• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

xviper

if i reported the Invite spammers, would sony actually do something ??

it's getting annoying, everytime i crush someone on Overwatch, they start spamming Invites and i have to stop playing and block them

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Holy hell Orisa is so fun to play as. Is she "accepted" in comp?

She flies under the radar of the comp police at the start of the match more often than most off-meta heroes, but she is not shielded from being the first to be "not working" should things go the tiniest bit south if there's no other off-meta heroes to pick on.

ZangBa

I finally finished my placements. Torb only, 8-1-1. 2ez. Pretty sure that one draw was a game bug or something because it made no sense.

Moonkid

Friday night QP is even worse. I can't even trophy hunt with these awful team comps. Gonna play something else.
I snuck in an hour of Overwatch just now, what better way to reward not doing any study today :p, and had the worst QP game - you would have been so mad haha. I got put against a six-man stack that were clearly warming up for comp, was an awful experience. Hanamura to boot!

People from Diamond on down will be totally OK with an Orisa pick from my experience, and it makes sense too: they don't particularly care about the GM meta there, and she's easily strong enough to be played at those levels as main tank.

she's probably worst in KOTH where her ultimate is almost always in a bad spot to protect and her shield is easily bypassed (except for Sanctum and Well which are ripe for Halt kills)

At Diamond and below she's fine. There aren't many decent DPS players to really punish. I would make the argument that almost nothing is "punished" at below Diamond so do whatever as long as you don't compromise the overall composition.

Danj

Playing against the nº 52 in europe using mkb being pocketed by a mercy makes me want to stop playing this crap.

I don't understand this post at all.

I think it's a console player complaining about playing against someone using a mouse and keyboard adapter. Which is a legitimate concern. People who want to play with mouse and keyboard should be on PC.

Veelk

Banned
I have an idea and I'm not sure if this is abusable or not.

What if you didn't give up your ult charge off your character when you switch?

So you get your pulse bomb on, say, Tracer. But you totally need a Winston to clear out Sym turrets real fast. The ult charge from Tracer doesn't carry over to Winston, but when you're done clearing out the Sym Turrets and switch back to Tracer, you have your ult ready from the previous time you were on Tracer. (And, of course, you don't have characters passively charging when your not using them)

This could encourage more switching in certain situations and I don't think this would be game breaking in any way.

Veelk

Banned
Guys. Holy shit.

I changed up controls for nearly all my heroes. And then I tried playing Junkrat. And it was actually kinda fun. This is a strange and new sensation.

I still need to learn how to actually play him, but it's the first time that the act of playing him was enjoyable.

Comp is basically quick-play lol

I'm kinda having fun messing around, but the games don't make any sense for the most part. Widows everywhere.

Veelk

Banned

I'm kinda having fun messing around, but the games don't make any sense for the most part. Widows everywhere.

I wish it Comp was QP, because then I could have a chance to meaningfully practice my heroes.

In QP, very rarely do you actually get matches with all players trying to actually win. I can get that people want to be more casual in non-comp modes, but that usually translates to "Throw the match for the luls".

So you either get matches that you can basically sit out with player behavior so asinine that, at best, you're just practicing targetting and not the abilities of the character. Or else you get stomped by a team whose halfway competent, so you basically die at spawn. There's very little middle ground.

This is the worst season yet. Team comps are non existent. Pharah never switches even when they have double hitscan. No one can play Winston or Reinhardt. Matches are uneven. I either get stomped into the ground because Orisa is our only tank or I stomp the enemy team because Orisa is their only tank. Diamond sure is elo hell right now

LAM09

Keep getting random disconnections in the last few weeks, but it just happened for the first time in a comp game. Try to rejoin and it won't let me, so I have lost 50SR and suspended.

Wonderful!

Danj

WTB comp solo queue with non-shit teammates plz

dropped down to 1414 1397 1377SR already :(

Yah, it's pointless to go solo q in Comp now. Need stacks.

EDIT: nobody's in range of me though so I have noone to group with. Can't stay as team if we don't win either.

This is the worst season yet. Team comps are non existent. Pharah never switches even when they have double hitscan. No one can play Winston or Reinhardt. Matches are uneven. I either get stomped into the ground because Orisa is our only tank or I stomp the enemy team because Orisa is their only tank. Diamond sure is elo hell right now

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHA
AHAHA

son, you ain't seen shit, try being down in Silver/Bronze then talk to me about elo hell.

PINTEJl.jpg

sfxmm4D.jpg

UAsjJVU.jpg

I mean what exactly am I doing wrong here. To me that looks like a great performance. Above 50% kill participation, 2 golds (one for damage, that tells me the DPS weren't doing their jobs properly).

Agreed. People still throw games a lot. Hanzo players still being Hanzo players.

Uninstalled the game for now until blizzard actually does something with reports.

Honestly,people should not force other people to change, they should work around them instead.

Your right. How can someone ask a grown up man or women to switch? Game is literally full of man babies.

"hey man, can you switch?"
"oké!"

*Throws game*

Literally playing with big toddlers.

I'll play Rein every map, I love the character and I'm trying to get better with him. But I'm gold/Plat :p

LiK

Lol, those harsher penalties can't come soon enough. We need these types of people to get suspended longer and permabanned.

EDIT: nobody's in range of me though so I have noone to group with. Can't stay as team if we don't win either.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHA
AHAHA

son, you ain't seen shit, try being down in Silver/Bronze then talk to me about elo hell.

I mean what exactly am I doing wrong here. To me that looks like a great performance. Above 50% kill participation, 2 golds (one for damage, that tells me the DPS weren't doing their jobs properly).

that's your issue, stop playing support and start playing heroes that can carry. DPS or tank.

Danj

Lol, those harsher penalties can't come soon enough. We need these types of people to get suspended longer and permabanned.

It's a shame they're not planning to do anything about smurfs. They say "oh they get to their proper MMR in 15 games" but actually 15 games is a lot. Isn't it only 7 games a week that you have to play in the higher ranks to avoid rating decay? So they're basically saying smurfs are fine sticking around and ruining the game for everyone else for 2 weeks.

LiK

It's a shame they're not planning to do anything about smurfs. They say "oh they get to their proper MMR in 15 games" but actually 15 games is a lot. Isn't it only 7 games a week that you have to play in the higher ranks to avoid rating decay? So they're basically saying smurfs are fine sticking around and ruining the game for everyone else for 2 weeks.

Yea, I guess they're just not that much of an issue or they don't care cuz they want people to keep buying extra copies on PC. But it's a real issue on PS4 where making smurfs has no risk at all.

NeoRaider

No one from my list is playing this game in last few days. When i open battle.net there is usually one or 2 ppl playing and it's weekend. What happened??

MCD

Played a game today and three from the enemy team kept sending me party invites.

Is hacking possible On Xbox? I didn't accept of course but shit was scary. I wasn't even doing that good. Just killed their Bastion and they raged or something.

antitrop

Pretty obvious that Mercy and the DPS were garbage. Rein shouldn't really be getting elim cards and Zen shouldn't be getting Gold healing, lol.

Gorillaz

Got kicked out of a comp game due to lag for the first time in months when we were up 2 games on tower. Had to wait 5 mins to reconnect. Never has a game especially a shooter been this annoying to just play let alone get a decent match up.

Yea im def taking my break from this. Between comp being the worst it's been and blizzard servers console side being shit I can't

No mas

Played a game today and three from the enemy team kept sending me party invites.

Is hacking possible On Xbox? I didn't accept of course but shit was scary. I wasn't even doing that good. Just killed their Bastion and they raged or something.
Probably trying to ddos you. RIP
Someone in comp said he only will play rein because he can't dps. RIP.

Then proceeded to learn team can't dps either

Owzers

Agreed. People still throw games a lot. Hanzo players still being Hanzo players.

Uninstalled the game for now until blizzard actually does something with reports.

Your right. How can someone ask a grown up man or women to switch? Game is literally full of man babies.

"hey man, can you switch?"
"oké!"

*Throws game*

Literally playing with big toddlers.

Agree on the switch thing, I don't know why asking a genji to switch leads to throwing so easily, I must assume they were already on the edge.

Yah, it's pointless to go solo q in Comp now. Need stacks.

I tried out some comp the past 2 days for a bit and had a decent time with it solo q. Went from 2650 to 2900sr and only had one game with leavers on my team and one game with shit teammates that wanted to throw.

LAM09

No idea when this stricter penalty for quitters is coming into effect, but the sooner, the better.

Probably had 6 people leave in my last 10 games on either side.

Comp has been an absolute joke since summer vacation started. No tanks no healers all dps who can't aim.

Had a 3 stack earlier...Hanzo widow genji, after we go down 0-2 and the team ask them to switch hanzo says...it's quick play who cares bro fuckin chill. Lulz

They had no idea they were even in a comp match...the fuck

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently I've been playing with mouse acceleration on all this time. It's something I've always known about, but you just don't think about it and every new install of Windows screws it up.

feel

I blow people's minds by switching off from the characters they politely ask me to. It's hilarious, they just don't expect cooperation.

- Hey man can you switch from that Genji we really don't nee-

- okay what do you need

- holy shit. Mmm... maybe a Lucio?

- (switches to Lucio immediately)

- HOLY SHIT WHAT?? I LOVE YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH *_*

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I blow people's minds by switching off from the characters they politely ask me to. It's hilarious, they just don't expect cooperation.

- Hey man can you switch from that Genji we really don't nee-

- okay what do you need

- holy shit. Mmm... maybe a Lucio?

- (switches to Lucio immediately)

- HOLY SHIT WHAT?? I LOVE YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH *_*

My experience is they gang up on you switch to Mercy because you're sombra and people hate sombra for some reason. And even though you tell them you're not good at Mercy or Ann but will do it since everyone wants you to, you still get hated on later for not being good enough.

This happens basically every single time. It's why I've completely given up on listening to other teammates demands of me.

Veelk

Banned
My experience is they gang up on you switch to Mercy because you're sombra and people hate sombra for some reason. And even though you tell them you're not good at Mercy or Ann but will do it since everyone wants you to, you still get hated on later.

This happens basically every single time. It's why I've completely given up on listening to other teammates demands of me.

I don't understand this logic in particular.

I would rather not have a Junkrat in any comp game all things being equal, but if a player has 100 hours on Junkrat and nothing on Soldier, I am not gonna tell that guy to switch to Soldier. Knowing how to use your abilities is going to be way more important than playing the meta.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHA
AHAHA

As someone that suffers from the same problem your objective time ain't there bruh. Get on the point / payload and tell your team to follow. I started doing that and got my ass from 1580 to 2110 in the last weeks.

Top Bottom