 4k walls, animated walls! Polls, contests to win posters and decide directly my next one!!..)

MY STORE IS HERE, for physical prints!
All the Wallpapers are THERE (twitter cause you got a list here with the links) .

Also, important: I'm open for professional commissions! My mail is orioto@online.fr, or oriotoma@gmail.com

Whatever floats you boat :) Or just subscribe to that thread! I'll update the pretty big OP now!

Current ones limited in time (one month!):

You know where to find all that! Wallpapers on twitter cause that's the best way to have the links quickly and posters!

He he this is legend of mana this time, the one nobody played :p

Ooooh, I see! I think Legend of Mana is a game that quite a few people played, at least I definitely did (I still own the PSX original). It's an amazingly beautiful game, and full of interesting stuff; how many games let you forge your equipment into AI controlled golems, and then let you squash fruit to paint them? :)

Looking to buy Fear of the Heavens (Secret of Mana), Narshe (FF), and Stardew Valley.

Wife ok'd getting the $100 "large" 23"x16" canvases, but I wanted to catch some other opinions before I pulled the trigger.

Has anyone got the larger canvas pieces? Were you happy with the fidelity?

orioto

Good Art™
Thx guys!

Looking to buy Fear of the Heavens (Secret of Mana), Narshe (FF), and Stardew Valley.

Wife ok'd getting the $100 "large" 23"x16" canvases, but I wanted to catch some other opinions before I pulled the trigger.

Has anyone got the larger canvas pieces? Were you happy with the fidelity?

Would be nice if anyone having bought some can say something about it yeah. I've never seen them with my own eyes actually! But i know they are pretty popular!

See you guys later with the Legend of Mana art

Top Bottom