• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Is there a point to the monstrous fetus on the sink? At first I believed the baby cries came from it, but nope.

Does it do anything? Sometimes it disappears, but most of the time it is there, just moving.

It
talked to me at one point in a deep manly voice. I went into the bathroom after I peaked in the hole in the red hallway and it started speaking.

Played for about an hour last night, made some progress, then got stuck.

Loved every minute of it.

The ambiance and tension that tiny little environment made me feel was insane. And the way the room just constantly evolved into a deeper and deeper nightmare on each loop was genius.

Agreed.

Ishida

Banned
It
talked to me at one point in a deep manly voice. I went into the bathroom after I peaked in the hole in the red hallway and it started speaking.

FUCK!

But are you sure it came from the fetus? I also heard a deep, male voice speaking from time to time, but I believe it came from the radio.

Danomeon

Neo Member
This was gold. I was legitimately pretty terrified by this, it hit all the right notes of the otherworld barging through and tampering with reality.
Refrigerator Baby is going to haunt my dreams for a good few nights.

I'm not sure what to think about the game it is teasing, as I'm worried this will end up being like the Dead Island trailer.
The Silent Hill Series isn't known for being first person, and I think a third-person game couldn't be nearly as terrifying as this demo.
I just hope they take the ideas and lesson from this teaser and integrate them into the full game: this is scarier than any horror games I've played since Amnesia.

dhonk

So... Is there a point to the monstrous fetus on the sink? At first I believed the baby cries came from it, but nope.

Does it do anything? Sometimes it disappears, but most of the time it is there, just moving.

Seems like a really random Eraserhead homage, but that's it.

FUCK!

But are you sure it came from the fetus? I also heard a deep, male voice speaking from time to time, but I believe it came from the radio.

I totally had it happen to me, and it was definitely coming from the fetus. It was right after
the voyeur murder scene in the bathroom during the hallway of eyeballs.

many people on the twitch streams lied about beating it, can you share a tweet or a video from your PS4? A few people told me they beat it and then just sent me a youtube from the girl who beat it.

I mean, I didn't record it or anything. I was just playing it with a friend. If I turn on my PS4 the video wouldn't still be there, would it? Cause I can go look.

majik13

Alright, this game just got me big time.
Some pale ghost flew through me as I was nearing the exit door. I jumped a mile and hit the pause screen. Once I gained my composure, I started playing and it appeared again in an instant and killed me.
No horror game has fucked me up like that before. Now I don't want to play it anymore.

I've gotten all the photo pieces I think. I don't know what the hell to do about that clock and phone though.

yeah I played the last puzzle for over an hour, with countless loops. And then while exiting down the stairs one time, the ghost jumped out of nowhere and killed me. Simliar to previously in the game. Unless that was random as well?

Didnt think the ghost would do that in the final puzzle. Ussually she justs possesses

i beleive that is where some of the crying is supposedto be coming from near the begining, and I beleive it actually talks lines at a later puzzle, after the bathroom peephole scene maybe.

Doesn't everyone realize that all these "solutions" to get the to phone ring are all completely different. I haven't seen one single solution verified by more than one person. They're all the thing things you just happened to be doing when the 2nd laugh or phone started to ring. As far as I'm concerned, the things you think you did to trigger the ending are all coincidence until you can repeat the same steps and trigger the ending multiple times. It's pretty much 99.9% fact at this point that it's completely random.
It does seem to be random. I've watched a lot of streams and I've seen multiple people get the phone trigger through different means. I believe there's a pattern you have to follow concerning the ghost before being able to trigger the phone. But getting the phone to ring once at that point seems to be a random event.

FUCK!

I swear its lips were matching up to the words. It gave me some creepy speech, I can't remember everything it said though. I could've just thought it looked like the mouth was matching up to the words though, but when I left the bathroom it stopped mid speech and when I came back in it restarted the speech again. I plan to try to get through it again tonight with another friend so I'm going to try to try and see if I can trigger it again.

Shoeless

Okay, just finished it myself just now, but I honestly couldn't tell you what I did that was any different.

I started up the teaser again, and it reloaded to a "past save" where I was in the final loop, but still needed to find three of the pieces for the photo. I found each part, then proceeded to a new loop. On the loop where the photo was completed, I hung around the photo and went off to do other stuff, but kept my wireless headphones on so I could listen for the baby giggle. A lot of nothing happened for several minutes, then as I moved away the baby giggle occurred. I went over the mirror, hung around for a few minutes, nothing. I went over to the radio, hung around for a few minutes nothing. Finally went over to the phone, got the second baby giggle, and then a few seconds later, the controller vibrated. Once that was done, phone call, and out.

The only thing I noticed that seemed different was the frequency of the ghost music/fx. In this final loop (I was trying to avoid getting possessed) the music started up a lot sooner than in other loops. That's the only thing that seemed significantly different.

Anyway, saw the teaser. Glad that's over with, loved the marketing technique at work here, but that last puzzle really killed the momentum of fear and anxiety the teaser had been brilliantly building up until that point.

xaosslug

If I power down the PS4, I'll need to do the whole game from the begininng, or it auto-save each time I enter in the room?

you restart from the beginning of the last puzzle you completed, I think? That's what happened to me, at least. I had to find the picture pieces again.

This is the best demo for a game like Silent Hill ever. Love the discovery/puzzle elements. I think the teaser was always supposed to play out like a viral ARG campaign: that's the whole point. People having to discuss it and help each other offline is exactly what they wanted this teaser to accomplish.

This game is going to be awesome. I enjoyed the ride, even with the tedium of trying to figure the puzzle elements out. It made it feel all the more like the character is supposed to feel: uneasy, on the verge of losing your mind.

I miss some pieces of the figure, but I can't figure out what to do.
Also I found one thing: when you enter the room, stay quit until the "nnoise" starts. And then, do the following:
-if you hear bells, go check the clock.
-if you hear a disturbing noise, go check the radio
-if you hear phone numebers, go and check the phone

At this point you can hear a baby smiles, but then nothing happen. Sometimes there's the whoman ghost, sometime doesn't appear at all.

Everything is triggered by the location of your character (at least for the finally stage). 90% chance of finding the ghost is to stand by the radio till the bell chimes. Wait till you here the ghost. walk slowly back to the beginning hallway and she will be there

Yes, but I wanna complete this.
By the way, I don't know if I can play, let's say, a ten hours game just like this demo.
I mean, the demo is great, but it require too many "random" things.
Or very hard-to-see things, like the hole in the hallway.

Let me see if I can explain this without confusing people for the final stage...

So you enter the hallway. Walk to where the radio is and wait. DO NOT MOVE (most of the triggers seem to happen by not moving. Moving around too much or "relooping" through the basement door will reset everything) The clock will strike 0:00 and the bells will chime. You will then hear the sound of the ghost. Slowly start walking back to the beginning hallway. The ghost should be there. Approach until she flies through you. This will trigger the repeating sound effect of her crying over a telephone line or radio. Now go to where the river painting and the "calling from hell" message is and wait. DO NOT MOVE. This is where I think it maybe randomized with the timer to the phone going off. Phone should ring and then you can answer it.

UPDATE: I have been hearing that people have continually had the ghost snap their necks when approached. It's either random, or very glitchy.

Everything is triggered by the location of your character (at least for the finally stage). 90% chance of finding the ghost is to stand by the radio till the bell chimes. Wait till you here the ghost. walk slowly back to the beginning hallway and she will be there

The ghost appears 100% of the time after the bell chimes. No need to stand at a certain spot. She will either appear in the bathroom window, the outside windows or various parts in the hallway.Just follow her noise when the music picks up. If she possesses you or runs away she will not comeback until you do another loop. If you avoid her she keeps reappearing every minute or so. The music lets you know she is coming.

Shoeless

Let me see if I can explain this without confusing people for the final stage...

I guess it must be a random trigger for different people, because I just finished it a half hour ago without ever seeing the ghost or being possessed.

Although I did have to stand still for a while at different locations to get the baby giggle.

Yeah, I did it but it doesn't work, maybe because I miss one piece of the pictuer, but I can't figure out how can I grab it.

She can possess you? How? The max she did was running toward me.

That's the possession. You will then hear her on the phone/radio.

For the one piece, did you pause the game and hold R3?

She can possess you? How? The max she did was running toward me.

Once she runs at you she is inside you. Every time you stand still you will hear her breathing.

It didnt work cause it is different for everyone. You cant follow another strategy and hope it works. Just keep moving from spot to spot, or waiting at some spot and hope to get two baby giggles.

Theecliff

Banned
I'm in a never ending hallway where moving eyes have replaced the paintings, you move very fast, the screen's swaying and there's no end door. What do I do?

Also, aside from some iffy aliasing, I can't get over how good this game looks (even though I understand it's very small scale and limited). Great lighting and mostly great texture work.

Afrocious

I'll stream this game when I get off work. I didn't beat it the first time I played it.

I honestly think only a select few are given access to finish the game. That's where the whole 'chosen' line comes from IMO.

I say this because I think that kind of bullshit is possible and I love it.

I'm in a never ending hallway where moving eyes have replaced the paintings and there's no end door. What do I do?

Also, aside from some iffy aliasing, I can't get over how good this game looks (even though I understand it's very small scale and limited). Great lighting and mostly great texture work.

Look for a painting that is not where it should be!

vypek

Nope. Seems to be any number of ways to get that phone call.

How disappointing. Even though I'm terrible with horror. I would be willing to give it a shot (since its daytime, yes I'm okay with being a coward lol) if I knew that it could actually be completed.

Chabbles

Well i got a new one in all the hours i've put in. After getting possessed and then strangled, returned to the hallway with a green flashlight, but now the swinging light by the front door is on lighting the place up. i went back by the clock and the ghost is floating in the usual spot and then a message comes across the screen saying "stand and let is pass" or something, so i stand still and she charges and possess me again, now all other sounds/noises have stopped apart from the breathing of the sink fetus everywhere i walk... this fukn game..

EL CUCO

Im just running around in circles in what seems like being drugged up or super fast...in a red room. Been in this way for about 10 min wtf

XaosWolf

Did it once in about 10-20 minutes, then again in an hour, and having tried a third time, I have given up after 2 hours of only a single giggle.

You don't need all the picture pieces, and you don't seem to need to be caught.

This end part is far too obtuse, with random factors everywhere and no clues to help you.

It is killing the demo. I'd just suggest watching it online at this point.

Jesus, I normally don't like or play survival horror games but that's actually the first time I started and said 'Oh shit!' out loud when playing one. That fucking ghost, out of nowhere.

So, it seems that Silent Hill is playing the jumpscare game, now...

vypek

Im just running around in circles in what seems like being drugged up or super fast...in a red room. Been in this way for about 10 min wtf

That might be the room where you have to look into the hole near the bathroom. There is a painting on the floor and above it is a hole. Peer into it and wait for the conversation to end

RoadHazard

Gold Member
At this again. Still no luck. Got horribly murdered once though! I don't get it, are you supposed to follow her moaning or not?

Akibared

I only get one giggle by doing random shit like looking at the mirror in the bathroom I hope the devs just come out and tell us what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom