• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumo

YASSSS I'VE BEEN CHOSEN!

Honestly I just randomly wandered around after triggering the first giggle, occasionally stopping at each hot spot and the second giggle happened as I was approaching the stairs. My heart seriously skipped a beat when i heard that giggle lol. My light was also green on this loop.

Damn, that trailer at the end was hype.

cchum

YASSSS I'VE BEEN CHOSEN!

Honestly I just randomly wandered around after triggering the first giggle, occasionally stopping at each hot spot and the second giggle happened as I was approaching the stairs. My heart seriously skipped a beat when i heard that giggle lol. My light was also green on this loop.

Damn, that trailer at the end was hype.

Was your mic on?

What the hell is the trigger lol? Had it by the front door and bathroom too

djshauny

Banned
Adobe premiere keeps messing with the audio so I cant upload that vid tonight.

But what I did was go to the phone, wait until the bell rings and all other to start, not moving until it stops. Then I did the 10 steps to the radio and got the first laugh. Then I looked up at the balcony and didnt move. The creepy music etc kicked in then I got the second laugh, controller started to go crazy, got another laugh a few seconds later then the phone rang. Then I went up to the phone, zoomed in and got the "youve been chosen" message.

I did have the mic plugged into the controller aswell.

Also this was on my second loop. The loop before had the torch colour green.

Hope that helps someone.

iWVNYJZ5g8arZ.gif

This was the only time in my history of video games where I let out a pitiful little, "ahh!" Not a yell or a scream, but just an exclamation. Granted, it was a cheap scare, but it worked for me.

I've found this short teaser to be much scarier than any of the recent horror flicks released in the past few years.

Kumo

Was your mic on?

What the hell is the trigger lol? Had it by the front door and bathroom too

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my mic was indeed on the whole time (I used the pack-in headphones).

I should also mention that I had the second giggle before but I messed it up by moving accidentally. On that loop I also had a colored light (I think it was yellow) and that one happened while I was staring at the mirror and I could see Lisa's reflection.

cchum

Ok my locations for second giggle were:

bathroom first time.
bathroom again during haunting when looking around.
front door (near one spawn)
screwed those two up though
Phone which worked.

Jabba

Banned
After the 10 steps and first cry, pause the game and wait. Got the second laugh in pause menu.

I've noticed the game doesn't ever actually pause. I've left it running and went to ps4 browser, only to come back during the end of a haunting when there initially wasn't one.

DrkSage

well me and my friend are going to party up and try the pause+ hotspots and more different methods to see if we can find one the works constantly like the 10 steps method.

Also i just found out this nice little trick about the main room light turning on, idk if it was posted already but here it goes anyway. Like most of you guys know walking backwards down the stairs and turning around makes the light in the main room turn on, well it doesnt necessarily has to be backwards, just dont look at the door. You can go down the stairs by looking at the left wall or right wall and it will turn on, and also if you go down the stairs while the light is on and you just touch the door (dont open it) the ghost will turn off the light.

Funshine

Neo Member
CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS? I did not hear anything about a son on the news reports, nor did I witness any reference in the hauntings or photographs, unless I mistook some older son for that scumbag dad

The radio says he killed the wife,son, and the daughter. The wife was pregnant at the time, and the dad also hung himself.

Cynn

She just killed me after I came back from a pause on the final loop. Anyone else have that happen? I was killed early on but wasn't expecting that for the final puzzle.

Panthers

This was the only time in my history of video games where I let out a pitiful little, "ahh!" Not a yell or a scream, but just an exclamation. Granted, it was a cheap scare, but it worked for me.

I've found this short teaser to be much scarier than any of the recent horror flicks released in the past few years.

I feel "cheap" scares are necessary to keep the rest of the moments tense. Those jump scares work on me every time and it creates tension for the rest of the game. I am all for those types of scares.

My girlfriend was on gamefaqs and found a bunch of people saying you have to be in party chat but I didn't really believe them. I did the ten steps for the first giggle but then nothing else. I was just streaming, after an hour I switched to a solo party chat with a Mic plugged and the bombcast playing in the background and it happened instantly

Panthers

She just killed me after I came back from a pause on the final loop. Anyone else have that happen? I was killed early on but wasn't expecting that for the final puzzle.

I got killed a lot during the final moments. I think there are ways to upset her. Running in to her is one way to do it. Ive heard taking screenshots of her does it as well. But its pretty random. Sometimes I run into her on purpose to see if she will kill me and she doesnt. It seems when I do it by accident, she does.

Browsing the ps store I came across this little gem. I saw it was free so my interest was peaked. I opened the game description screen and had no idea what this game was or would entail. I thought about downloading it to see but then decided against it, though I wanted to check out what gaf said about it. Now that I know it's a horror game, and a scary one at that, lol no thanks. I would've probably pooped myself.

Browsing the ps store I came across this little gem. I saw it was free so my interest was peaked. I opened the game description screen and had no idea what this game was or would entail. I thought about downloading it to see but then decided against it, though I wanted to check out what gaf said about it. Now that I know it's a horror game, and a scary one at that, lol no thanks. I would've probably pooped myself.

Please force yourself to finish it. You won't regret it.

You manage to finish it, shagg? What method did you use?

No. :(

Fuck. I am on a cottage so I'll finish it when I get home tomorrow.

I actually yell every time this happens.

Like full on "FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK".

Danielsan

Played this with headphones on at a friend's place tonight. Scariest shit I've played in ages. Really looking forward to what these guys will do with the full game. They seem to understand horror.

zoozilla

So, does the color of the 'error' screen when the game 'ends' not matter at all?

It seems like some people get a yellow screen, with 'I'll call you later' or something like that written all over it.

The person who got the ending first got a red screen that said 'I'm coming over now.'

People have probably looked into this already, but I guess it doesn't have an effect?

Also, I haven't played it for myself - just watched streams - but I was pretty freaked out by the shadow of the swinging lamp that looked like a hanged man.

Linconan

So is the 10 steps the only guaranteed giggle at this point?

That's all it took for me.

Once i got the first giggle, i just left the screen looking at the Phone..

and went back to the dashboard to do other unrelated stuff, and when clicking back to the game, the phone was ringing,lol. and, i was like..omg omg omg.

Teknoman

You know whats funny? After knowing what this was (playing it for the first time now) that load icon jumps right out as a "hidden" Valtiel symbol.

dab0ne

Ok I'm lost.
I've been in a repeating corridor for a very long time now. The halls are red and I run really fast.
What do I do now?

vypek

Ok I'm lost.
I've been in a repeating corridor for a very long time now. The halls are red and I run really fast.
What do I do now?

A wall near the bathroom will have a painting on the floor. Look above it and there is a whole. Look into the whole and wait for the sound clip to end. You can now walk out.

cchum

So, does the color of the 'error' screen when the game 'ends' not matter at all?

It seems like some people get a yellow screen, with 'I'll call you later' or something like that written all over it.

The person who got the ending first got a red screen that said 'I'm coming over now.'

People have probably looked into this already, but I guess it doesn't have an effect?

Also, I haven't played it for myself - just watched streams - but I was pretty freaked out by the shadow of the swinging lamp that looked like a hanged man.

2 times I got it. It was the red "I'm coming"

Ok I'm lost.
What do I do now?

Find the painting on the ground and then look where it was hanging. R3

dab0ne

A wall near the bathroom will have a painting on the floor. Look above it and there is a whole. Look into the whole and wait for the sound clip to end. You can now walk out.

Look for a picture that is on the floor. Above the fallen picture is a hole...

2 times I got it. It was the red "I'm coming"

Find the painting on the ground and then look where it was hanging. R3
Thanks. That part really took the tension away. I thought I had to wait for something to happen so I went and made a sandwich. Haha.

Edit: oh wow that was basically the end. 😕

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
It's not cheap at all. The scare only works this well because you are already extremely tense before it happens.

Teknoman

Does it make you have to do certain things in order to progress, or if you keep going down the hall, eventually you'll reach the end?

Andrew.

Banned
On my second run now. Party chat definitely helps. This is the scariest and one of the best most fucked up games I've ever played in my life.

I truly believe this will give someone a stroke or lead certain people to hidden unignited anxiety issues or some shit. It taps into that kind of fear. The fact that the heart warning is there is no fucking joke.

So awesome.

Verder

What worked for me on final puzzle with mic

1. 10 steps from phone to radio during the bell for the first laugh
2. During a haunting walk towards her cry/moan but dont approach her to the point of possession. Stand in the spot she was in when the music was going, either paused if you have no Mic or keep repeating HELLLLLLO. Eventually youll get a second laugh... DONT MOVE
3. The third giggle comes in right after then the controller will vibrate.. DONT MOVE until vibration is over and phone rings.

Teknoman

Wait you actually have to use a mic with this too? Thats new. Also apparently you can see her...shadow if you just stand still with the flashlight at times.

Shes right...in front of me and I cant see her *_*

Wait you actually have to use a mic with this too? Thats new. Also apparently you can see her...shadow if you just stand still with the flashlight at times.

Shes right...in front of me and I cant see her *_*

Yeah that was pretty freaky. At first i thought it was the character's shadow going all crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom