• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Hillary Clinton testifies before the House Select Committee on Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

CBvdZgX.png

can't even get four lines of relevant conversation
what a disaster for repubs

cosima-cough-2.gif

My fav part was when they kept asking to release all the emails to be transparent, Dems say sure, Reps all vote no haha. Are they bringing that up? I haven't been following since then.

Armaros

My fav part was when they kept asking to release all the emails to be transparent, Dems say sure, Reps all vote no haha. Are they bringing that up? I haven't been following since then.

Republicans were attacking Hillary using cherry-picked excerpts out of the emails.

Democrats counter by doing the exact same thing to support Hillary.

Republicans call out Dems for Cherry-picking.

Democrats say "yes we are, so lets release everything and see what the public makes of it"

Republicans recoil in horror.

Monocle

I've watched literally four hours of this hearing (just finished round one and skipped the break), and I have to say that in any sane country Hillary could win her campaign in a stroke just by releasing a sizzle reel of this clownshow. In fact, her staff wouldn't even have to cherry pick; any five minute segment where a Republican had the floor would be revealing enough. This committee's partisan bullshit is so blatant. They act like caricatures in a pro-Democrat propaganda film, with their gleeful gotchas and splenetic hectoring. Those small town drawls. The righteous fury and childlike ecstasy in their voices...

It's a show trial. It's a circus. It's reality TV. It's team sports. Anything but a serious attempt to discover wrongdoing. Among the few redeeming points in this fruitless witch hunt are the periodic reminders from Democrats that the committee is in fact prosecuting a presidential hopeful in a transparent attempt to derail her campaign. They've practically robbed Americans' wallets by wasting millions in tax dollars for a public wank-off.

The shamelessness of these people. Insulting the dead and insinuating gross incompetence without cause. Calling into question the very practice of relying on experts to make appropriate recommendations for complex high-stakes foreign affairs. I can hardly believe there are voters in this country who can't see this farce for what it is. I know it's not fair or reasonable to assume that the people you disagree with are irrational morons, but at this point, with so much evidence laid out for all the world to see, would that assumption really be out of order? At least within the scope of the Clinton hate brigade and their adamant supporters?

If there's anything I've taken away from this hearing so far, other than a renewed loathing for arrogant fools, it would be a major upsurge in confidence that Hillary has not only the experience, but the patience and poise and sound judgment, to lead this country undaunted by any petty obstructionism by the GOP. She is an adult among infants.

Culex

Banned
After listening to this charade I am inclined to believe Hillary's comments from 2 decades ago: it really IS a vast, right-wing conspiracy!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
After listening to this charade I am inclined to believe Hillary's comments from 2 decades ago: it really IS a vast, right-wing conspiracy!

That was never paranoia. It was always demonstrable. From Karl Rove to Kenneth Starr to the business interests funding and pushing for it.

Has anyone ever thought to point out that the money they've wasted investigating Hillary probably could've helped better fund the security in Benghazi in the first place? The Republicans are fine using taxpayer money for partisan politics but not in keeping our ambassadors safe?

Mass One

Has anyone ever thought to point out that the money they've wasted investigating Hillary probably could've helped better fund the security in Benghazi in the first place? The Republicans are fine using taxpayer money for partisan politics but not in keeping our ambassadors safe?

I remember one of the guys (Cummings?) pointed it out during the actual hearing. I think he said something like 20 million.

I've watched literally four hours of this hearing (just finished round one and skipped the break), and I have to say that in any sane country Hillary could win her campaign in a stroke just by releasing a sizzle reel of this clownshow. In fact, her staff wouldn't even have to cherry pick; any five minute segment where a Republican had the floor would be revealing enough. This committee's partisan bullshit is so blatant. They act like caricatures in a pro-Democrat propaganda film, with their gleeful gotchas and splenetic hectoring. Those small town drawls. The righteous fury and childlike ecstasy in their voices...

It's a show trial. It's a circus. It's reality TV. It's team sports. Anything but a serious attempt to discover wrongdoing. Among the few redeeming points in this fruitless witch hunt are the periodic reminders from Democrats that the committee is in fact prosecuting a presidential hopeful in a transparent attempt to derail her campaign. They've practically robbed Americans' wallets by wasting millions in tax dollars for a public wank-off.

The shamelessness of these people. Insulting the dead and insinuating gross incompetence without cause. Calling into question the very practice of relying on experts to make appropriate recommendations for complex high-stakes foreign affairs. I can hardly believe there are voters in this country who can't see this farce for what it is. I know it's not fair or reasonable to assume that the people you disagree with are irrational morons, but at this point, with so much evidence laid out for all the world to see, would that assumption really be out of order? At least within the scope of the Clinton hate brigade and their adamant supporters?

If there's anything I've taken away from this hearing so far, other than a renewed loathing for arrogant fools, it would be a major upsurge in confidence that Hillary has not only the experience, but the patience and poise and sound judgment, to lead this country undaunted by any petty obstructionism by the GOP. She is an adult among infants.
This is actually nothing new for Hillary. If Republicans developed Obama Derangement Syndrome after 2008, its because they had a long case of Clinton Psychosis Syndrome since 1992. Republicans believe for the longest time that Clintons are this murderous, sleazy corrupt power couple that kill their enemies and have a scandalous history that's been covered up by them and their lawyers, and we see that uncovered every now and then by righteous Republican crusaders with whitewater, vince foster and recently with benghazi. She has had to deal with the same critters time and time again. It's clear that some of the Reps on the panel like Jim Jordan were insinuating that Hillary sent Amb. Stevens to Libya to make important deals, and since he could not accomplish that, Hillary killed him. There is a whole clubin the Republican party that believes Hillary killed Stevens purposefully, and all of her answers are theatrics. The righteous Republicans triedtheir best to uncover the scandal but HilLIEry is just too slick, what with her fake, media-manipulating cough and smiles.

When Hillary said that Republicans are her biggest political enemies, she means it and it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom