• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter: Halo 5 MT brought more money in 6 months than any previous Halo DLCs.

How is this good news in gobsmacked people are saying they spent 500 dollars worth of mt shit. This ingame garbage could be stuff they could easily include in the game.

Can't imagine it's worth it for a few free maps and all it does it encourage everyone else to shove this shit in their games.

Trup1aya

How is this good news in gobsmacked people are saying they spent 500 dollars worth of mt shit. This ingame garbage could be stuff they could easily include in the game.

Can't imagine it's worth it for a few free maps and all it does it encourage everyone else to shove this shit in their games.

1) it provides a financial incentive for prolonged post launch support
2) it's a counter to business models that fragment the playerbase
3) it provides franchises with financial stability, which encourages publishers to continue to invest.

As someone who doesn't buy much DLC, I wish H2 and H3 had systems like this.

E92 M3

Halo 5s Multiplayer being better than Halo 4 or Halo Reachs base(ZBNS Reach shits on Halo 5 from a great height) multiplayer is not in any way some sort of major accomplishment. A 5 year old could have designed better multiplayer than H4 and base Reach.

And at the end of the day, it's not even Halo anymore. (inb4 jem)

ADS, Sprint, the endlessly failing experiment of "enhanced mobility". Halo 5 does NOT play like Halo. It's just a wanna be cod/titanfall with relatively slow kill times and that shows every single day with how pathetic the games population is.

I shouldn't be able to play black ops 2, searching for a good connection game and get into a match in seconds yet try playing Halo 5 on the "Just put me in a damn game" search preference and still have to restart the search several times.

Infact, the "balanced" (wtf was 343 thinking tying skill and connection together in search preferences? like wow...) search option in Halo 5 playing from Australia might as well be non existent. I think I've played 2 games in the last 6 months using that option. Every other game has been 200+ms pings which is by default a shit experience compounded by the poor gameplay of Halo 5.

fNs6oCb.gif

Fotos

Halo 5s Multiplayer being better than Halo 4 or Halo Reachs base(ZBNS Reach shits on Halo 5 from a great height) multiplayer is not in any way some sort of major accomplishment. A 5 year old could have designed better multiplayer than H4 and base Reach.

And at the end of the day, it's not even Halo anymore. (inb4 jem)

ADS, Sprint, the endlessly failing experiment of "enhanced mobility". Halo 5 does NOT play like Halo. It's just a wanna be cod/titanfall with relatively slow kill times and that shows every single day with how pathetic the games population is.

I shouldn't be able to play black ops 2, searching for a good connection game and get into a match in seconds yet try playing Halo 5 on the "Just put me in a damn game" search preference and still have to restart the search several times.

Infact, the "balanced" (wtf was 343 thinking tying skill and connection together in search preferences? like wow...) search option in Halo 5 playing from Australia might as well be non existent. I think I've played 2 games in the last 6 months using that option. Every other game has been 200+ms pings which is by default a shit experience compounded by the poor gameplay of Halo 5.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Well 343 didnt get a single cent from me for Halo 5 (brought pre owned even though it cos more then brand new) and not a single MT from me but I did get the new maps even though most of them were mediocre at best.

JaggedSac

I really like the DLC system they have now, have those that want to spend on cosmetics and extra stuff and let all the community enjoy the content.

We have 16 spots . We are 2 Kill commendations left to Unlock the Achilles Armor(25 for the helmet)
Requirements: Be an active Halo 5 Player. ( Please don't sent a join request if you don't have the game or don't play the game anymore)
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/team%20frankie

Sweet fancy Moses we still have so far to go. I need to hop back on, haven't had time to play many games at all recently.

Well 343 didnt get a single cent from me for Halo 5 (brought pre owned even though it cos more then brand new) and not a single MT from me but I did get the new maps even though most of them were mediocre at best.

They got owned.

1) it provides a financial incentive for prolonged post launch support
2) it's a counter to business models that fragment the playerbase
3) it provides franchises with financial stability, which encourages publishers to continue to invest.

As someone who doesn't buy much DLC, I wish H2 and H3 had systems like this.

so they made more money from MT over paid DLC map packs but provided worst post launch support as in terrible maps? sounds like a good deal.

Trup1aya

so they made more money from MT over paid DLC map packs but provided worst post launch support as in terrible maps? sounds like a good deal.

So we're strawmanning now?

I mean, the quality of the maps is not a function of how the maps were funded.

Do you think H3 maps were good BECAUSE the DLC was paid?
Do you think H5 maps were bad BECAUSE the they were funded by MTs?

If so, that's riculous. In either case, the quality of the maps is a function of how good the map designers are at making maps.

leeh

The post launch support for H5 was anything but poor.

WTH is going on in GAF over the past couple of days? Is it me, or is there just so much more shit posting than usual?

LQX

Others need to take notice. Whenever COD DLC on PC releases it pretty much destroys the community. For the first few weeks you can find games with no issue but as soon as the DLC hits it can take minutes to find a game. People do not want to put up with that shit and I bet they would make a lot more money on PC and retain players if they did not have a season pass.

The post launch support for H5 was anything but poor.

WTH is going on in GAF over the past couple of days? Is it me, or is there just so much more shit posting than usual?

Postlaunch being what? Reskinned maps? Game modes that should have been included at launch?

Boy, I'm sure glad that we needed that REQ system to give us SHIT WE ALREADY HAD IN PREVIOUS GAMES.

But hey, we got a bunch of free maps, so it was totally worth it.

The only thing 343 gets credit for is Forge. And even that should have been included at launch.

Top Bottom