• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Hillary Clinton testifies before the House Select Committee on Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
JwU9B8E.gif

K81OUAd.gif

Notblo5.gif

rJRrOPX.gif

HluVCDD.gif

Z5f7nHk.gif

10 a.m. - THE TRUTH p.m.
on C-SPAN

Nothing significant will be found.

But it's fun too imagine how much of a dick this OP would look like if, in some alternate universe, she was. Like we're all in here like "BUTCHER OF BENGHAZI LOL" but then she does one of those things from a cheesy movie where the evil villain reveals their entire crime. "I would have gotten away with it, too!"

Cheebo

Banned
In all seriousness Republicans really overplayed their hand when it comes to Benghazi. This is going to backfire on them so badly.

HylianTom

Banned
Brilliant OP. It's as though my FreeRepublic tab bled-over into my NeoGAF tab!

Today's a biggie. If she nails this, the biggest remaining thing that could stop her would be some sort of external event.

Herbs

Banned
If she pulls this off then I'm voting for her. Simple as that. Shows she can stand up to the fuckwits in the Republican party.

In all seriousness Republicans really overplayed their hand when it comes to Benghazi. This is going to backfire on them so badly.

You think? If anything things will remain the same, kinda like the Planned Parenthood hearing. People are gonna believe what they want to believe.

You think? If anything things will remain the same, kinda like the Planned Parenthood hearing. People are gonna believe what they want to believe.

Planned Parenthood is definitely going to backfire on them in next year's election.

The thing about PP is that it has a MASSIVE base of support, demonstrated again by recent opinion polls. But a lot of their supporters aren't the most outspoken bunch because it deals with such sensitive, private health issues.

Blader

Is it safe to say that Biden's announcement on not running yesterday was influenced by hearing through the grapevine that this committee has, yet again, found jack shit?

Downhome

I know nothing will come from this, so the next but is pure fantasy pretend.

If something did happen, and she had to stop her campaign, would Viden be the nominee? Would some other big name such as Gore jump in?

I like these wild situations, haha.

Come on major swerve that forces more voters to feel the Bernnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Nothing will come out of this despite Fox News insisting otherwise.

Neoweee

Is it safe to say that Biden's announcement on not running yesterday was influenced by hearing through the grapevine that this committee has, yet again, found jack shit?

No, it isn't.

There's no indication that he was close to announcing or seriously considering it, and most of the "sources" cited by articles indicating otherwise were very suspect.

I know nothing will come from this, so the next but is pure fantasy pretend.

If something did happen, and she had to stop her campaign, would Viden be the nominee? Would some other big name such as Gore jump in?

I like these wild situations, haha.

Yes, if she had a stroke or something, somebody would have to step in. Age-related illness is more likely than a serious prosecution for criminal wrongdoing here.

So what exactly is she testifying about? Are they accusing her of knowing about the attack and ignoring it? I honestly don't understand why this is even an issue.

HylianTom

Banned
Do you guys think Hillary will have a roommate in jail?
Oh, it'd have to be Huma. I'm sure some fanfic has already been written on the topic.

If anything, I read it as a sign that Biden (and the White House, by extension) is extremely confident that:
(A) Hillary's gonna nail this shit; and,
(B) nothing of consequence will be found in any investigation on her

So what exactly is she testifying about? Are they accusing her of knowing about the attack and ignoring it? I honestly don't understand why this is even an issue.

I thought it was that she new about the planned attacks, and did nothing to stop them because Arab Spring or some such and a bunch of Americans got killed. But who knows at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom