• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Just played a comp game where I was healer and no one was taking out their Pharah. Team literally got spawn camped for the whole round. So fucking dumb.

Kuro

People love complaining how OP Sombra is before she's even out and yet think Mei is totally ok. She is the number one reason I'm close to quitting this game.

MUnited83

For you.
People love complaining how OP Sombra is before she's even out and yet think Mei is totally ok. She is the number one reason I'm close to quitting this game.
Mei will get a lot more use now that she counters quite a few of Sombra's stuff, so hold on to your butt.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So broken compared to the 3 Heroes currently sitting at 90% pickrate?

Also Sombra can counter a lot of mei's shit. I'm actually real interested to see how that matchup goes.

Her ult is completely broken right now (how quickly you can get it). You don't even need to test this shit in PTR, just nerf it already. I had a game today in QP where I had my ult twice in the same fight. I was like "again, what the hell?

Kuro

Her ult is completely broken right now (how quickly you can get it). You don't even need to test this shit in PTR, just nerf it already. I had a game today in QP where I had my ult twice in the same fight. I was like "again, what the hell?

Almost every pro game has her now because of her ability to completely isolate players and her high damage right click plus super fast charging ult that is better than graviton and her ridiculous stalling abilities.

Antiwhippy

Almost every pro game has her now because of her ability to completely isolate players and her high damage right click plus super fast charging ult that is better than graviton and her ridiculous stalling abilities.

Might want to check that.

Hero Time Played Pick Percentage
Ana 30:05:54 98.21%
Lucio 29:16:39 95.53%
Zarya 27:38:11 90.18%
Reinhardt 24:55:01 81.30%
Mccree 14:10:56 46.28%
Reaper 11:18:03 36.87%
Mei 11:07:46 36.32%
Genji 9:20:06 30.46%

I'm always amazed at how precise they can be when putting up the walls. Today I try to put a wall covering the entrance to the 2nd point in Hanamura and it just went to the stairs outside... I hid in my ice cube afterwards because of the shame :'(

The fact that the cross-hair turns to a white dot doesn't help too. I don't really understand how this wasn't patched yet, it's something so simple. Let me keep my green short-crosshair pls, thx.

Fancolors

Do people even know that the Genji skin doesn't come out till next week? I had three different requests for Heroes of the Storm parties.

Antiwhippy

i love it when i pick mei and someone complains that we don't have enough damage

like, really?

Like, on her own? Compared to every other dps characters she really doesn't.

What she's great at is enabling your team to get picks.

Though I've so often outdamage the junkrats on my team that i often wondered wtf are they doing.

aeolist

Banned
Like, on her own? Compared to every other dps characters she really doesn't.

What she's great at is enabling your team to get picks.

Though I've so often outdamage the junkrats on my team that i often wondered wtf are they doing.

the team was rein roadhog reaper mei lucio zenyatta

reaper was complaining that the second dps (me as mei) wasn't enough damage

i don't know how you can look at that comp and say that

also i'm good at landing right clicks which is more than enough damage

Antiwhippy

the team was rein roadhog reaper mei lucio zenyatta

reaper was complaining that the second dps (me as mei) wasn't enough damage

i don't know how you can look at that comp and say that

also i'm good at landing right clicks which is more than enough damage

Eh some people just like to complain about everything.

I know I'm guilty of that sometimes.

If you're winning though who cares? I can do more damage as mccree but I'm better at finishing people off as mei so guess who I'm going to be better at.

KarmaCow

I've been trying to play Heroes of the Storm to get acquainted with the game before the event for the Genji skin and man that's going to be a slog. Even ignoring my general dislike of MOBAs, everything about the game feels jank, especially compared to other Blizzard games.

Can someone tell me why people on the competitive leaderboard have 3 characters next to their names? It doesn't seem to be their 3 most played characters, so what is it?

You know, maybe its just because I play Zen and Zarya all the time in comp, but I'm actually having fun playing Lucio 0_0

Usually picked because no one ever goes healer....

cyborg009

Banned
Tonight I was playing KOTH twice where we were up 2-0 and somehow it got it 2-2 .
II still won them though

Sometimes it's hard to consistently take down a good/great Pharah one on one even if you're soldier or mccree.

You basically need elite aiming because those great pharahs don't miss much and know how to use their mobility, and then you have to worry about the rest of the enemy team.

I understand but if you can't handle the task he should told the other dps to help.

Got a 5-kill with Mei....I'm starting to really like her. She can be a lot of fun

The taste of cold blood.

Is the Symmetra update still coming mid November?

I hope they don't change her too much. I really enjoy her. I'm in top 150 with her in Competitive. lol

Squire

Banned
Is the Symmetra update still coming mid November?

I hope they don't change her too much. I really enjoy her. I'm in top 150 with her in Competitive. lol

It's mid-November at the earliest. I'm betting we don't get it with the other stuff. Maybe not even this year depending on how significant the changes are.

They're doing the basic things I missed in Sym, in Sombra though. Good damage, solid health, and immediate escape options (so she's viable in a fight. I hate the hide/seek shit Sym players pull) and speeding up the health packs/denying them from the enemy team is waaaaay better than +25 shields. Especially if you're playing with a competent team that will actually feed themselves.

It's mid-November at the earliest. I'm betting we don't get it with the other stuff. Maybe not even this year depending on how significant the changes are.

They're doing the basic things I missed in Sym, in Sombra though. Good damage, solid health, and immediate escape options (so she's viable in a fight. I hate the hide/seek shit Sym players pull) and speeding up the health packs/denying them from the enemy team is waaaaay better than +25 shields. Especially if you're playing with a competent team that will actually feed themselves.

I just hope they do justice to Symmetra.

Blizzard doesn't love her so much, that her turrets/portal don't even turn GOLD with the golden weapon. Only her gun is gold.

It's super lame and makes me sad.

xaosslug

overtime on Dorodo defense, coming back from spawn (team's still holding the first point), hear enemy D.Va ult behind the gate, think 'fuck it' and blindly launch ult over the wall and get a double kill ~ROUND 1 COMPLETE~

we were able to get the payload there and win. xD

I just hope they do justice to Symmetra.

Blizzard doesn't love her so much, that her turrets/portal don't even turn GOLD with the golden weapon. Only her gun is gold.

It's super lame and makes me sad.

same for Torb, and he considers his turret his baby. LOL

tumblr_og5t9jBOpf1qfss1jo1_1280.jpg

Why are those top two so much better than final :/

Damn you Blizz...

After this and the Sombra ones I'm convinced that if I saw a concept art page for all 23 characters I'd want a previous scrapped version more than what we got for every one of them.

KiraFA37

Damn you Blizz...

After this and the Sombra ones I'm convinced that if I saw a concept art page for all 23 characters I'd want a previous scrapped version more than what we got for every one of them.

That top right concept one could have been straight ripped ouf of gundam, it just reminds me so much of the MS-18e Kämpfer especially if you imagine her blue color screen over it. When will Blizzard release an official Overwatch artbook?

Question: will there be streams/recordings available for the different Overwatch panels? I would really like to watch these.

duckroll

To me, Sombra seems to be more utility than an actual dependable DPS character. Where can she fit in the regular 2/2/2 comp? She is most comparable to Mei, and the Ice Queen outputs much more respectable damage on her own.

Why would she be comparable to Mei who can deal almost no damage on her own? Looking at her skill set it seems like she's a Tracer who is designed to annoy opponents more directly rather than holding a point. Her cloaking is more of an evasive/positioning skill than actual stealth, so it's comparable to Tracer's dash and Reaper's shadow movement. Her transponder is a specific repositioning tool, comparable to Reaper's teleport but faster. Her weapon has the same effective range as Soldier 76, fires rapidly like Tracer, and has a much larger clip than both.

Azoor

Damn you Blizz...

Maybe they didn't want the hitbox to be too large ?

Squire

Banned
God, the money I would drop for an Overwatch artbook...

Speaking of, any word on if we'e getting any OW novels?

We have the graphic novel coming, but I'm pretty sure that's it so far. That was supposed to go up digitally this month with a physical release next year. Apparently they didn't say anything about it at Blizzard's publishing panel though, so who knows what's going on?

duckroll

When they announced the graphic novel they also announced that Dark Horse would be publishing The Art of Overwatch next year. It's puzzling that there wasn't an update on both at Blizzcon.

Mozendo

Man, sometimes I regret buying this game. I enjoy it when I get grouped with people my skill level, but going against people out of my league and being on a being on a 30-45 minute losing streak just makes me feel terrible

NeoRaider

Released 8 months ago:

B6C2CW9.png

Released 8 months ago:

cAQlx8Y.png

Released 2 days ago:

U1bl4Bc.png

Lol, i guess ARG and Sombra Hype worked then.

I still think that :"Alive" is one of the best tho.

Cappa

Banned
Ive been watching the Sombra videos and Sombra is far from OP lol... I think people just see that she has a various amount of different abilities unlike 3-4 that most heroes have and think shes overpowered.

She seems incredibly easy to counter and her HP sucks.

demented

Here's 99% of my point capture games:
Round 1 - we dominate
Round 2 - starts going well, we capture point but lose and fall apart
Round 3 - Lose and not get over 10 points, usually 0.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ive been watching the Sombra videos and Sombra is far from OP lol... I think people just see that she has a various amount of different abilities unlike 3-4 that most heroes have and think shes overpowered.

She seems incredibly easy to counter and her HP sucks.

She has as much HP as Genji? that's not sucky at all for a harasser.

DevilDog

Released 8 months ago:

Lol, i guess ARG and Sombra Hype worked then.

I still think that :"Alive" is one of the best tho.
Objection.jpg

You forgot to include the views from the other channels (ps,xbox)

Alive has +4 million views on the playstation channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom