• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

Yup and then I get a PM asking to "negotiate" by not doing DMC4 and just doing DmC (which I myself marked as tentative anyway so it's not like I was grabbing both).
Doesn't help that people are using stupid language like this

and then the other shit in this thread already

makes me not bothered. Just ridiculous that people think they're entitled to things more so than others just because they're "bigger fans" or whatever. Doesn't help that everyone in that thread was behaving as if it was in the hands of a fucking moron or something but oh well.

I don't care though. The DmC OT is in good hands as my original intention was to bring balance to both rather than what happened with the terrible elitism and snobbery in the original DmC OT so yeah. All done :/

Sorry to hear that.
That's so fucked up in so many levels.
They pushed you away. Why don't you get a mod involved?
Forget about the OT. It's nor fair they treat people like they're worth less or don't deserve to work on X project just because they're not well known in their respective community.

Volcynika

Well I was going to bring it up in the thread about the drama solely being caused by him and others not even entertaining the idea of collaboration, but I won't push it if you're fine with it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Honestly it's fine, I'm just glad that DmC is in good hands.

Man thats still shitty though and disrespectful with what happened esp considering all the hard work you do here for this thread. Plus the OTs that you did in the past personally I thought were great.

For the most part everything here was going so well too with folks following rules and whatnots.

-----

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (Western Release PS Vita) Parakeetman (18th December 2014)
Release Date
June 4th, 2015

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (Import PS Vita) Parakeetman (18th December 2014)
Release Date
April 30th 2015.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't even know what to say at this point

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I have been asked to intervene here (again)

Let me make clear our policy:
- If someone wants to do an OT, they get to do the OT
- If multiple people want to do the OT, they get to work together
- If they are not willing to work together, tough shit they don't get to do the OT
- If someone wants to work on every single OT in existence, they get to do so as long as they coordinate with the other people working on it.
- We will not resolve disputes about who among a coordinating team posts the thread
- Grow up

No one has a claim--the "claims" in this thread are to help coordinate, like it says in the title, and prevent accidental duplication of investment. They're not to exclude others or to grab things first.

Also, because this somehow managed to come up as a potential solution, communities do not get to VOTE to exclude someone from doing a thread. If two people who want to work on a thread together both mutually agree to flip a coin or put it to a community vote I guess we wouldn't stop that, but if both people want to work on the thread and don't want to give up their right to do so, then they both get to do so.

Thanks again Nemesis_ for the good work on the OT here, very sorry that we as moderators typically only interact with this thread when there's a dispute because otherwise it's a model thread.

iNvid02

what we shall do is all create a thread together, every single poster will contribute something and the OT will be a stunning, frankenstein-esque masterpiece born out of teamwork and community values

Volotaire

what we shall do is all create a thread together, every single poster will contribute something and the OT will be a stunning, frankenstein-esque masterpiece born out of teamwork and community values

image.php

The beautiful Christmas spirit at work.

iNvid02

in my experience games you're super pumped about usually fall a little flat if you've been immersed in the constant stream of info online whilst creating the ot etc, especially during the run up to release where marketing/online is in overdrive.

theres always a couple of games no on opts to make a thread for, so theres always something to work and practice with if you enjoy making threads

image.php

The beautiful Christmas spirit at work.

indeed. after all, the true meaning of christmas is, and always was

DIBS ON SF5 YO

Dawg

Since people are talking about the issues of OTs again, I'd like to use this opportunity to apologize about my communication surrounding The Witcher 3 thread. A lot of people were asking me if I wanted extra collaboration and some people even sent me some art.

In particular, I'd like to apoligize to Coreda, abunai and VisceralBowl. Coreda sent me some cool headers but IIRC I told him I didn't need anyone for the graphics anymore. I told him he could do the OT2 if he wanted though, but in the end I gave the OT to Snuggles because he also did The Witcher 2 and I had a feeling he wanted to do it more than myself. Because of this, I'd also like to apoligize to VisceralBowl because he was supposed to do the graphics with me but I haven't PM'd him in months. And abunai... I think he once sent me a PM asking if he could help me with TW3 but I never responded and I feel bad about that.

I hope maybe Snuggles and Coreda can work something out about the OT2, although I'm not sure if Coreda is still interested or whatever :p I hope nobody is too disappointed and I hope you can forgive me for my lack of communication. I had a lot on my mind these past few months and I really am horrible at keeping up with my PMs.

That said, I only have one OT left and I'm not giving this one away like The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition :p I'll still be doing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. If nobody minds, I'd like to do this one on my own, I already have plenty of potential collaborators in the MGS community thread if I need help with lore and other questions.

Pls understand.

Dahbomb

I pm'd in order to negotiate whether it was OK if I can do the DMC4SE OT or not. If not, I was fine with collaborating because I have already done it in the past. You can ask EVERYONE who made any DMC OT after my DMC4 OT, I have collaborated with all of them.

Then instead of dealing with this via PMs, guy redacts his post without returning my PM and then complains in this OT rather than coming to the ACTUAL DMC4SE/DmC DE threads to talk about it. If he had posted about it in the 2-3 DMC threads active on the gaming community and gave a heads up there would be no problem.

I was like "ok he doesn't want to negotiate or collaborate after redacting his post, might as well take the OT before this happens again". Now instead of this being resolved among the community, a mod has been asked to intervene here and things have gotten ugly.

notworksafe

I pm'd in order to negotiate whether it was OK if I can do the DMC4SE OT or not. I was fine with collaborating because I have already done it in the past. You can ask EVERYONE who made any DMC OT after my DMC4 OT, I have collaborated with all of them.

Then instead of dealing with this via PMs, guy redacts his post without returning my PM and then complains in this OT rather than coming to the ACTUAL DMC4SE/DmC DE threads to talk about it. If he had posted about it in the 2-3 DMC threads active on the gaming community and gave a heads up there would be no problem.

I was like "ok he doesn't want to negotiate or collaborate after redacting his post, might as well take the OT before this happens again". Now instead of this being resolved among the community, a mod has been asked to intervene here and things have gotten ugly.

Juniors can't make threads anyway

MattyG

Banned
Are we going to have a new OT for the PS4 release of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter? I've never done an OT before, but I really want to get involved. I just don't want to take a game that's too big right off, only because I don't want to disappoint with the OT if I screw something up. I figure that Ethan Carter is a smaller game that I've played before, so it may be a good one to get my toe in the water with once the PS4 release rolls around. If we aren't doing a new one, I'm sure I could find another relatively small title to do one for.

And I don't really have any graphic design/photoshop experience yet (for banners and stuff). Would that be an issue?

JayEH

Are we going to have a new OT for the PS4 release of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter? I've never done an OT before, but I really want to get involved. I just don't want to take a game that's too big right off, only because I don't want to disappoint with the OT if I screw something up. I figure that Ethan Carter is a smaller game that I've played before, so it may be a good one to get my toe in the water with once the PS4 release rolls around. If we aren't doing a new one, I'm sure I could find another relatively small title to do one for.

And I don't really have any graphic design/photoshop experience yet (for banners and stuff). Would that be an issue?

I believe the PS4 release would be a separate OT. As far as graphics, you don't need anything super fancy so you could download Gimp and there's plenty of tutorials to make basic banners on youtube. If you don't want to do that you could ask someone here for help.

Edit: damn the DMC situation got worse.

daydream

Banned
Hm, the DMC thing kinda escalated, haha.

Are we going to have a new OT for the PS4 release of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter? I've never done an OT before, but I really want to get involved. I just don't want to take a game that's too big right off, only because I don't want to disappoint with the OT if I screw something up. I figure that Ethan Carter is a smaller game that I've played before, so it may be a good one to get my toe in the water with once the PS4 release rolls around.

The OT for the PC version still seems active. On the other hand, smaller games deserve more exposure. I dunno, intuitively, I'd say a title change for the existing OT would suffice but you can always contact a mod and ask.

Generally speaking, having no PS skills is not a problem, at all (I certainly don't have any). There's always someone willing to help. If nobody contacts you, there's no shame in asking someone who's done stuff for other OTs (they're always credited in the OP so look around and see what appeals to you in terms of design, then ask the person).

Check yo PMs.

I'd do a separate thread. Use gimp or paint.net. They're fairly easy to use.

Levyne

Banned
You don't need a ton of experience to do serviceable banners. I don't know a lick of photoshop and have done two OTs :p

But yeah, lots of people willing to do art and lots willing to write. Collaboration should be easy. We just need to make sure to communicate with everyone :)

Edit: Yeah, I've used Paint.net. Only annoying part is the text tool (like if you want to make a certain font sub-banner) has some quirks to it. I've used gimp too but not for an OT yet.

Roo

Hm, the DMC thing kinda escalated, haha.

To be honest, I only expected mods to appear and share their opinion about all this.
Something like.. "work together and figure things out or neither will make said thread at all"

Not sure what actually pulled the trigger but that dahbomb guy was trash talking Nemesis_ in the DmC thread.
I mean, was it even confirmed Nemesis_ was the one that actually PM'd Stumpokapow?

You don't need a ton of experience to do serviceable banners. I don't know a lick of photoshop and have done two OTs :p

But yeah, lots of people willing to do art and lots willing to write. Collaboration should be easy. We just need to make sure to communicate with everyone :)

Edit: Yeah, I've used Paint.net. Only annoying part is the text tool (like if you want to make a certain font sub-banner) has some quirks to it. I've used gimp too but not for an OT yet.
Kerning in Gimp sucks. =(

Photoshop's kerning sounds amazing.

Levyne

Banned
Soooo if dmc thread still needs a guy...

Devil May Cry 4 SE by Sigmaah (December 17, 2014)

If not, let it be like it was once before. Do not get riled up ppl!

Just make sure to link your profile and the post urls.

So it seems DmC: DE is still available as well.

MattyG

Banned
Awesome, thanks so much for all the help guys! I'm going to look into gimp and paint.net tonight, and I'll make my reservation post for Ethan Carter when I get on my computer. I'm looking forward to trying this out!

Nemesis_

Umm what on earth have I woken up to o_O. I'd just like to clarify I never messaged a moderator or anything, I was actually worried that if I did so that this thread would die since they only time they ever get involved is when something goes wrong and I was scared they would be fed up.

:|

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Umm what on earth have I woken up to o_O. I'd just like to clarify I never messaged a moderator or anything, I was actually worried that if I did so that this thread would die since they only time they ever get involved is when something goes wrong and I was scared they would be fed up.

:|

I doubt that would happen considering how well maintained this thread is and keeps things sane for the rest of the forums OTs. Even Stumpokapow said praise at the end of his post

id have to say for the most part the thread is 90% sane and pretty much everyone here has been following the rules and cooperating.

Would it be bad if I wanted to claim an OT, but not be able to work on that OT until after Winter Break(roughly 2 weeks from now)?
The game in question would be Town Of Salem(It's now an actual game, you can buy it on Steam)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
To be frank, I have respects for people who kept making new OTS frequently. I really underestimate how much works OTs would take when I was working on Smash 3DS OT and Smash Wii U OT. I'm not sure if I would ever make third OT since both smash OT were pretty stressful for me because some informations and clarification don't really come out until almost end of deadlines. At same time, It was a lot of fun to doing it with other partners and giving the loves back to Community as well.

Respect to everyone here who kept making OTs.

I thought you have to ask Robin64 a permission if you can take over OT2. I'm pretty sure that people are entitled to make sequels to their own OT but again I could be wrong.

I'm petty much used to see Topic Creator continuing making new threads based on their OT.

JayEH

Jawmuncher

To be frank, I have respects for people who kept making new OTS frequently. I really underestimate how much works OTs would take when I was working on Smash 3DS OT and Smash Wii U OT. I'm not sure if I would ever make third OT since both smash OT were pretty stressful for me because some informations and clarification don't really come out until almost end of deadlines. At same time, It was a lot of fun to doing it with other partners and giving the loves back to Community as well.

Respect to everyone here who kept making OTs.

I thought you have to ask Robin64 a permission if you can take over OT2. I'm pretty sure that people are entitled to make sequels to their own OT but again I could be wrong.

I'm petty much used to see Topic Creator continuing making new threads based on their OT.

It's a mess right now I'm trying to fix because the thread was combined with another so it just kinda got thrown on. I've pmed him about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom