• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

My Wolfenstein OT has been done but I always feel I need to tweak it in order for GAF to accept it/me D:

I think it's pretty good for a first OT. Hopefully I feel the same once I throw it out to the wolves.

Wonderful job on the OT, by the way. Looks really nice.

Levyne

Banned
Transistor OT looks great too. And I'm not just saying that to return the compliment.

These and maybe Watch_Dogs..Christmas in July May

Einbroch

Banned
Question: I'm making the Wildstar OT. It has an early access three days (actually four) before launch. Do I need to wait a week before the launch before the OT can be posted or can I post it a week before early access (which is available for all preorders)?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God damn the expectations from Dawg!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You're god damned right

Mix

I'd Like to Claim Halo 2 Anniversary if no one has yet done so. I understand that it is still only rumored and that it may come out as the "Master Chief" collection, but what ever it is I'd like to claim it :)

Halo 2 Anniversary/ Halo 2014 by Mix (19th May 2014)

I do not know if this is he right place to ask or if it has been mentioned before, but i was curious if there was going to be a neogaf best games of the generation (7th generation). Would be a very interesting list.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I do not know if this is he right place to ask or if it has been mentioned before, but i was curious if there was going to be a neogaf best games of the generation (7th generation). Would be a very interesting list.
If you're interested in doing a poll/vote thread, best to get in touch with a mod beforehand to get permission (simply due to the rash of vote threads we'd had a few years ago).

Personally, I'd wait a few years to do that, since I don't expect to see the PS3 and 360 go the way of the dodo just yet.

So here's my deal:

I've prepared an OT for video game music in general, and I want to make it the definitive watering hole for game music on GAF. Right now, I'm requesting a top-page banner to represent this effort. Some criteria shall follow.

I. Ratio should be 1:2 (height:width), probably around 800x400 saved as a PNG; here's a good example of what I'm asking.

II. Subject matter ought to revolve around common icons of video game music, like the Roland MT-32, Nobuo Uematsu, the first game music album, Tommy Tallarico, Sonic the Hedgehog's band, Dance Dance Revolution (or just BEMANI), &c.

III. Banner can be digitally drawn or simply a polished amalgam of stock photos; the viewer base would prefer the former, but I'll take the latter in a hurry.

I wanna get this thread out sometime this week before the E3 blow-out, so anyone interested should PM me a draft by Friday.

mkenyon

Banned
What are the guidelines for an OT about a game in open Alpha? i want to put the word out about Supraball. The game itself is pretty much done, and it seems like they're mostly working on the back end stuff like matchmaking.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
What are the guidelines for an OT about a game in open Alpha? i want to put the word out about Supraball. The game itself is pretty much done, and it seems like they're mostly working on the back end stuff like matchmaking.
If it's an open alpha, I'd honestly treat it like the open beta threads (ex: not necessarily an OT, but a discussion thread... but it's up to you if you'd like to denote it as an OT). Given that the other Beta/Alpha threads are generally marked as discussion/announcement threads with discussion in them, I'd mark it as such.

Good examples of such threads are:

Hearthstone EUR/NA Open Beta - Open Beta ending soon - this is a very good example
Starbound Beta Thread
Smite Beta Thread

Just remember to keep your OP and thread updated if there are any changes or patches.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Am able to handle both text and graphics, since this is an English release takes having to worry about dealing with the whole mess of japanese and such that helps take out more than half of the work. so should be able to fit it into the schedule proper with everything else.

Elminage Gothic by Parakeetman (24th May 2014)

Currently no concrete release date besides word that it will be a "Late Summer 2014" release on Steam.

On a separate note hope to get the Stranger of Sword City OT up by tuesday at the latest.

kubus

I've made a gif for the Tomodachi Life OT and it was my first try making one. The gif came out really grainy and it plays much slower when I open it in a browser than when I preview it in Photoshop.

So I'm looking for someone who can take a look if I messed up some settings, and perhaps make it better. I have the entire thing, animation etc, ready in Photoshop.

Send me a PM if you think you can help me out. Thanks! :)

edit: nvm, I think I got it figured out!

cj_iwakura

Am able to handle both text and graphics, since this is an English release takes having to worry about dealing with the whole mess of japanese and such that helps take out more than half of the work. so should be able to fit it into the schedule proper with everything else.

Elminage Gothic by Parakeetman (24th May 2014)

Currently no concrete release date besides word that it will be a "Late Summer 2014" release on Steam.

On a separate note hope to get the Stranger of Sword City OT up by tuesday at the latest.

Well, if you want my help, I'm all for it.

strafer

I'm thinking about creating a Splinter Cell Community Thread, kinda like the Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and Halo one.

Is that something some of you would be interested in?

Parakeetman

I'm thinking about creating a Splinter Cell Community Thread, kinda like the Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and Halo one.

Is that something some of you would be interested in?

Considering the game has co-op for some of the titles, would make a nice hub for those looking to get sessions going.

Atelier Rorona Plus by Rarutos (24th May 2014)

Nice Ill sub when it goes live. :)

Nemesis_

updated the thread. it's late, but I think i got everything. if i missed anything please let me know.

also I have yet to go through the general releases and add them to the main OP if they've had release dates confirmed. I will be doing that tomorrow.

Cheers guys.

Parakeetman

updated the thread. it's late, but I think i got everything. if i missed anything please let me know.

also I have yet to go through the general releases and add them to the main OP if they've had release dates confirmed. I will be doing that tomorrow.

Cheers guys.

Nem Ill update you via PM once I get the release date for Elminage Gothic. Though since the guy from Ghostlight who stopped by said summer at least its still within a couple months type of time frame I reckon.

JDHarbs

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am currently still looking for collaborator(s) for the Star Wars: Battlefront |OT|. I know the game is likely still over a year away, but I just wanted to give anybody a heads-up that may be interested in helping out. PM if interested. :)

Hey guys, I'm a little unclear on something. How long should I wait before I post my OT for the Xbox Conference, it sys less than 7 days in the OT but I assume it works differently for E3 right?

Radec

Hey guys, I'm a little unclear on something. How long should I wait before I post my OT for the Xbox Conference, it sys less than 7 days in the OT but I assume it works differently for E3 right?

try asking a mod. but i think it should be up on the day itself.

or else it will be just a hype/predictions thread.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's an event thread vs a game OT, so...

You can post it the day of, but they are locked and unlocked just before the conference (ex: this thread from last year was posted 6 hours in advance and was locked until 1 hour before the conference: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581283).

Threads get locked if they're posted far too early for the conference. If you'd like, post it the day of, but just know that it will get locked until an hour before.

The "week before" rule only applies to OTs for books/albums/movies/games.

kubus

I'm not really sure when to post the Tomodachi Life OT. It's nearly done, can probably finish it up tomorrow. The game releases next week on Friday so technically, according to the rules I can post the OT tomorrow.

It's very hard to gauge interest in this title. I'm afraid if I post it tomorrow already, it will just die. But there's not really a place to discuss the game right now for those who want to, and maybe some people have questions or forgot that it's coming out soon, for which the OT could serve as a useful reminder.

So I think I'll post it on Monday, or Tuesday maybe. Not too early, but with enough time to start some pre-release discussion, and remind people it's coming that week. But maybe people are actively waiting for the OT to be posted... :(?

I'm new to this OT stuff (my first, actually) and I don't know if there is some unofficial OT etiquette for this :p. Thanks!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm not really sure when to post the Tomodachi Life OT. It's nearly done, can probably finish it up tomorrow. The game releases next week on Friday so technically, according to the rules I can post the OT tomorrow.

It's very hard to gauge interest in this title. I'm afraid if I post it tomorrow already, it will just die. But there's not really a place to discuss the game right now for those who want to, and maybe some people have questions or forgot that it's coming out soon, for which the OT could serve as a useful reminder.

So I think I'll post it on Monday, or Tuesday maybe. Not too early, but with enough time to start some pre-release discussion, and remind people it's coming that week. But maybe people are actively waiting for the OT to be posted... :(?

I'm new to this OT stuff (my first, actually) and I don't know if there is some unofficial OT etiquette for this :p. Thanks!
You don't have to post it right as the one-week rule is in effect. You can always post it a few days before if you'd like, or if people are wondering where the thread is to carry discussion on in there.

Otherwise, if you'd like to post it the very week before the game comes out, you can also bump it the day of or the day before to say that the game's out and/or if Nintendo releases new media for it or a launch trailer for it. That way the thread doesn't have to die. It's a Nintendo game, and granted, while it had gotten controversial press and some of the thread discussion might go in that direction, I think some people are still interested in it. In fact, didn't Nintendo sent some demo codes or something to some Club Nintendo Platinum members? Those people can use the thread to discuss stuff.

Honestly, I think Monday or Tuesday aren't bad days to post the thread if you have some misgivings about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom