• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 08, 2009

FrankT

dralla said:
1.1 million pre-orders in Europe alone, remember guys!

Some here said 2 million alone in the US between GS and Amazon. Yes, I'm serious. That should be fairly interesting come NPD time.

womfalcs3

Banned
harSon said:
According to this thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195441&page=2), Halo 3 sold to 1 in 3 360 owners at that time which was 1.4 million. So roughly 466,666 people purchased Halo 3 in its first week which means Halo Wars sold roughly 80,000 in its first week of sales using the 17.6% of Halo 3 figure listed above?

That's why I wanted the figure. To get an idea of where the second place title is in sales (Since they mention a quantitative figure for it). Just to get a better view of how the list is shaping.

Thanks.

thaOwner

Jtyettis said:
Some here said 2 million alone in the US between GS and Amazon. Yes, I'm serious. That should be fairly interesting come NPD time.
Thats way too high but then again, people have been looking forward to this game for a long time.
I remember during the PS3's launch her in N.A, a lot of people basically said KZ2 was the reason they picked up
the PS3 because of the infamous E3 05 trailer.

Captain Smoker said:
I've heard that SCEI shipped 5.000.000 units to Japan!
That's gotta be a Joke. 'Trey' have not even passed the 3 mill mark in Japan yet right ?

FrankT

Both of these figures are an actual joke. Although someone seriously did try to pass off that 2 million figure for the US for GS/Amazon in all seriousness a few weeks back. They stated 1 million for each, and the 1 million Amazon figure came from some random poster on Amazon heh.

lol... 2m between GS and Amazon. Add in all the rest of the stores and you'd have pretty much the biggest launch of any game, ever. All that on a console with a 7m install base.

IMPRESSIVE.

guina

So we know that ~80k < KZ2 < GT5P

GT5P was released on March 28, and a week later ELSPA relased their new awards, giving GT5P the silver award. So basicaly: ~80k < KZ2 < 200k

guina

Someone rulled that out earlier in this thread so i assumed ELSPA didnt include this week, but there is a chance KZ2 didnt break 100k this week.

DNF

Jammy said:
It's been out for three or four weeks, not to mention it's a lightgun game. Has any other game of its kind done that well besides RE:UC maybe?

RE:UC was out end of november 2007 and was on place 30th, 32th and --. (WII-Only 5th, 7th, 13th). Not sure if it sold more than HoD:Overkill. It was near christmas but install base maybe wasn't that high.

thaOwner

cjelly said:
Wouldn't Killzone have been on the ELSPA sales awards if it hit over 100k?
Yeah, Halo Wars as well but someone pointed out that, they start recording sales data from January 26-February 22 .

EDIT: Beaten and wrong as well/FIXED.

FrankT

Didn't we get the first week figures of GT5P? 121/131k or so IIRC. Could be off about that.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
If Halo Wars holds the same ratio to Halo 3's launch in the US, it'll be in the range of 560,000 units in the first 10 days, which is more or less what I expected.

It's the Final Fantasy Tactics of the Halo Universe.

I have no clue how it will do in the US, but that will be something else if it does. I know they are having midnight launches at Gamestops nationwide. I got my call yesterday in fact.

Jtyettis said:
Didn't we get the first week figures of GT5P? 121/131k or so IIRC. Could be off about that.

108k I think.

With HW pegged at ~80k earlier in the thread, KZ2 is somewhere in the middle. It will certainly pass 100k in the next set of awards (and perhaps 200k as well).

markatisu

DNF said:
RE:UC was out end of november 2007 and was on place 30th, 32th and --. (WII-Only 5th, 7th, 13th). Not sure if it sold more than HoD:Overkill. It was near christmas but install base maybe wasn't that high.

Just going by chart position HoTD Overkill is on pace to match or exceed HoTD 2/3 Returns which sold between 100-200k in the UK, it started higher and has remained higher through the 1st three weeks

Which means it will do much better than REUC which to my knowledge sold much better in JP and the US then it did in the UK

Loudninja

Glad to see Killzone 2 doing well. :D

Guerrilla Games’ shooter is Sony’s first All Formats number one for nearly two years, with the last being PS2 brawler God of War 2 in April 2007.

That is impressive :0

Banned
Jtyettis said:

Here ya go.

nib95 said:
I think it's just for Europe, since both Amazon (US) and Gamestop have both confirmed they've had over 1 million pre-orders for the game each. Which means the game could be sitting on at least 3.1 million pre-orders worldwide, and that's before the advertising has even kicked in.

majik said:
If it's already at 3 million pre-orders it's beaten both Halo 2 and Gears of War.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen a numbers of ads for Killzone here in the UK so it doesn't surprise me it's #1

The game looks really impressive. I just wish Sony would drop the price of the PS3. Around £179 (even for a 20gb tard pack) would be great.

spwolf

D4Danger said:
I've seen a numbers of ads for Killzone here in the UK so it doesn't surprise me it's #1

The game looks really impressive. I just wish Sony would drop the price of the PS3. Around £179 (even for a 20gb tard pack) would be great.

it sure would be awesome... or maybe if they bundle 1080p TV for 299 I will byte for 2nd time too...

Mrbob

Damn, Dawn of War 2 having some great sales in Europe the past two weeks. Also been the top seller on steam since launch. Awesome.

Syringe

I'm not sure what to think about Killzone 2 in UK. I really thought it should beat the premiere of a mainstream racing game-demo (Gran Turismo 5: Prologue) with the preorders and double installed base. It's good numbers and all, but I did expect more.

gbovo

Syringe said:
I'm not sure what to think about Killzone 2 in UK. I really thought it should beat the premiere of a mainstream racing game-demo (Gran Turismo 5: Prologue) with the preorders and double installed base. It's good numbers and all, but I did expect more.
You.Don't.Have.Any.Numbers. Just.Guestimations.

Syringe

gbovo said:
You.Don't.Have.Any.Numbers. Just.Guestimations.

Of course. Quite good guestimations though, but we all know it didn't beat Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, I and really expected it to do so. Everyone probably did. This was my concern more than anything else. I just expected more, I guess.

Nothing to get upset about. Let's be happy for a good game instead.

spwolf

Syringe said:

thats like saying Gears 2 sales suck because they didnt beat Halo 3

:lol

Syringe

spwolf said:
thats like saying Gears 2 sales suck because they didnt beat Halo 3

I really don't see what you mean here (and who said anything about suck?). But obviously, you expected Gran Turismo 5: Prologue to have a stronger premire than Killzone 2. I didn't. It isn't more complicated than that.

I was really careful when writing my first post. I didn't wan't to upset anyone, since I was afraid it was going to be a flamewar. I still wanted to give my opinion though, but I realise it might have been a mistake. Don't say anything that could even remotely look like something negative about Killzone 2 or you will be laughed at. Even if it is a good point.

Syringe said:
we all know it didn't beat Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, and I really expected it to do so. Everyone probably did. This was my concern more than anything else. I just expected more, I guess.

It took me by surprise too. With all the Killzone 2 hype (since 2005!), the very positive reviews, the current popularity of shooters, and the now larger PS3 install base, I definitely was expecting Killzone 2 to be Sony's fastest seller on PS3. Don't get me wrong, it still did great!
I honestly don't remember GT5: Prologue being such a big hit here, it clearly was a big deal though!

Accident

There is a leak with LTD for some budget games in the ELSPA charts

http://www.elspa.com/?c=/charts/uk.jsp&ct=38
Week ending Feb 28, 2009

Microsoft Xbox 360 (Budget)

1 Halo 3 1002794
2 Kung Fu Panda 260029
3 Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures 334626
4 The Orange Box 117812
5 Dark Sector 42825
6 Project Gotham Racing 4 387768
7 Battlefield: Bad Company 165091
8 Sega Superstars Tennis 137051
9 Forza Motorsport 2 524508
10 Mirror's Edge 145842

Sony PlayStation 3 (Budget)

Week ending Feb 28, 2009

1 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue 411803
2 Dead Space 68339
3 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 154495
4 Mirror's Edge 109661
5 Haze 109167
6 Assassin's Creed 389499
7 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 242266
8 Buzz! Quiz Tv 90400
9 Battlefield: Bad Company 90835
10 Fight Night Round 3111675

Sony PlayStation Portable (Budget)
1 Tekken: Dark Resurrection 216374
2 Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters 125041
3 God of War: Chains of Olympus 82736
4 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories 567780
5 Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories 806801
6 Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition 302243
7 Killzone: Liberation 96681
8 Need For Speed: Carbon 256558
9 Medal of Honor: Heroes 152828
10 Daxter 138792

Sony PlayStation 2 (Budget)

1 Singstar Abba 130397
2 Disney's Bolt 4817
3 Singstar Singalong With Disney 42925
4 Sonic Unleashed 44808
5 Quantum of Solace 61805
6 Singstar Boybands Vs Girlbands 38629
7 Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3 19964
8 Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock 227627
9 Manhunt 2 16160
10 Ben 10: Protector of Earth 127891

guina

Those numbers are NWC - Number of Weeks in the Chart.

Edit2: They really look like ltds after some sales award comparasion, if true Halo3 will get Diamond Award next month.

Accident

guina said:
Those numbers are NWC - Number of Weeks in the Chart.

Most of the numbers match the sales awards from previous months, if the numbers are LTD Halo 3 should be diamond next month.

guina

Accident said:
Most of the numbers match the sales awards from previous months, if the numbers are LTD Halo 3 should be diamond next month.
Yea, i just did that comparasion. Royal fuck up from ELSPA :D

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
PC budget games too:

1 World of Warcraft 515679
2 Mysteryville 2 8596
3 World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade 333762
4 The Orange Box 77874
5 Bejeweled 2 43132
6 Amazing Adventures of The Lost Tomb 14077
7 The Sims 2: Mansion and Garden Stuff 27192
8 Age of Empires 3 263297
9 Theme Hospital 677857
10 Settlers: Heritage of Kings 117291

Tideas

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
O

M

G

Interesting numbers to say the least.

for the GT5:p one, it goes to show you the force that is the GT Franchise. For a prologue to a game to sell almost as much as a full game on a system that has lower hardware number is astounding.

people really do love their Gran Turismo

7 Battlefield: Bad Company 165091 (360)
9 Battlefield: Bad Company 90835 (PS3)

10 Mirror's Edge 145842 (360)
4 Mirror's Edge 109661 (PS3)

Huge discrepancy on a FPS game, not as bad on a different genre, what's the installed base for PS3 and 360 in the UK?

Tideas

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
7 Battlefield: Bad Company 165091 (360)
9 Battlefield: Bad Company 90835 (PS3)

10 Mirror's Edge 145842 (360)
4 Mirror's Edge 109661 (PS3)

Huge discrepancy on a FPS game, not as bad on a different genre, what's the installed base for PS3 and 360 in the UK?

before 360 price drop: probably 1.5 360: 1 PS3.

post price drop: back to 2 360: 1 PS3

Top Bottom